LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN ROVERS - Must win

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:34 pm

Better preformance by the team as a whole Gerrard, Soto, Maxi and Torres being the best of the bunch. Really pleased 4 Nando his hold up play was superb and he got teh goal he deserved. Not seen THAT Gerrard in afew years, looked the young swashbuckling grabbing teh game by the balls Gerrard. His delivery was brilliant unlucky not 2 have afew more assists 2 his name. The goal we conceded and r play after Torres goals still tells me we have along way 2 go. Still dont think Roys the right man 4 the job but agree that some of the personal digs r disraceful.

We need the same sort of preformance against Bolton (better actually) and a win by a bigger goal difference. Then we can start thinking of getting out of this mess 4 good. Chelsea r Chelsea so a lose i wouldnt look 2 much into aslong as it doesnt affect the next matches.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:35 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:35 pm

Better preformance by the team as a whole Gerrard, Soto, Maxi and Torres being the best of the bunch. Really pleased 4 Nando his hold up play was superb and he got teh goal he deserved. Not seen THAT Gerrard in afew years, looked the young swashbuckling grabbing teh game by the balls Gerrard. His delivery was brilliant unlucky not 2 have afew more assists 2 his name. The goal we conceded and r play after Torres goals still tells me we have along way 2 go. Still dont think Roys the right man 4 the job but agree that some of the personal digs r disraceful.

We need the same sort of preformance against Bolton (better actually) and a win by a bigger goal difference. Then we can start thinking of getting out of this mess 4 good. Chelsea r Chelsea so a lose i wouldnt look 2 much into aslong as it doesnt affect the next matches.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Let's see, for the past two months we've been gagging for the team to play with some cohesion, commitment and verve, to press the ball, to pass and move, to create lots of chances, to work their socks off, to show some pride and--not least--to go out and take all three points.  They did all of that today and that means there is no downside.  For one day at least we should all be pleased that they played close to what they are capable of and got the result.  Tomorrow we can starting thinking ahead to the next game and to the issue of whether they have it in them to do the same again versus Bolton next week and Chelsea the week after that but for today I'll focus on the performance and the result with a smile on my face.  It's been too long. :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:44 pm

Bob

SSShhhhh.....SSShhhhhh.....

Keep it down it here, some of us are trying to sleep!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Dundalk wrote:Bob

SSShhhhh.....SSShhhhhh.....

Keep it down it here, some of us are trying to sleep!

Dundalk...did you see Maxi getting about the pitch today?  He was pressuring the ball very well and won us the ball back a number of times in key positions.  He also contributed well to attacks and looked a goal threat at times.  Arguably his best game in a red shirt.   :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:47 pm

Oh, and Dunny, did you notice how hard Torres was working today?  Making intelligent runs, holding the ball up strongly, dovetailing beautifully with teammates and closing down all across the pitch when we weren't in possession.  He also took his goal well and that will do his confidence a world of good.  Welcome back, Nando lad. :buttrock
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Without a doubt and I have been one of his biggest critics, in previous games the play just seems to fly past him and to me anyway he seemed to be just making up the numbers but he was superb today. Granted it was Blackburn at home but still praise due were it is deserved. I was also impressed with Miereles today who at the end of the season will have about 5-8 goals from long range to his name as his shooting is excellent
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:50 pm

At last the players are getting it.
Well done lads
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:51 pm

I didn't see the game, but glad we won and glad some of our players actually started to play properly.

Happy to see Torres score and Maxi proving doubters wrong.. Keep up the good work!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:52 pm

Better formation , better set up , better tactics , better performance , well deserved result - played the players the way they best perform . Was a bit nervy towards the end but if manager can continue with that set up and tactics then we will improve and we will move up the table and he will continue as manager . Now has to show it wasn't just one swallow and go out and do it again . Atmosphere is ground was a bit muted for large parts of the game . Overall well done - good result . Special mentions to Lucas and Maxi who had their best game for us this season .
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:53 pm

Dundalk wrote:Benny were are you?  :D

Can I help you with something ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:55 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Better formation , better set up , better tactics , better performance , well deserved result - played the players the way they best perform . Was a bit nervy towards the end but if manager can continue with that set up and tactics then we will improve and we will move up the table and he will continue as manager . Now has to show it wasn't just one swallow and go out and do it again . Atmosphere is ground was a bit muted for large parts of the game . Overall well done - good result . Special mentions to Lucas and Maxi who had their best game for us this season .

Fair and balanced reaction, mate.   :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Benny were are you?  :D

Can I help you with something ?

Just messing Benny - nice post from you and as Bob said well balanced
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:58 pm

Dundalk wrote:I was also impressed with Miereles today who at the end of the season will have about 5-8 goals from long range to his name as his shooting is excellent

As was I, mate.  I like his 'pass and move' instinct and the way he drifts into little pockets of space to receive the ball.  He's not shy to put a foot in or put his head in where it hurts either, even if he can be brushed off the ball a little bit as a little fella.  As for the long-range shooting, he's clearly got a bit of the 'release the kracken' about him, which should add another dimension to our attacking play and set pieces.  He's looking like a good signing.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games