ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL 30/1/13 19.45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:26 pm

the first of two tough games in the space of a week and this one we can win.
we need to be fired up for this and get the team and formation right from the start to give us a chance of controlling this and not ending up trying to chase a point.
id go for
                                               reina
         johnson                skyrtel          agger       enrique

lucas

downing                 gerrard           borini

suarez               sturridge

as far as im aware reina,johnson and enrique are available and if so should be played.
id be well chuffed with a 1.0 win.
come on the pool :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:30 pm

heres a link to the managers press conference

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matc ... -liverpool

the ref on the day is kevin friend
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:18 pm

i`d go with this line up-

reina

johnson                skrtel           agger               enrique

gerrard          lucas   

henderson

sturridge            suarez               downing
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Enrique has travelled but Suso has not.
Eagle

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:26 pm

biggest game of the season.

word from barrett that skrtel might be dropped after his performance against oldham.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:26 pm

stmichael » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:26 pm wrote:biggest game of the season.

word from barrett that skrtel might be dropped after his performance against oldham.

absolute disgrace if skrtel gets singled out and dropped because of that game.
we need to field the strongest team possible and imo that includes a back 4 of johnson,agger,skrtel and enrique.
maybe he picked up a knock and barrett is just speculating
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:40 pm

Carragher replaced Skrtel for the Norwich game and was rested against Oldham so I’m guessing he was pencilled in to start against Arsenal before Sunday’s debacle.
Eagle

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:00 pm

Eagle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:40 pm wrote:Carragher replaced Skrtel for the Norwich game and was rested against Oldham so I’m guessing he was pencilled in to start against Arsenal before Sunday’s debacle.

I don't believe that is the case at all, if Skrtel had played well he would have been a cert to start.

Carragher has barely played this season in the league - it makes no sense that Rodgers would choose to break that norm unless he had a reason - i.e. Skrtel having a mare.

Even with this status quo, I woudl be surprised if Carragher starts considering how quick the Arsenal side is.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedHands » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 am wrote:i`d go with this line up-

reina

gerrard          lucas   

henderson

This side hopefully. Can't wait for this game!!!! LEEEETSSS GOOOOOOO
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:18 pm wrote:i`d go with this line up-

reina

gerrard          lucas   

henderson

10 of that 11 are nailed on imo. as i said before the only question mark is skrtel or carragher.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:27 am

as SCS has pointed out it would be a huge call by rodgers if he decides to go with carragher instead of skrtel, especially when you consider arsenal have probably the quickest player in the division playing up top for them.
what ever call he makes i hope it turns out to be the right one because this game is massive, in effect it`s a 6 pointer because a win would see us move level with arsenal where as a loss would see us languishing 6 points behind them (certainly not an ideal situation with city next up).
our league form has been good of late though, at one point we were well tailed off and about 13 points behind everton but we`ve managed to reduce that gap to only 4 points, hopefully come 10 o clock tomorrow night we will be even closer than that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:16 am

After seeing Oldham my lineup would be:

reina

Johnson                Skrtel           Agger               Enrique

Henderson       Lucas   

Gerrard

Suarez               Sturridge               Downing

I'd play that until the end of the season unless a miracle happens on deadline day.

I would not start Boroni, Allen, Sterling, Robinson, Wisdom, Suso, Jones unless forced. Youngster are just that young & inexperienced. ***** the long term project for the next few crucial games. WE NEED POINTS NOW!

We do have a team capable of beating Arsenal, just need to show up.
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:46 am

i cant see arsenal going down the stoke and oldham route (i.e bombarding us with high balls and getting stuck into us) so this game tonight should suit us a bit more than a game against one of the more physical sides in the division.
saying that, arsenal played us off the park at anfield earlier on in the season but that game did come only a couple of days after a europa league tie against hearts and probably just as importantly two days after the transfer window debacle when everyone at the club was shellshocked that we`d left ourselves so short up front.
as well as arsenal played on the day i dont think we were in the right frame of mind going into that game and i include the fans in that, the atmosphere was extremely flat and everyone was down hearted and that was before a ball was even kicked.
we didnt quite know what our best team was back then either, in that game at anfield the likes of borini and sahin were in the starting XI.
i think our current best team (reina, johnson, skrtel, agger, enrique, gerrard, lucas, hendo, sturridge, suarez and downing) is a match for anyone atm and i actually think we`ll win tonight.
we are due a bit of luck in one of these big games and we usually bounce back from a poor result with a decent performance so i`ve got a feeling that we`ll beat them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:59 pm

i agree with you. it says more when i'm more confident about playing arsenal away than oldham away considering our inability to cope with anything physical upfront. arsenal don't play that way. infact they're the polar opposite. if we can defend well i think we've got a great chance as we've got the ideal players to play on the counter attack now, not to mention sterling who can come off the bench to run at them in the last 15-20 minutes.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:15 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:00 pm wrote:
Eagle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:40 pm wrote:Carragher replaced Skrtel for the Norwich game and was rested against Oldham so I’m guessing he was pencilled in to start against Arsenal before Sunday’s debacle.

I don't believe that is the case at all, if Skrtel had played well he would have been a cert to start.

Carragher has barely played this season in the league - it makes no sense that Rodgers would choose to break that norm unless he had a reason - i.e. Skrtel having a mare.

Even with this status quo, I woudl be surprised if Carragher starts considering how quick the Arsenal side is.

Skrtel had a very poor game against Man Utd and in the next match against Norwich Carragher took his place with Rodgers saying we needed more leadership on the pitch. If Carragher wasn’t going to play against Arsenal I think he would have started against Oldham. I don’t necessarily agree with it but if Carragher does start ahead of Skrtel tonight I would guess that there is more to it than simply Skrtel’s performance against Oldham. But who knows, it’s just as likely that Agger and Skrtel line up alongside each other tonight.
Eagle

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games