Aston Villa vs Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:08 am

Swings and roundabouts Devaney mate, if you look at the French league PSG lead by 24 points after 24 games with a +51 goal difference when the other teams have +8 to +10. Funny...happy... no Qatari money has destroyed the French league. The real league is being played out for 2nd and 3rd place and I sympathise with French football fans. Bayern's domination of the German league is equally depressing... did they really need Pep to come in, hasn't he been on sabatical these last 2-3 years?

Barca and Real Madrid dominating the Spanish league? Pretty to look at but not exactly a happy prospect if you come from any of the other 20 big cities round the country. I agree EPL sides have lost their sparkle but at least we now have a more balanced league than the other Europeans so whilst as an outsider we can all admire the Likes of Barca's M-S-N, or Ronaldo at RM, its pretty dour for Spaniards and even worse for the Frenchies.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:02 am

I think some of our fans aren't giving us enough credit for that win, yes Villa are bottom but prior to yesterday they were unbeaten at home in the league for 2 months, they drew with top 5 sides like Leicester and West Ham in that run too.
Villa were poor but we made them look worse than they were, as City and Chelsea found out if you catch Coutinho and Firmino on one of their good days then anything can happen and poor old Villa had Sturridge to contend with as well.
That was their worst home defeat in 85 years so I think our players deserve a bit more praise than they are currently getting from one or two of our supporters.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:29 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:02 am wrote:I think some of our fans aren't giving us enough credit for that win, yes Villa are bottom but prior to yesterday they were unbeaten at home in the league for 2 months, they drew with top 5 sides like Leicester and West Ham in that run too.
Villa were poor but we made them look worse than they were, as City and Chelsea found out if you catch Coutinho and Firmino on one of their good days then anything can happen and poor old Villa had Sturridge to contend with as well.
That was their worst home defeat in 85 years so I think our players deserve a bit more praise than they are currently getting from one or two of our supporters.

Can't argue with results right?  :grinning:
However i didn't find our performance that inspiring ,we were clinical enough to take advantage of Villa's horrible defending but i found our game to be pretty disinterested and lifeless at times when the likes of Hendo Can and Firmino really sloppy and slow.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:24 pm

Villa started the game like they had something to prove and they were tidy in possession ,but they simply couldn't handle the movement of our triumvirate
up front and the pressure told in the end ,heads dropped and they wilted under the constant pressing of Firmino ,who defends from the front with the same
zeal Rushie used to do. I'm with Yakka on this one ,it seems when ever we stop teams playing and get our tactics spot on like the Chelsea , City games and comfortably overrun the opposition its always apparently down to the other team being poor.

On another note I would love to know just how many tackles Firmino makes ,because in my opinion he commits himself to dispossessing our opponents more than any player at the club ,he was comfortably our  best player yesterday ,he gave everything ,tackles, sublime passes ,endless pressing ,brilliant close control, and most importantly heart !

Coutinho was brilliant ,and his passing was as inventive as we have come to expect ,but he was dispossessed more times than was comfortable and gave away the ball with under hit passes ,and unlike Firmino never strived to win the ball back when he lost it.

Villa have never been beaten by six goals at home ,and they have looked  a confident outfit on their own patch ,its away they have been woeful ,so a touch more credit for Liverpool absolutely annihilating them . I think with the  front players we have available now ,some of the best teams will struggle with the space their movement creates.

Last word for Moreno who always looks better when he's allowed to run the channels and raid the flanks .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:14 am

Loved the post match interview when the smart ***** interviewer thought he had dreamt up a cracking question for Klopp and then proceeds to ask Klopp if he's ever won 6-0 away from home before. He was obviously expecting Klopp to say never. ha ha Klopp is a master at interviews. Klopp pondered for a minute 'hmm maybe against Cologne, yes, yes I have. Sorry' laughs and walks off. quality.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games