LIVERPOOL vs ASTON VILLA - 24/08/09 - 8PM K.O

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Dazzer » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:00 pm

sixbuster wrote:
sixbuster wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Ok I would take of Lucas, slot in Gerrard in place of him. Let Yossi play in the hole up front with Torres and bring on Riera on the left.

I agree totally. Lucas has plummeted to depths I never even thought he could go. Wait and see Rafa will make no changes till the 65th minute. :help

See i was 1 minute out, rafa needs to be more dynamic. may I ask what was the point in bringing Voronin on and play him so deep???

I guess Rafa thought even by law of odds he have to bag a goal at some point seems even that law is against Voronin.

Tho he might be smart as Rafa says his feet are bloody thick as pig sh.it !  :angry:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Thinkpad » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:01 pm

bavlondon wrote:Im sure Rafa being the perfectionist he is will be doing just that now. The good thing about this is we normally bounce back hard after a bad performance.

So.. the next game we will win?
Then what lose again be humiliated the next.. Later to go win the next one? One loss.. the One win.. then one loss.. then one win..lose win lose.. hahaha

I don't know man. If we can't control our games to win most of it. I guess it is better not to play at all.
Thinkpad

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:02 pm

Outside of Citeh, nobody is spending. Others are making do with what they have 'cos financial constraints dictate so. So the players "left" have to step up and show they can do the job.
Apart from Johnson, no new player started tonight, ergo you have to rely on your existing squad - who theoretically at this stage know what the manager wants, and how to play against these lot (and incidentally whup them 5-0 last season in the very same fixture !!) - and guess what ?
We looked like a Sunday league team of no-hopers....

Shame on that team...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby GOAT » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:03 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I don't think you guys need to worry too much.  Every team drops form sometime every season and we might as well just do it now.   I'm sure that once this team finds it's rhythm we will get back on top.

If we go on a 20 game winning run then yeah maybe, we're 6 points behind after 3 games and lost as many as last season already, this is ridiculous
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby sixbuster » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:07 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Outside of Citeh, nobody is spending. Others are making do with what they have 'cos financial constraints dictate so. So the players "left" have to step up and show they can do the job.
Apart from Johnson, no new player started tonight, ergo you have to rely on your existing squad - who theoretically at this stage know what the manager wants, and how to play against these lot (and incidentally whup them 5-0 last season in the very same fixture !!) - and guess what ?
We looked like a Sunday league team of no-hopers....

Shame on that team...

Come on now, no need for that ott :censored:, I,m gutted and disapointed but you have to keep the faith.
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:09 pm

Rubbish !
Keep the faith ? Harsh words are needed sometimes....in fact, a LOT of harsh words are needed after that dross....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Thinkpad » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:10 pm

bavlondon wrote:I don't think we need to be spending on the levels as to bring in 'galacticos' but to at least be denied the usual annual budget of £20 - 25mil (which is to be honest modest by todays standards for a top 4 side that almost won the league last year and has been a top team in Europe for the last 5 years) and then to not be given all of what he raked in from sales is stupid.

By denying him that they are only asking for trouble. It may end up with Rafas job but ultimatley it will hurt Liverpool Football Club too.

I understand where you are coming from. But every team work with their budget. Though I do think our owners are :censored: and a bunch of jokers with no real interest in the club. But the reality is Rafa's has been here a long time. If this is his first year managing Liverpool I would be defending Rafa's need to spend. But this is not even his 2nd or 3rd year. Rafa's has been spending and it cannot always been down to money that we are not performing. Yes we need some cover now, but why can't the players he has bought able to step up?

Anyway, it is reported that Rafa wanted to spend 15million pound on a 30 years old defender. Would you agreed to it? I know I won't.
Thinkpad

Postby Scottbot » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:11 pm

Their three goals summed it up for us tonight, a stupid own goal, a slack corner and a crazy penalty challenge from the Captain. I thought Villa looked a poor side low on confidence and had one of those early chances gone in you fancied we would have won at a canter. Agree the first 15 or so minutes were good but we simply lost it for the last 30 mins of the first-half, we couldn't string 3 passes together. Usually the away team will keep compact and try and funnel everything out-wide but it was almost the other way around tonight, they clearly had a gameplan for Johnson and they simply forced us to play through them which we were/are unable to do with our Masch-Lucas axis. Something has to give with our current set-up and it is hard to justify keeping Stevie out of the midfield until Aquillani is ready to step in. The 2nd half was much better and you really fancied us to go on and get something after Torres' goal but that was sheer madness from Gerrard. Did anyone else notice how lacking in confidence Insua is at the moment? I really like the lad but he was scared sh.i..tless of the ball tonight. I thought Johnson showed his quality again tonight when he was given the opportunity and Kuyt tried his as..s off but it wasn't enough.

I know he's just signed a new contract but watching the game tonight i couldn't help but wish we'd gone back in for Danny Murphy in the off-season. I see the likes of Lucas starting the match and the Voronator coming on to shake things up as our FIRST sub and wonder what the f..u..c...k is going on    :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby abbiedukes » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:12 pm

Back to the drawing boards Rafa!!!! Zonal marking ain't working.
Watch the MAULING! goal highlights;

http://www.liverpoolfcgoals.webs.com  ???
abbiedukes

Postby Zidane » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:17 pm

Gerrard's mistake was worse than Lucas' there I said it! :p I saw a draw coming until that moment, boy did that hurt.
Zidane

Postby ox5 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:34 pm

flippin gutted!
LFC 4EVA
*pm me if you have any spare home tickets for me and daugter!!*
ox5

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:37 pm

Zidane wrote:Gerrard's mistake was worse than Lucas' there I said it! :p I saw a draw coming until that moment, boy did that hurt.

Yeah that was a really badly timed challange. I bet he was just too emotional. Haven't seen him do somethng like that in a few years now.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:46 pm

The midfield was again the major problem for me. After the Spurs game I wondered for how long we could get away with it, seems not very long. When we used to get it right there, we could more or less guarantee a draw at the very least, that's how secure it was last season. You keep the ball, the opposition can't get it, thus the chances of conceding silly free-kicks, corners and penalties reduces dramatically. Possession is key. It was the strongest area of the team after Torres/Gerrard, now it's probably weaker than the Mancs' midfield - Carrick while not great is a good solid performer with an especially good range of passing. Fletcher, while not great can do a decent job defensively and works his nuts off. Between them they make a more effective pairing than Masch-Lucas. Therefore, Gerrard has to come back at least until Aquilani is fit. Stick Benayoun or Kuyt in the hole and play Riera on the left.
LFC2007

Postby Madmax » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:20 am

First thing is bav mate your banned from starting match threads! :D 
poor match and poor display from the team. Ever since the spurs match or even say in pre-season you could tell without the pin point supply of alonso we will struggle. He was the key that unleashed gerrard and torres. Anyhow aquilani could do the same but until he gets back i feel rafa should change the formation. Slot gerrard back in the middle. Rafa will stay as stubborn as ever and we will struggle. Losing 2 matches in 3 is too much tbh. By the time aqua man gets back and gels with the team it could all be well and truly late!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:28 am

Man the gaffer doesnt half talk sh.ite sometimes haha "When you are losing, the only way to change things is to win - that's the only way."
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games