LIVERPOOL vs ARSENAL Sep 2nd 12:30 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Penguins » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Credit where credit is due.
Cazorla and Podolski were just better today.
Did like what I saw from Steerling and Shelvey today.
Last edited by Penguins on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:33 pm

It's clear that there are 2 major problems -

1) keep getting hit on counter attacks - hopefully we can solve this.
2) Lack of attacking options - we've got to do with what we have. Sterling is excellent, but Suarez Borini and Downing have the quality to consistently deliver quality. I really believe we have to start Gerrard on the right in the front 3, get a midfield of Shelvey Allen and Sahin, Henderson going and get and hope Borini can come through playing centrally.

We really ***** ourselves up by dishing out Adam and Carroll on the last day. They may not be excellent but at least we need numbers.
kartiek

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:34 pm

shocking peformance, clueless in every department. This season is practically over and its barely started, how the hell do we make it January with this shabby bunch i dont know, The bench today was laughable  :kungfu:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:36 pm

romliv » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:24 pm wrote:headache  :angry: 
gerrard deserves better than this team

Seriously he's half the f.ucking problem, him too Hollywood. And Suarez too greedy to understand the system!

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:38 pm

I disagree that it was a shocking performance, it wasn't shocking, we actually looked like we had improved in many areas, but unfortunately our strikers don't seem like they can score goals and our players keep making mistakes. Reina has made two mistakes in consecutive matches and Gerrard has made two costly errors in the space of three league games. Our lack of depth does concern me and I believe we'll be punished for it. We have virtually no attacking options on the bench, you can blame Rodgers for selling Maxi, Aquilani, Kuyt and Bellamy, but I blame FSG for not allowing Rodgers to replace them.
Boxscarf

Postby andy_g » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:38 pm

bitch, bitch , whinge, whinge, moan, moan, bitch, bitch , whinge, whinge, moan, moan, bitch, bitch , whinge, whinge, moan, moan, bitch, bitch , whinge, whinge, moan, moan, bitch, bitch , whinge, whinge, moan, moan, bitch, bitch , whinge, whinge, moan, moan, bitch, bitch , whinge, whinge, moan, moan, bitch, bitch , whinge, whinge, moan, moan,

gerrard out! reina out! suarez out! rodgers out! borini out!

carroll in! he's the only thing that could have saved our season.

we're getting relegated! on my god!

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:38 pm

God that was bad, very bad.

Arsenal are not great shakes to me and will be hammered by the top 3
sides but we never laid a glove on them.

We looked low on confidence from the start after a terrible week for
club on and off the field, going to be a long, long winter for us Im afraid.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Diaby and Arteta dominated the midfield. Their keeper was shaky as f*ck but we didnt even test him. Sterling was positive but we cant depend on a 17 year old kid for much this season.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Systems and philosophies what a load of bollox. West ham were 3-0 by half time. How? il tell you hoofing the ball up to carroll him nodding down Goal. Borini will not work in this system. I said before will the manager change the system when we go behind. Your not telling me if we went back to 4-4-2 second half with carroll on with borini or suarez we would not of done better absolute joke not having a plan B
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:42 pm

parchpea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:38 pm wrote:
We looked low on confidence from the start after a terrible week for
club on and off the field, going to be a long, long winter for us Im afraid.

I thought we started brightly and continued that way until Gerrard made that horrendous pass and Podolski scored down the other end. Then our heads dropped like it did for much of last season when we went behind and it was always an uphill battle from then on in.

I am encouraged by our style of play and with better investment and better players Rodgers's tactics and formations can see us become a force to be reckoned with, but unfortunately FSG seem to enjoy pointing out the failings of the manager when it is they who are the biggest obstacle to us progressing than any manager. It will be a tough season and things might get worse before they get better, but I'm expecting a 180 page dossier from FSG on their performance at the end of the season and if they have failed to do their duty then I hope they do the right thing and sell the club to someone who will care for it, invest in it and watch it grow into a force. Of course we all know that won't happen...
Last edited by Boxscarf on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boxscarf

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Well, conceding 2.3 goals a game on average isn't going to get you many points, especially if you are as toothless as we showed today.

We now look much more susceptible to conceding goals while looking even worse on the goals for count. I don't blame Rodgers at all. I expect it will be a turbulent season (again) with another new manager in but the fact remains his players have let him down again because there was absolutely no f.ucking spirit, determination or control from the players today; these are the fundamentals.

I can't blame Reina for Arsenal's first goal because Podolski's finish was simply world class. However, for the second goal (even though the sheer power beat him), Reina is fast showing he's becoming a credible liability. Another senior player, Gerrard, I can honestly say that I think that is the worst performance in a Red shirt ever by our captain, it was truly awful. Suarez frustrated, 'trickster, turner and ball waster' springs to mind.

Joe Allen was superb (again) and the 17 year old Sterling showed Gerrard & co what spirit, determination and control looks like. He should be looking up to them, not the other way round. Those two can really only walk away with their heads held high.

Rodgers, I feel sorry for you, these lads let you down like they did Kenny last season.

BTW, from the very first minute the ball was kicked today the Anfield faithful were s.hit as well, they mirrored their sides performance.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:43 pm

2 slack pieces of play for their goals undo us. Yeah, we didn't do well in the last third ourselves but didn't think they were anything special either. Stevie looks a yard of the pace this season and Johnson strolling back was wretched defending. Don't know how Reina let the 2nd in, just shocking. Gutted. Only one who comes out with any real credit is Sterling and Allen wasn't too bad either. Suarez, Gerrard and Borini was where our threat was meant to come from and to be honest all three were terrible. 2 mistakes which Rodgers can't legislate for. End of the day the players to  stand up and take responsibility, its them on the pitch not Rodgers
Doeboy

Postby sniffy98 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:46 pm

They had their third choice gk yet we failed to capitalise. I was impressed with Shelvey when he came on. Sorry to go on about it but if Carroll was here, we'd have had options to change things around especially against a team that is ropey in the air.

To be fair Diaby was excellent for them and Cazorla/Arteta dominated mf. We needed more power in there.
sniffy98

Postby akumaface » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:46 pm

We are in to a long season. We are so easy to defend against as we have no option up front. Downing's confidence has been totally lost. Enrique playing like a circus clown. We have no width except Sterling. Borini looks like another bust. I'm really wondering if 4 3 3 would be a good system. I never could imagine playing only one system for the sake of playing would win us anything. Why not play our usual 442 and then gradually play 433? WHy jeopardise all the points instead of break in the new system gradually. It is hard enough to have so many new players. BR need to adapt more quickly as he should have some good read of the players by now. Pepe had been poor lately but some may disagree. I thought the second goal was not an easy save. It was hard, low, shot close and heading to the far post away from him. His form has been poor but can't blame him for the 2 goals today. Just poor defending from us, first goal was caused by the turnover from Gerrard but Glen JOhnson had plenty of time to get back but didn't make the effort until it was too late. FOr the second goal, Shelvey let Cazola got away as he stopped following him and looked away. Anyway, I don't like losing but I do not mind as much if we made the effort. But one poor sign is that we dropped our head and never trying to fight back after we are down. This just shows our team is mentally weak. Honestely, some players seems just don't give a f_ck.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Doeboy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:43 pm wrote:2 slack pieces of play for their goals undo us. Yeah, we didn't do well in the last third ourselves but didn't think they were anything special either. Stevie looks a yard of the pace this season and Johnson strolling back was wretched defending. Don't know how Reina let the 2nd in, just shocking. Gutted. Only one who comes out with any real credit is Sterling and Allen wasn't too bad either. Suarez, Gerrard and Borini was where our threat was meant to come from and to be honest all three were terrible. 2 mistakes which Rodgers can't legislate for. End of the day the players to  stand up and take responsibility, its them on the pitch not Rodgers

So not rodgers fault? What did we severley lack last season goals. So what does he do buy midfielders and sent out our main striker on loan makes great sense that does.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games