LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON - Merseyside derby

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:10 am

i would like to be very cautious about this game and i agree they could give us a run for our money but u dont see it. 3 or 4 past them today for me
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:32 am

I just got a bad feeling about this one.  :glare:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby matrix » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:39 am

this will be a verry hard game make no mistake  if we win 1-0 i will be a happy man...come on nine wins on the spin will be amazing i cant remember the last time it happened  ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:46 am

no sweat...we should beat the sh11ters easy this time...

I reckon, i will have to stop by "world class" commentary in the 5th minute....  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:54 am

Yes we should be able to beat them, we're in good form and they're terrible, but form means nothing in derbies.

To them, this is equivalent to a cup final. They have nothing else to play for.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:01 am

well thats your opinion....

But here's mine...i usually hate matches against eversh1t, as like u said derbies are different from normal league matches....

But this time, i am supremely confident. Eversh1t are a sh11ty team which belongs in the championship. David Moyes has performed miracle there.....

If all our players turn up and we play 80% to our capability, we should be able to thrash them...
Last edited by The_Rock on Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:04 am

Dalglish[Ian] mentioned how in the 70's we were on a 20 something game unbeaten run, and ended up losing to a shit Everton team.

I'm not entirely optimistic about tomorrow. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:16 am

Here's an article to make u guys feel great...  :buttrock

http://www.thisisanfield.com/columnists0405.php?id=00000205

Liverpool's invincibility is increasing by the week

‘Ohhhhhh – we’ve got Michael Owen
Ohhhhhh – they’ve got Peter Crouch
Ohhhhhh – we’ve got Michael Owen’

The Geordies chanted in unison, no doubt with a collective smug on their face, still feeling happy with themselves for snatching England’s No.1 forward from Liverpool during the summer.

They would not have been shouting that from the rooftops after their team was brushed aside by a dominant Liverpool team. Newcastle were never in the game; Liverpool’s control was absolute.

Rafael Benitez’s master plan is now starting to bear even more fruit after his somewhat miraculous (and some might say bizarre) first season at the helm. His aim to build a balanced side, able to take charge of matches like one would do taking charge of his television set with a remote control, is now being fulfilled. Liverpool uncannily resemble his old Valencia team these days.

It is no wonder many see Benitez as a guru in football, perhaps even more so than Jose Mourinho. He comes in, formulates a plan, and gets his team to play attractive, but ultimately solid, football.

And that was what Liverpool put on our Boxing Day plate on Monday. They were confident in everything they did – they were calm and authoritative in defence, the midfield quartet of Garcia, Kewell, Alonso and the captain Gerrard was fluid, and the forwards worked hard to cause endless problems.

Perhaps much of Liverpool’s current success stems from the team spirit forged under Benitez. Little things like placing Sami Hyypia and Jamie Carragher as roommates helps to build a cohesive unit.

When Steven Gerrard hopped on to Crouch’s back after he scored the opener against Newcastle, it was a sign that the spirit in the dressing room has never been better in years at Anfield. Offloading disruptive characters like Diouf and erasing the cliques that were reportedly present when Houllier was in charge has gone a long way to cultivating that togetherness.

Of course, Owen is not part of this togetherness nowadays. To most Liverpool fans, he is a fond memory. Against the impregnable rearguard that Benitez has manufactured, Owen did not get a sniff, where in the previous week he had effortlessly put three past West Ham.

Owen may be the greater goalscorer, but does he get involved in the games as much as Morientes and Crouch did on Monday? The Liverpool duo played a big part in the win, holding up play, dropping deep, closing down and laying off smart passes. Owen, clever player that he is, is more concerned with goals alone. He is a red-blooded goalscorer, but not necessarily the ideal player to lead Benitez’s frontline in his preferred team model.

Liverpool have moved on quick from the Michael Owen era, and will now concentrate their efforts on chasing Chelsea. The team from Stamford Bridge are still a level above Liverpool, and everyone else in the Premiership, but week by week, Benitez is making the gap closer, in terms of points and the penchant to get results.

One may argue the Blue outfit still have better players everywhere across the park. But the cracks are showing and will continue to show; they are there to be exploited and beaten. Cech’s vulnerabilities are starting to seep out slowly, showing that he is human. Makelele will retire in the coming years. And of course, the problem of keeping a big squad happy will be a bigger problem for Mourinho than for anyone else. If nothing else, Chelsea’s run of three defeats in three competitions recently to Charlton, Real Betis and Man Utd show they are there to be beaten. When will they fall like Arsenal’s ‘Invincibles'? It does not look like anytime soon, but it would seem that Chelsea might have already reached their peak, while Liverpool are slowly getting to theirs.

One thing's for sure: the debate on whether Liverpool need a Michael Owen will return once a patch of bad form hits, and we await for the reaction to that.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:19 am

'cliques'   PMSL - he's been reading the forums.....
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:59 am

that article put a smile on my face! bring on the bluesh.ite
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:26 am

Bring on these bitter horrible little :censored:, cant feckin bare them.
spouting there bitter bile, if it wernt for Heysel, singin Hillsborough and Michael Shields songs that I wont put on here.
They will come out all gung ho and kick everything infront of them, after the first 20 minutes when its all died down a bit, go for the kill.
Try and get an early goal watch them colapse like dominos and :censored: them everywhere.
Bitter :censored: knock me feckin sick.
Best Team on Merseyside my @rse.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:00 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Bring on these bitter horrible little :censored:, cant feckin bare them.
spouting there bitter bile, if it wernt for Heysel, singin Hillsborough and Michael Shields songs that I wont put on here.
They will come out all gung ho and kick everything infront of them, after the first 20 minutes when its all died down a bit, go for the kill.
Try and get an early goal watch them colapse like dominos and :censored: them everywhere.
Bitter :censored: knock me feckin sick.
Best Team on Merseyside my @rse.

You tell 'em!
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:42 am

know something that hasnt been mentioned, well it probably has in another thread but i`ll mention it anyway, but most people are off work this week and today`s match is a late kick off, in fact the term tonights match is more appropiate than todays. i hope i`m wrong but i bet a lot of bluenoses and reds will start on the ale early and make a day of it wether their going the game or watching it in the boozer. the last few derby`s have been early kick off`s.
a full days bevvying and a fiery match could be bad news.
hope no one starts whatever the result, we can do without that not just at christmas but anytime of the year.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:02 am

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:know something that hasnt been mentioned, well it probably has in another thread but i`ll mention it anyway, but most people are off work this week and today`s match is a late kick off, in fact the term tonights match is more appropiate than todays. i hope i`m wrong but i bet a lot of bluenoses and reds will start on the ale early and make a day of it wether their going the game or watching it in the boozer. the last few derby`s have been early kick off`s.
a full days bevvying and a fiery match could be bad news.
hope no one starts whatever the result, we can do without that not just at christmas but anytime of the year.

don't worry ace the bitters will kick off on co :censored:y road no matter what happens they always do
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:20 am

A.B. wrote:I just got a bad feeling about this one.  :glare:

You said that about the Newcastle game  ???
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games