Liverpool V Arsenal 30/10 KO @19.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Penguins » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:20 pm

Just a game that reaffirmed my world view.

1. Origi is the perfect supersub and a striker. He can't play 90 min our system and if he plays he can only play as the front man as he sucks on the wings.
2. Brewster is way too much hype and no end product, like most at his age. He need to go out on loan like Wilson to show he can make it.
3. Elliot is very young and has a lot of confidence. Nowhere near the starting 11 and needs to be out on loan next season to develop his game.
4. Lallana is decent but overpaid and will leave on a free in the summer.
5. Keita has been and continues to be a disappointment. Way too sloppy with the ball, too poor defensivly and doesn't produce offensivly.
6. Ox has shown he can give you something different in games that our other midfielders can't. That makes him useful in certain games against weaker opposition. Should get more games.
7. Williams had a decent game but he will disappear in a few years to get gametime in the lower leagues...
8. Van den Berg is just so young and must to go out on loan to get match experience. and grow as a player. He won't get that for a few years here.
9. Milner didn't have his best game but you know what you get with him.
10. Gomez is just poor right now. Lacks confidence and acts very insecure on the field. Far from going back into the starting 11.
11. The 3rd string goalie had a decent game but will never amount to anything in a red shirt...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:24 pm

Action-Packed games, lots of mistakes by senior players!, excellent goals the outcome is a good victory.
I thought William the right-back was excellent after a nervous start, played some delightful positive football and assist in one goal, Jones was quite good too, as for Keita I have always thought he was expensive, however, some fans thought as a replacement to SG whereas Keita will never reach that level. Origi is really a mystery player!!!!, he was at fault with one of Arsenal goals, and scored three good goals including the spot-kick.

I would like to see Klopp gives the youngsters more chances and mix it up in premier games between experienced players and youngsters.

Good luck against Villa
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:25 pm

Away to Villa next round, City get an easy draw again, Colchester
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:32 pm

Agreed with everyone about Keita. Markovic is our biggest flop ever for me, and Keita looks more likely to take his place than a place in our starting 11.

Anyway, let's stay on the positives. I think we all take for granted the mentality that this team has under Klopp. Not just with our main guys but even the reserves believe that they can get back in a game no matter the circumstances, especially at Anfield. All of our players yesterday believed that the game is not over, and also the Arsenal players knew it that they'd be extremely lucky to win, even with a 2 goal advantage, which they had twice!

You may say what you want about Origi but he always turns up when it matters. Also, Curtis Jones, 18 years of age, looks really promising that lad.

Anyway, we got Aston Villa away up next. Not the best but could have been worse I guess. I bet City got Oxford or Colchester. Klopp said we might not play this if the dates don't change though, because of the World Cup. After yesterday's win, I really hope we don't just give it up.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:37 pm

Boocity » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:25 pm wrote:City get an easy draw again, Colchester

Surprise surprise. Can't believe they had the nerve to say that we are the lucky ones.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:13 pm

damjan193 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 am wrote:
Boocity » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:25 pm wrote:City get an easy draw again, Colchester

Surprise surprise. Can't believe they had the nerve to say that we are the lucky ones.

Sorry correction, city v Oxford, utd v Colchester. I reckon the EFL want a Manc derby final
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:49 pm

What an awesome game though! It's one game but Brewster didn't impress Jones definitely did. Better than Lallana on the night. Keita rubbish better than that maybe just bad Caraboa attitude that needs correction. Keeper Kelleher pretty good fair play, young boy but superior to Arsenals stopper who cost them the game. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:56 pm

Injuries haven't helped Keita, everytime he looks on the verge of fulfilling his promise he picks up another knock. Very frustrating.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:29 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:56 pm wrote:Injuries haven't helped Keita, everytime he looks on the verge of fulfilling his promise he picks up another knock. Very frustrating.

Someone said that Keita fakes his injuries everytime he's playing badly, and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games