LIVERPOOL vs ARSENAL Sep 2nd 12:30 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:55 pm

redalltheway36 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:52 pm wrote:So not rodgers fault? What did we severley lack last season goals. So what does he do buy midfielders and sent out our main striker on loan makes great sense that does.

Rodgers must bare some responsibility, for sure. I doubt anyone has suggested otherwise. We needed midfielders, we needed a defender or two and we needed a striker or two and that was down to FSG to supply us with those investments and they haven't done so. They are not here to develop this club, they are here to take from it, so when you have Owners with that mind-set it affects the lower tiers, the most important tiers, the manager, the players and the supporters.
Boxscarf

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:20 pm

redalltheway36 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:52 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:43 pm wrote:2 slack pieces of play for their goals undo us. Yeah, we didn't do well in the last third ourselves but didn't think they were anything special either. Stevie looks a yard of the pace this season and Johnson strolling back was wretched defending. Don't know how Reina let the 2nd in, just shocking. Gutted. Only one who comes out with any real credit is Sterling and Allen wasn't too bad either. Suarez, Gerrard and Borini was where our threat was meant to come from and to be honest all three were terrible. 2 mistakes which Rodgers can't legislate for. End of the day the players to  stand up and take responsibility, its them on the pitch not Rodgers

So not rodgers fault? What did we severley lack last season goals. So what does he do buy midfielders and sent out our main striker on loan makes great sense that does.

Do you actually think he would have let Carroll in if he wasn't pretty certain he would have got someone in to replace him? Fact is, our transfer dealings at the end went tits up due to financials and this resulted in no noe being brought in
Doeboy

Postby only me » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:27 pm

Do you think Suarez is letting the burden of scoring goals get the better of him? He is so wastefull as of late ,making terrible decisions on the pitch, running into defenders and missing clear chances to score...I think being our top scorer is turning to be a bit too much for him. On international duties he just can't miss while wearing the red shirt it's just a horror show see him play.

We are turning to quite a W*nk fest with all the meaningless passing ,with no purpose of scoring...Today i though our FB's were terrible (enrique looking poorer by the minute while Johnson another donkey'sh performace) ,Sahin enjoyed the day in the sun with a frightend display ,Gerrard again looks weak ,Reina not the rock he used to be ,Borini oh well ,Just Allen ,Sterling and Jonjo looked up to the task today.

Rodgers looked at the bench searching for the striker he forget to buy....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:27 pm

That was agonising to watch. All this tippy tappy stuff is no good if it doesn't yield an end product and if we aren't capable of handling counter-attacks. It's been the undoing of the system so far: A lack of cutting edge and penetration in the final third combined with an inability to deal with the quick counter-attack. On the first point, I think today underlined that the decision to get rid of Carroll without signing a replacement was ludicrous. When the system isn't delivering we have to have some alternative approach and while I am by no means suggesting that he would have solved all of our problems, in Carroll we had a guy who could pose defenders a significant threat in the air and with his physicality was capable of unsettling defenders to help create openings for others. I think that could have been a real asset against an Arsenal defence that today consistently managed to stifle and snuffed out our attacks. Positives? Two more good performance by Allen and Sterling, and Shelvey when he came on, is about all I would go for. Overall, though, really disappointing.
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:29 pm

I don't think Suarez should ever have to burden getting all the goals. He need an out and out striker with him. Borini is ok but more of a worker than a scorer. Big mistake from FSG not letting Rogers getting someone in. Season defining IMO.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Doeboy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:20 pm wrote:
redalltheway36 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:52 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:43 pm wrote:2 slack pieces of play for their goals undo us. Yeah, we didn't do well in the last third ourselves but didn't think they were anything special either. Stevie looks a yard of the pace this season and Johnson strolling back was wretched defending. Don't know how Reina let the 2nd in, just shocking. Gutted. Only one who comes out with any real credit is Sterling and Allen wasn't too bad either. Suarez, Gerrard and Borini was where our threat was meant to come from and to be honest all three were terrible. 2 mistakes which Rodgers can't legislate for. End of the day the players to  stand up and take responsibility, its them on the pitch not Rodgers

So not rodgers fault? What did we severley lack last season goals. So what does he do buy midfielders and sent out our main striker on loan makes great sense that does.

Do you actually think he would have let Carroll in if he wasn't pretty certain he would have got someone in to replace him? Fact is, our transfer dealings at the end went tits up due to financials and this resulted in no noe being brought in

Carrol release should have been tied to the arrival of a replacement ,their was no room to be "certain" of an upcoming deal...it's that simple. I wish someone in the club would comment on this farce as someone needs to be axe'd.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:41 pm

I think some of the comments on the last few pages are disgraceful, at times like this we need to get behind the team and not slagging people off, give players a chance to bed in, poor defending cost us both goals and the poor final pass let us down up front, these things can be rectified. Coming out with cr@p about Carroll and Rafa being our saviours and relegation form is balls, if you don't want to support the team, shut the f'ck up and f'ck off. :no
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:49 pm

tubby » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:29 pm wrote:I don't think Suarez should ever have to burden getting all the goals. He need an out and out striker with him. Borini is ok but more of a worker than a scorer. Big mistake from FSG not letting Rogers getting someone in. Season defining IMO.

mate where are you getting this info about FSG not letting Rodgers get somebody.
as far as i know they gave him the money to buy, he found a few players he liked but they turned thire back on him without tell him.
one offer was turned down and another offer was put in too late.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:53 pm

tubby » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:29 pm wrote:I don't think Suarez should ever have to burden getting all the goals. He need an out and out striker with him. Borini is ok but more of a worker than a scorer. Big mistake from FSG not letting Rogers getting someone in. Season defining IMO.

Suarez was brought into the club to partner Fernando Torres. Torres left and we wasted £35m on Carroll. If FSG were prepared to allow Comolli to make such a large scale investment they should have at least backed Rodgers to bring in another striker. They've really made life difficult for the manager and the supporters.
Boxscarf

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:53 pm

I doubt that Lakes. If they had given him enough we wouldn't have lost out to Dempsey for a measly 1/2 Mil.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:56 pm

lakes10 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:49 pm wrote:
mate where are you getting this info about FSG not letting Rodgers get somebody.
as far as i know they gave him the money to buy, he found a few players he liked but they turned thire back on him without tell him.
one offer was turned down and another offer was put in too late.

We shouldn't have had to offer a player exchange or a part-cash, part-player offer to sign someone who cost Spurs £7m. It's embarrassing to be honest.
Boxscarf

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Firstly the positives Joe Allen ,Sterling and Shelvey ....The negatives would simply leave little room in this entire thread ,but lets start with Gerrard
his hurried and frankly wayward passing leaves us open to far too many counter attacks . I wont hold my breath ,but until Rodgers realises the style
he wishes to evolve will only stutter and stall with Gerrard in midfield then we wont move forward .

Luis Suarez the wing awaits ,he certainly makes painful work of playing through the middle ,and Borini was bought with the intention of scoring goals
from his best position that being striker , wasn't he  ??? The most worrying aspect of today was the deathly silence that came from the Kop ,I honestly
hand on heart have never heard it so bereft of passion .

I cant believe how naive we looked in our approach play ,Sterling was our only real outlet and Suarez looked devoid of any inspiration . I think major
changes need to be made by Rodgers to instil some sort of belief in our play,and its looking increasingly likely that Lucas again will be the biggest
miss in our midfield .

Its early days yet, and Rodgers has serious graft ahead of him ,but its not enough just to see the faint shoots of hope in our youngsters ,its time
to put complete faith in them ,and stand or fall by Rodgers football philosophies . The fans will forgive many indiscretions ,but the owners have
made Rodgers job a thankless one .

YNWA
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:59 pm

If Dempsey was so desperate to join us he could have refused Spurs like he did Villa, I am not particularly bothered that we didn't get him
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:59 pm

Mystifies me why the commentators on Setanta keep harping on about Liverpool having outplayed Arsenal.

In the critical phases of the game and areas of the field, Arsenal has been miles ahead.

The approach play by LFC may have been good, but the play in the final third neither validates the build up nor the philosophy. Instead the team is far too dependent on the front trio, esp suarez 2 prevail in 1v1 situations, rather than on movement and passing

It will take time, but the framework is there allright...If Swansea could make it work with the players they have, surely LFC's squad should be good enough

For me the key things lacking atm is the movement and the patience to allow options to develop.

Biggest culprit in the patience dept is Gerrard whos' directly responsible for two goals conceded so far, and Shevely

Wonder why Assaidi didn't come on...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:00 pm

I just wonder how long it will be until the Kop and regular match goers start getting on FSG's back?
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games