LIVERPOOL vs ASTON VILLA - 24/08/09 - 8PM K.O

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:32 pm

I cant tell you how sad I am this morning, it seems the club is incapable of rising to our expectations either on or off the field.

And before Ciggy says anything stupid about not being a real supporter, I´ve followed this club for more than 40 years but for the good of my physical and mental health I´d be better off supporting someone like Wrexham. At least you get what you expect over there. Maybe Chester in honour of Rushie, that sounds better.

Why are LFC so good at letting us down?
Last edited by Reg on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:36 pm

There must be something going on behind the scenes mate. No one looks focused or up for it and that's really strange given a few months earlier we almost won the league.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:10 pm

Sabre wrote:
bigmick wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:They might not have been the best in possession but their defence played really well it has to be said. They really did work as a unit and thwart most of what we had to offer.

Good plan though LFC, and it's one we'll run into again unless we get ourselves sorted. Quite simply, if nobody is prepared to either bring the bring the ball out of defence or pass it further than 20 yards and with a bit of snap, we are going to hae all sorts of trouble getting Torres and Gerrard into the game.

Some posters think that Lucas is being singled out but he isn't, not by me anyway. He simply isn't anywhere near good enough a ball distributer to fill in the hole left by Alonso. Either Masherano must step up to the plate (if indeed he's capable) or we move Gerrard back.

Which Alonso did we miss though? The inmeasurably better Alonso of last season only? or perhaps the inmeasurably worse player with a dip of form could have been handy aswell, that is, did we miss only last season's Alonso?

I just want to put bounds to what inmeasurably and dip of form means because it's the kind of thing I didn't get. Sure Alonso played better last season, but even in his dip, he was a better option than most midfielders.

Anyhow, and coming from a man that did praise Alonso always, I must say that we have to believe in the squad. Liverpool wasn't Alonso only, and people like Mascherano and Gerrard have industrial amounts of quality aswell, I think we'll improve soon enough, but it must be soon!

Alonso playing last night would'nt have made the slightest bit of difference. We'd still have got beat as the lack of movement upfront was chronic.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:13 pm

bavlondon wrote:There must be something going on behind the scenes mate. No one looks focused or up for it and that's really strange given a few months earlier we almost won the league.

But we were all over them like a bad rash in the first 12 minutes? Supposed to have been great football, no?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:17 pm

stmichael wrote:We'd still have got beat as the lack of movement upfront was chronic.

Not strictly true mate....

Torres moved quite a bit, it has to be said. Granted, it was from a standing position to one flat out on the turf, and generally when any defender came within close proximity to him. Or when the wind gusted...

And I'm nearly sure I saw Voronin move too, but that could well have been his mullet moving in the wind and not him....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby mistyred » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:31 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
stmichael wrote:We'd still have got beat as the lack of movement upfront was chronic.

Not strictly true mate....

Torres moved quite a bit, it has to be said. Granted, it was from a standing position to one flat out on the turf, and generally when any defender came within close proximity to him. Or when the wind gusted...

And I'm nearly sure I saw Voronin move too, but that could well have been his mullet moving in the wind and not him....

Pmsl Mark very funny  :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:32 pm

What annoys me is how Marin O'neill and the villa fans are saying how good they were and how it was an excellent performance  :O

I mean Villa didnt play badly, but they were far from anything great.. we were just awful and even still playing awful we had them on the backfoot for most of the game and they were lucky to take the lead in the first place with a flukey own goal.

Annnnnd we should have had a penalty and Friedel made some class saves, god i feel like Arsene Wenger  :laugh:
Fauxy

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:51 pm

stmichael wrote:Alonso playing last night would'nt have made the slightest bit of difference.

???  :O  :Oo:  :upside:
LFC2007

Postby Dundalk » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Torres' touch last night was woeful, we seemed incapable of controlling the ball and looked like a baby elephant when tried to dribble with it. I hope we can just put it down to a bad day at the office but the performance of the team last night has me worried
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:08 pm

Judge wrote:poor

i agree with myself  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:15 pm

Judge wrote:
Judge wrote:poor

i agree with myself  :D

You would you bloody weirdo  :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Came on here to get the answers and now I've forgotten the fkg question?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Fauxy wrote:What annoys me is how Marin O'neill and the villa fans are saying how good they were and how it was an excellent performance  :O

I mean Villa didnt play badly, but they were far from anything great.. we were just awful and even still playing awful we had them on the backfoot for most of the game and they were lucky to take the lead in the first place with a flukey own goal.

Annnnnd we should have had a penalty and Friedel made some class saves, god i feel like Arsene Wenger  :laugh:

Anyone who wins 3-1 at Anfield is probably allowed to say how good they were.
puroresu

Postby Fauxy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:48 pm

puroresu wrote:
Fauxy wrote:What annoys me is how Marin O'neill and the villa fans are saying how good they were and how it was an excellent performance  :O

Anyone who wins 3-1 at Anfield is probably allowed to say how good they were.

Cmon they wernt that good we were just terrible
Fauxy

Postby algymoon » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:05 pm

Thinkpad wrote:After so many season with Liverpool and spending huge amount of money in each season we still find ourself lacking in depth and lacking in balance. Rafa is blameless as usual.
The usual brigade will surely think it is still too early to judge cause these first few games are not rewarded with 3 points only those games later in the season. It's too early as usual.

You know what... not many premier league managers have as much as what Rafa's have to spent on players. Some with shoe strings budget but yet still manage to have a team of talents.
Funny enough that team was dismissed as weakened, full of youngsters (can't win anything with them) and not good enough.
But we all know now how stupid these comments really are.

Money money money... Why is it that every time Liverpool fails to win games it is because we lack funds to be a galaticos?
How much is enough? Do you seriously think that by giving money to Rafa he will spend it well?
How many "Lucas" & "Babel" like players will he be buying? How many strikers will he be buying to make them into midfilder or winger?
After so many years, we are still constantly rebuilding with dubious players with dubious talent (okay.. some not so dubious but he should realised such players are ill fitted to this league).
After so many years we still don't have someone to step up when one senior player leaves.
My decision is clear, if we failed to even stay up in top four by end of this season then Rafa must surely go. I am not asking for his head now but making a statement for the end of the season.
Why continue the sufferings? As the Chinese says.. short pain is better than long sufferings. After so many season I guess I had enough.

Now let's check out Arsene Wenger's contract. I think it is up very soon. Hope he doesn't renew it.

I do agree with you on some of your points, but I may add other interesting points.
It is quite clear that the team is struggling badly, due to unconvincing per-season preparations which it had left many unanswered question about the wisdom and judgement of the manager.
The manager clearly take the full blame for a shamble start of the new season, where the manager was hoping to continue a decent form like last season, but he has forgetting a major factor which does reflect to the loss of the irreplaceable Alonso, who never got credit he deserves by almost winning the league single handed, his big presence in the team had allowed other players to have more freedom to achieve good fortune.

The main manager’s problems since he has been in charged is lack of width, and defending issues like converting to zone marking, which it has been a bad practise and failure from the beginning, as for finding the correct formula for creating width, he had tried a numerous personal for these positions, and has yet to succeed in finding one.

Liverpool FC main two major problems are the two profiteering owners, and an arrogant, and unaccomplished manager, it is a lethal combination for failure.

The team lack depth in quality especially up front department, apart from Torres, there are no other to fill that role, and if we ever think that Voronin is the manager choice for cover, then God will helps us!. The manager refuses to allow Babel to play along side Torres, and he wouldn’t give a chance to young promising players in first team, where he opted by sending them away on loan.
Playing one striker role in home games is an absolute waste of time, the modern teams they are applying five-man defence system when they are playing away.
I do not share the optimism about the outcome of this season, I just can not see it in Benitez, he is a complicated manager, an awful judge for players to fit into his wired system and style of play, and his recent mistake is buying an injured player for £20M, who wouldn’t be fit to play until end of October, as replacement for Alonso! Is this an indication of a wise and clever manager?
algymoon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games