ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL 30/1/13 19.45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Mikz » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:06 pm

I wasnt that impressed either , I dont think arsenal are a good team , their defence is an absolute circus. But some of our play was better in the first half . Stevie G gave his heart and soul as usual .

Would love that Jack wilshire at anfield, absolute joy to watch and would be an ideal replacement for Stevie - without him arsenal struggle and we know how they feel  :;):
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:49 pm

Paid them too much respect really bit like we did against United away.

I understand they are dangerous going forward Arsenal but we had a chance to out score
them but sat back in numbers.

Nearly worked like but they played all the football and didnt deserve to lose in fairness.

On that evidence we are still a couple of players short of Arsenal and certainly in mentality
as we clearly went out there with an inferiority complex on the night.

Decent point but Suarez shouldnt be left back half the night against anyone and Liverpool
should fear no one.

Relentless attacking football I recall, well lets see it and soon.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:50 pm

even when we were 2-0 in front i never really felt comfortable because i thought we looked very shaky at the back, never mind arsenals defence ours wasnt great either, if it wasnt for some terrible finishing by walcott and giroud and some great goalkeeping by reina we could have easily conceded 4 or 5 last night.
i know wisdom is a young lad (and not playing in his natural position) but to me he always seems to be caught out of position, i dont know if he is being told by rodgers to tuck in and play narrow but the wingers on his side always seem to have acres of space.
i dont think this 4-3-3 is a great formation if you are trying to shut up shop and defend a lead either.
when rafa was in charge it felt like we could absorb pressure all day without conceding but i dont get that same feeling now.
the defence needs looking at.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:58 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:50 pm wrote:even when we were 2-0 in front i never really felt comfortable because i thought we looked very shaky at the back, never mind arsenals defence ours wasnt great either, if it wasnt for some terrible finishing by walcott and giroud and some great goalkeeping by reina we could have easily conceded 4 or 5 last night.
i know wisdom is a young lad (and not playing in his natural position) but to me he always seems to be caught out of position, i dont know if he is being told by rodgers to tuck in and play narrow but the wingers on his side always seem to have acres of space.
i dont think this 4-3-3 is a great formation if you are trying to shut up shop and defend a lead either.
when rafa was in charge it felt like we could absorb pressure all day without conceding but i dont get that same feeling now.
the defence needs looking at.

Agreed. With Rafa's team you had confidence that the team could soak up pressure and hold out.

With Rodgers team, we also have more flair/light players who perhaps don't have the graft about them like the Kuyt's of this world. It didn't 'feel' right watching this team soak up copious amounts of pressure - it was  inevitable they'd scored against us.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:01 am

I agree with St Mick the first half especially had the feel of a European night ,and we looked comfortable and assured on the ball ,while Arsenal looked hurried
and completely out of ideas . However, I'm totally perplexed at how we decided to sit back and let them press us into our own half ,everyone was swift enough
praising Gerrard with his short stint against Oldham ,but surely he should have been subbed when it was clear the energy of  Ramsey and Wilshere was clearly
becoming too much for a flagging Gerrard .

Arsenal were there for the taking, and instead of pushing for a third we forgot how to keep the same ball we had retained so successfully for the best part of
an hour ,if these course of events weren't so familiar to us we would probably feel unlucky ,but its like a recurring nightmare .

If we can transfer what we did in the first 60 mins to include another 30 mins plus then we will be some team ,I thought Carragher was superb at the Emirates
as was Henderson and the move of the match I have made into my signature because it was simply sublime ,Luis Suarez is a bona fide footballing genius .

YNWA

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:43 pm

but surely he should have been subbed when it was clear the energy of  Ramsey and Wilshere was clearly

Don't really know what you were seeing RBG. Gerrard was all over the place and even towards the very end of the game he bolted in tandem with Luis up the other end to aid in an attack. He actually made Lucas look like a statue such was his energy, perhaps had he have had a more efficient and in-form DM next to him he wouldn't have had to do 70% of the running. Him and Henderson covered some ground.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Kenny Kan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:43 am wrote:
but surely he should have been subbed when it was clear the energy of  Ramsey and Wilshere was clearly

Don't really know what you were seeing RBG. Gerrard was all over the place and even towards the very end of the game he bolted in tandem with Luis up the other end to aid in an attack. He actually made Lucas look like a statue such was his energy, perhaps had he have had a more efficient and in-form DM next to him he wouldn't have had to do 70% of the running. Him and Henderson covered some ground.

I disagree mate ,I thought we conceded way too much ground in the closing half hour and it was largely due to our midfield dropping back . I just think it would
have give us more impetus and maybe a chance to get our collective foot on the ball ( wrestle back a modicum of control ) if  Shelvey had been introduced .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games