aston villa v LIVERPOOL Sun 4th Oct 7.15pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:05 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:56 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:55 pm wrote:Something is deeply wrong here...

Just a tadge

I mean something behind the scenes...the lads don't look like their mindset is right.

Maybe it's covid-related or Allison's injury...but I've never seen us look so absent minded.

Yes, you’re right definitely something amiss
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:10 pm

Utterly embarrassing. This is Aston Fookin' Villa!
So many shyte performances tonight.
Shots on target straight at their keeper.
Gomez, utter mare of a game. Total pigsh1t.
Adrian not good enough - give Kelleher the jersey instead. TAA, can't defend to save his life.
The list goes on....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Boocity » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:17 pm

Adrian - started the mess
Gomez - shocking
TAA - useless
Keita - garbage

Only Mo with two well taken goals gets any credit
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:18 pm

Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool

Not Fifa lads it's real. Can't believe it when you look at the scoreline. What a fecking embarrassment. Almost every Villa attack felt like they were going to score. Could have easily been 10-2 or more.

Salah getting a goal back should've given the lads confidence, I just don't know what went wrong here.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:18 pm

I think our record defeat was 9-1 or 9-3 or something against Birmingham in the 50’s, we were lucky that wasn’t beaten tonight. Okay any bit of luck went Villa’s way (3 deflected goals, stonewall pen on Salah turned down) but even so we looked miles off the pace. We had a great opportunity to turn the screw on our rivals and instead have piled the pressure on ourselves. Teams will fancy their chances against us now.
Fvcking hell what a night.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:18 pm wrote:I think our record defeat was 9-1 or 9-3 or something against Birmingham in the 50’s, we were lucky that wasn’t beaten tonight. Okay any bit of luck went Villa’s way (3 deflected goals, stonewall pen on Salah turned down) but even so we looked miles off the pace. We had a great opportunity to turn the screw on our rivals and instead have piled the pressure on ourselves. Teams will fancy their chances against us now.
Fvcking hell what a night.

It gives Klopp something to work on now. The lads just looked beaten, deflated and had truly given up. I think being 2-0 down caught us off guard and from then on we were just chasing shadows. Wow can't still believe the scoreline, I thought Stoke tonking is few year ago was bad. The context of this is worse, being champions and having something to play for. Klopp will sort this out, they will get hell in training.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:32 pm

What pi$$ed me off just as much as that thrashing by an inferior team, was the absolute lack of leaders on the pitch. NOBODY screaming fire or kicking their teammate up the ar$e. Not Gini, VVD, Milner when he came on, Robbo...not one of them holding others to account for pi$$ poor defending, passing, not getting a tackle in...
Fook me, it shows just how badly Hendo is missed to play that Captain role.
Fuming here.
:censored:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:15 pm

That was absolutely disgusting tonight, it's completely ruined my mood. Adrian should never play for this club again after tonight, he was beyond amateurish. And honestly after tonight I'm done with Gomez! He's been awful for some time now and we really need a new CB to challenge for that position. I'm worried about Bobby who's looked really poor and disinterested this season.

Honestly this has been the worst performance I've seen for over 10 years...
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:28 pm

Apart from the hammering against Stoke this has to be the worst I've ever seen. I've been following us since early 90s and I can't think of a result this bad.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:12 am

redshade » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:28 pm wrote:Apart from the hammering against Stoke this has to be the worst I've ever seen. I've been following us since early 90s and I can't think of a result this bad.

I’ve been watching us since the mid 70’s mate and I honestly can’t remember a game like that where the opposition looked like scoring literally every time they crossed the halfway line. When I said we were lucky that wasn’t our record defeat I wasn’t being facetious, apart from the seven goals they scored Barkley missed 2 great chances, the lad who got a hat trick was clean through one on one with Adrian but hit it right at him and that other fella hit the bar when he basically had a open goal, we could have easily and I mean easily conceded 10+ goals there tonight.
Thank God we were only playing Villa, a really creative outfit like Bayern or prime Barca would have probably put 20 past us tonight.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:19 am

That was just fooking awful to watch  :down: 

Adrian was just dirt. Not saying he could have saved them all but had no reaction at all for the deflections and the two that beat him to his left he dove with right arm outstretched.  Keita was poor as well and Gini looked clueless. How Bobby continues to start with performances like that game after game is baffling. He doesn't deserve it imo.

Our defending was also poor and Gomez got the brunt of it. We pushed so high and left a lot of space for players to run into which left us vulnerable and easy to exploit when we gave it up so cheap down their end.

Easy to blame it all on us but some credit has to go to Villa. It takes a good performance to beat us like that regardless of how bad we play. They exploited the spaces very well time after time, pressed hard when they needed to and sometimes you just get that kind of luck like they did with the deflections. To get a few in a match is rare but we stood off them too much.

Thought Jota did well on his full debut. Decent passing, Made some good runs and took up some great positions but really lacked power in his shots.

Thank fook its an international break so the players have time to have a LONG hard look at themselves and just take in how embarrassing that was. 7.2 and it easily could have been 8 or 9.  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:17 am

red till i die!! » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:19 pm wrote:That was just fooking awful to watch  :down: 

Adrian was just dirt. Not saying he could have saved them all but had no reaction at all for the deflections and the two that beat him to his left he dove with right arm outstretched.  Keita was poor as well and Gini looked clueless. How Bobby continues to start with performances like that game after game is baffling. He doesn't deserve it imo.

Our defending was also poor and Gomez got the brunt of it. We pushed so high and left a lot of space for players to run into which left us vulnerable and easy to exploit when we gave it up so cheap down their end.

Easy to blame it all on us but some credit has to go to Villa. It takes a good performance to beat us like that regardless of how bad we play. They exploited the spaces very well time after time, pressed hard when they needed to and sometimes you just get that kind of luck like they did with the deflections. To get a few in a match is rare but we stood off them too much.

Thought Jota did well on his full debut. Decent passing, Made some good runs and took up some great positions but really lacked power in his shots.

Thank fook its an international break so the players have time to have a LONG hard look at themselves and just take in how embarrassing that was. 7.2 and it easily could have been 8 or 9.  :down:

The high line is risky, when you have some players having a mare and a keeper no one seems to have confidence in then its a recipe for disaster.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:45 am

Like Carragher said at 5-2 the game was over we should've abandoned the high line, played a bit deeper and tried to keep the scoreline in check. Maybe that way we could've nipped a goal or two and kept it somewhat a little less embarrassing.
The way we played Villa easily should've beaten us 10-2 or more.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:30 am

Sh*t happens. We move on.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)