LIVERPOOL vs ASTON VILLA - 24/08/09 - 8PM K.O

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby lfc-gaz » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:31 am

is there any other supports online tonite that are quite simply sick of Rafa, his negative tactics, his inability to purchase quality youth players ( i believe 60+ since he joined, how many have made the cut??) Lets be honest, carra has been going stale in the last two seasons, LUCAS just isnt good enough, kuyt will give 100%, but is there any real quality in him, he was bout as a striker, but was so retarded at that he has being shifted to the wing, ( DIOUF too!!!), Voronin was the answer on the bench, complete joke, Babel hasnt done it, get rid!!!

Everyone blames the board, and the lack of funds. Wenger constantly buys young gems and they nearly all produce, clichy, anelka, ramsey, vela, fabregas, diaby, i could go on and on.  He even gets quality proven players, ie arahavin, at good prices, what do we get  DAVID N GOG, 2  goals in 80+ games for PSG, are you having a laugh.  Rafa out, if we had Harry redknapp we would of had the league years ago!!! FACT
lfc-gaz

Postby Madmax » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:34 am

you have posted that in another thread aswel, take it easy fella!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfc-gaz » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:36 am

ne body using that one chap!!
lfc-gaz

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:41 am

lfc-gaz wrote:is there any other supports online tonite that are quite simply sick of Rafa, his negative tactics, his inability to purchase quality youth players ( i believe 60+ since he joined, how many have made the cut??) Lets be honest, carra has been going stale in the last two seasons, LUCAS just isnt good enough, kuyt will give 100%, but is there any real quality in him, he was bout as a striker, but was so retarded at that he has being shifted to the wing, ( DIOUF too!!!), Voronin was the answer on the bench, complete joke, Babel hasnt done it, get rid!!!

Everyone blames the board, and the lack of funds. Wenger constantly buys young gems and they nearly all produce, clichy, anelka, ramsey, vela, fabregas, diaby, i could go on and on.  He even gets quality proven players, ie arahavin, at good prices, what do we get  DAVID N GOG, 2  goals in 80+ games for PSG, are you having a laugh.  Rafa out, if we had Harry redknapp we would of had the league years ago!!! FACT

I have lost track of how many times I've seen these types of posts on here over the years.  Can you new guys come up with something different?
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Madmax » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:12 am

We all are pi$$ed off about this chaos situation but the comment from rawk are cracking me up... lol

"Ive just set fire to my house with the mrs in it and the TV on. I am currently naked  as I have taken all my clothes off in delirium and am posting this from my iPhone which I shall shortly put up my ar.s

"the world has ended."

"I've killed the cat and pi..ssed on the gnomes. Sorted."

"I've just eaten some raw meat out the fridge that was going to be our tea tommorow. Now I'm going to get the shovel out and go down the St Lukes cemetry, I'm going to dig up some dead bodies and scatter body parts around the front gardens of all these ba.s.t..ards who just don't understand what we're going through."

"We have to play Everton ASAP!"

LMAO - thats cheered me up!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:18 am

They might not have been the best in possession but their defence played really well it has to be said. They really did work as a unit and thwart most of what we had to offer.
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:04 am

LFC2007 wrote:They might not have been the best in possession but their defence played really well it has to be said. They really did work as a unit and thwart most of what we had to offer.

Good plan though LFC, and it's one we'll run into again unless we get ourselves sorted. Quite simply, if nobody is prepared to either bring the bring the ball out of defence or pass it further than 20 yards and with a bit of snap, we are going to hae all sorts of trouble getting Torres and Gerrard into the game.

Some posters think that Lucas is being singled out but he isn't, not by me anyway. He simply isn't anywhere near good enough a ball distributer to fill in the hole left by Alonso. Either Masherano must step up to the plate (if indeed he's capable) or we move Gerrard back.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:26 am

Only players who can walk oyt of that game with any pride is mascherano , kuyt and johnson , masch was really trying to string something together , johnson cut in a couple of times , put in some good balls and had young in his pocket . Kuyt was the only one playing with passion , trying to get any part of his body to get contact with the ball and any other night he would have scored . Very poor result , considering we lost only 2 games last season and now we have lost 2 games in 3 matches . Rafa has do something soon , either get somemore funds so that we can at least have a avenue to turn to when we are down rather than :censored: voronin
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:32 am

Toffeehater wrote:Only players who can walk oyt of that game with any pride is mascherano , kuyt and johnson , masch was really trying to string something together , johnson cut in a couple of times , put in some good balls and had young in his pocket . Kuyt was the only one playing with passion , trying to get any part of his body to get contact with the ball and any other night he would have scored . Very poor result , considering we lost only 2 games last season and now we have lost 2 games in 3 matches . Rafa has do something soon , either get somemore funds so that we can at least have a avenue to turn to when we are down rather than :censored: voronin

agree. By the way, the defense was bad last night...
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:38 am

To be honest Toff you picked three players out and I thought two of them were poor. I thought Masherano didn't take enough responsibility in posession, and I though that at times Kuyt's decision making and distribution were absolutely awful. Sprinting 50 yards to close down a lost cause may make it look like you are playing "with passion", but I'd much prefer it if he contributed to the build up play occasionally without rendering the whole movement funerial. We'd almost have been better off if he'd gone back to right full back and got out of Johnson's way for much of the match.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:44 am

bigmick wrote:To be honest Toff you picked three players out and I thought two of them were poor. I thought Masherano didn't take enough responsibility in posession, and I though that at times Kuyt's decision making and distribution were absolutely awful. Sprinting 50 yards to close down a lost cause may make it look like you are playing "with passion", but I'd much prefer it if he contributed to the build up play occasionally without rendering the whole movement funerial. We'd almost have been better off if he'd gone back to right full back and got out of Johnson's way for much of the match.

I thought masch was good though , he never has been able to pull the passes like alonso did and now he has lucas next to him , he tried to find spaces and gaps for our players to run to but villa shut us out with 5 midfielders and 4 defenders , it was always going to be tough . Kuyt's passing was poor but he looked our only dangerous player upfront , he's looking like a real threat from corners as well and on any other night if friedal didn't have his usual blinder we would have scored
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:22 am

Scottbot wrote:Their three goals summed it up for us tonight, a stupid own goal, a slack corner and a crazy penalty challenge from the Captain. I thought Villa looked a poor side low on confidence and had one of those early chances gone in you fancied we would have won at a canter. Agree the first 15 or so minutes were good but we simply lost it for the last 30 mins of the first-half, we couldn't string 3 passes together. Usually the away team will keep compact and try and funnel everything out-wide but it was almost the other way around tonight, they clearly had a gameplan for Johnson and they simply forced us to play through them which we were/are unable to do with our Masch-Lucas axis. Something has to give with our current set-up and it is hard to justify keeping Stevie out of the midfield until Aquillani is ready to step in. The 2nd half was much better and you really fancied us to go on and get something after Torres' goal but that was sheer madness from Gerrard. Did anyone else notice how lacking in confidence Insua is at the moment? I really like the lad but he was scared sh.i..tless of the ball tonight. I thought Johnson showed his quality again tonight when he was given the opportunity and Kuyt tried his as..s off but it wasn't enough.

I know he's just signed a new contract but watching the game tonight i couldn't help but wish we'd gone back in for Danny Murphy in the off-season. I see the likes of Lucas starting the match and the Voronator coming on to shake things up as our FIRST sub and wonder what the f..u..c...k is going on    :(

I'm afraid we give away too many free-kicks and corners, it is inevitable that sides will profit from them by the law of averages. We are poor defensively from set-pieces, some will say we have a decent defensive record but think about it logically. If a team takes 20 corners and free-kicks, probably half will be inaccurate and the keeper will claim, punch or they will land on a defender's head, another quarter will probably be nodded out for a corner or goal kick and the keeper might save a few. On a good night any threats will be dealt with, but some will go in and you simply can't afford to keep giving away freebies and expect to get away with it.

With no Alonso in midfield we were never going to boss the game with Mascherano and Lucas our midfield "engine room". It's just a shambles at the moment, half our transfer budget wasted on a crocked Italian that is no good to us at the moment and the other half extravagantly spent on a RB who is not going to compensate the lack of creativity caused by Alonso's sale and that we had last season - not on his own as has been proven. So I agree with comments made about spending, 'limited funds' blown on a couple of players that don't fix our problems. It's an uphill struggle from here, sides will take heart from this result and while we might knock over a few stokes, I can see us losing 7+ games this season and being in a scrap for 3rd, 4th or maybe even worse. What fix can Rafa make with no money reportedly left? His preset substitutions won't make any difference. Maybe we will be forced to play 4-4-2 and perhaps restore Dirk to striker and play Yossi on the right and Riera on the left with Gerrard dropping deeper to play box to box. But with Mascherano sitting deeper and not much use in attack then why does Gerrard need to fall back a bit, we can play 4-1-3-2 with Gerrard behind the strikers and able to drop back and defend if needed.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:46 am

poor
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:55 am

Toffeehater wrote:
bigmick wrote:To be honest Toff you picked three players out and I thought two of them were poor. I thought Masherano didn't take enough responsibility in posession, and I though that at times Kuyt's decision making and distribution were absolutely awful. Sprinting 50 yards to close down a lost cause may make it look like you are playing "with passion", but I'd much prefer it if he contributed to the build up play occasionally without rendering the whole movement funerial. We'd almost have been better off if he'd gone back to right full back and got out of Johnson's way for much of the match.

I thought masch was good though , he never has been able to pull the passes like alonso did and now he has lucas next to him , he tried to find spaces and gaps for our players to run to but villa shut us out with 5 midfielders and 4 defenders , it was always going to be tough . Kuyt's passing was poor but he looked our only dangerous player upfront , he's looking like a real threat from corners as well and on any other night if friedal didn't have his usual blinder we would have scored

:laugh:  It just goes to show mate, I thought Masch was good, Johnson was average and Kuyt was poor.

Then again if we knew anything about football we would be following a good team  :D

We need to get our house in order get on a good run and put this start behind us.

In the short term I would drop Gerrard back into midfield and throw Kuyt up front with Torres.

Gerrard      Masch

Benayoun                                    Riera
                         Kuyt
                             Torres
account deleted by request

Postby mistyred » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:06 am

I can almost see Alan Hansen having nightmares.

Absolutely shocking result.

I wanna K.O everybody like the guy in my sig  :D
Last edited by mistyred on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games