Aston Villa Vs Liverpool 20:00 ko 10/05

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Tue May 10, 2022 9:46 pm

Danny Ings, cracking shot but offside. We're very haphazard tonight, it simply isn't working.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 10, 2022 9:50 pm

Reg » Tue May 10, 2022 8:46 pm wrote:Danny Ings, cracking shot but offside. We're very haphazard tonight, it simply isn't working.

The lads are knackered. I think the spurs draw has taken the wind out their sails, too.

But so important to press on until the end.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue May 10, 2022 9:55 pm

FT 2-1 we had to work hard for the 3 points...players looked tired
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue May 10, 2022 9:57 pm

Keita looks to have suffered a groin injury
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 10, 2022 9:58 pm

Scrappy at times but that God its over and we got full points. A lot of the players are starting to look tired now which is a worry.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 10, 2022 9:59 pm

Last thing we need now is 120 minutes at the weekend
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 11, 2022 1:28 am

We did look a bit leggy which is probably why the likes of Mo, Thiago and Robbo didn't start.
Hope we don't have a repeat of Jurgens first season where we knocked out all the favourites for the Europa League on our way to the final but completely hit the buffers physically against Seville - a side we would have comfortably beaten a few weeks earlier.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed May 11, 2022 6:04 am

I grinding win, we seem to have lost our peak at the wrong time as the boys look tired. I hope the “moment” will fire them up for the FA cup. Interesting to see how Coutinho developed since he left us, it is the first time I actually watch him play, he looked stockier and less mobile and played a more defensive role than he played for us. Selling him was the best move Liverpool made as it was the catalyst for where we are now.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed May 11, 2022 9:50 am

Grinding out the win and still keeping City on their toes. Yup I agree players do look leggy, I really hope we can snap the trophy on Sat and then prep for the big one against Real. Last thing you want now is finishing the season just with EFL cup.

Let's see if Villa will be this fired up against City, you rarely see the same intensity and yet Pep claims everyone wants Liverpool to win, twerp.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed May 11, 2022 10:39 am

I agree with a lot of what has been said. Tsimikas and Keita  both looked poor again tonight. Tsimikas lacks game time however the same cannot be said of Keita. Keita is one annoying player. Plays four or five decent games on the bounce and then turns to sh1t. Is it any wonder he has his critics. He was woeful against Villareal and was majorly responsible for their half time 2-0 lead. I fully accept that we were absolutely awful in the first half against Villarreal however Keita was terrible and it was no wonder he was left out against Spurs. Admittedly he improved in the second half – probably got a bollocking from Klopp at half-time. Unfortunately he was no better tonight against Villa. He improved after Hendo came on. Henderson made a massive difference. Having said all that we look fecking knackered and still won !! Chelsea and RM will be more difficult.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Wed May 11, 2022 4:32 pm

It was a valuable 3 points, especially after the disappointing show against Spurs! Fabinho's absence will a great loss and we hope he can recover quickly, Tsimikas had an average game, he needs more playing minutes in the first team, as for Keita, he is not a first-team player, he is a very expensive average player, the club ought to get rid of him. Salah once again was poor!.  I hear a lot of clubs are after Mane, you cannot say the same about Salah!  LFC needs to bring in top strikers in the summer.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:29 pm

The players definitely looked leggy, though I hope that leggyness was more to the fact that the league is more or less gone and they were not so motivated. If it's fatigue then I'm a bit worried since we still have 2 big finals to play.

Some of our players weren't up to par as mentioned by others, but I see no one mentioned Jota. Since Diaz arrival he's not been at his best. Yesterday I almost forgot he was playing. Against Spurs as well, he was poor when he was brought in.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games