LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN ROVERS - Must win

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:02 pm

it was a great team performance. finally the players showed some sense of urgency. Maxi, Lucas and Konchesky played well. Gerrard was his usual awesome self while Carragher somehow seemed to have gained some pace down the right. Torres looks hungry again. MOTM for me is definitely Kyrgiakos. he was outstanding and was a continuous threat in the air. he should start every game!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Kukilon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Played very similar to how we played under Rafa.

Good game lads.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Soto spearheading the way to getting out of a bad streak of results as he did last season?  Seems like it to me.
Zidane

Postby crim cram » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:04 pm

:D there's some funny $hit being spouted right now!  You with your knives out can't help taking a few more stabs despite the win.  Don't worry, you'll have your chance, but today is a day to celebrate. Walk On.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Good job... well done the whole team including Roy...

to be fair Roy might have learned his lesson... the encouraging thing is it's not the fact that we won, it's how we played for like 70 mins. This is how Liverpool should play and Roy is at last showing some balls.

Meireless seems like a totally different player when played in his right position (yes Roy he's a CM). Cole did very well today as well. Maxi has finally woken up. Torres' play has improved as well... not surprising it coincides with how much support he had today. The Greek, Skrtel and Carragher did well. Konchesky still seems be caught out of position at LB. Blackburn's goal was a result of poor defending by him even though he seemed to have made amends by clearing off the line, only to see Carra head it back in  :laugh: .

One thing I don't understand is, when Roy changes to 4-4-2 Gerrard comes into the middle and Meireles plays as RM. Why not play Gerrard as RM Roy? ???? It becomes even stranger when Shelvey comes in and play as RM!

Anyway I hope our season starts today... and the team continues to play as we played today. If that happens Roy might just get more time as manager. For me it's always been how we play more than whether we lose or win a game. Of course it helps that when we play well, we win.

Oh btw, time to get Agbanlahor during the Jan transfer window...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Well done lads and that includes Roy, much more positive and looked like a team.. maybe the hardwork is starting to pay off
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:05 pm

We got Bolton next then Chelsea, I know Chelsea will be hard but we really need 6 points from those if we want to start climbing the table. 1/4 of the season gone and we are in the relegation zone.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:05 pm

mart wrote:
damjan193 wrote:Well, at least we're out of relegation zone. What are we now? 16th, 17th?

18'th

Well... We are now at least only... 6 points away from 4th place... if Arsenal looses or draws today which is unlikely
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:06 pm

mart wrote:
damjan193 wrote:Well, at least we're out of relegation zone. What are we now? 16th, 17th?

18'th

:D

soz that exchange reads funny

we are indeed 18th.. on GD and that's the position with everyone having played 9 games..

Not good i'm afraid next 2 games remain crucial .. but we all know that ..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Well done lads.
Well done Roy.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Great win and fantastic play, if we had some luck with penalty calls would have been a lot more comfortable.

Good to see Nando getting on scoresheet, Maxi having a great game and some good work from Cole in second half.
MOM has to be the Greek for me
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

If we can play like this against Bolton I'll head into Chelsea thinking we can actually steal a point.
Zidane

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

if we win our next game, 7-0, we'll be up to 7th :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Cop on people.....this is no stay of execution for RH. The man should go, full stop. One game out of how many that we've won ?
By the law of averages, a team chock full of internationals SHOULD win against Blackburn....it's the absolute merde that has preceded this result that means he has to go. No two ways about it....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:08 pm

Stream was pretty poo second half ,so i can only go by what i saw. Much much better performance and something to build on . Credit to roy for picking an attacking side and with sticking by maxi . Loads of chances created and if it was n't for there goalie having a blinder we would have been well clear. There goal was a calamitie but that was all ,and the only reason they had possesion in the second half was because our nerves started to get the better of us. Good team performance and good to see nando scoring again . Credit where it's do ,the manager deserves as much credit for that performance as he does the slagging for previous performances . One swallow doesn't make a summer , but if we had stuck our chances away we would have been creaming ourselves over that performance. Well in redmen ,something to build on . Bye the bye if Roy was sacked tomorrow i would still be happy with it . Shows he's fighting though and that's a good thing .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games