Arsenal Vs Liverpool 15/07 20:15

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:46 am

exactly like we used be when we were winning titles for fun! Get the title wrapped up and then f*ck it off for the last few games. Remember one season we won the league and then went on to lose 2 and draw 4 in our last 6 games. might've even been lose 4 draw 2... not sure now, but it was gash
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:08 pm

1983 was the year...20 points clear of watford and manu.....everyone knew we were going to win the league and i think the players and fans as well just took it for granted....we actually lost 5 and drew 2 ...still finished 11 points clear.....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:09 pm

We aren’t playing particularly well atm but it is important to keep everything in perspective, what Jurgen and this team have done over the last 2 and a half years is nothing short of miraculous, if Lady Luck was on our side in one or two critical moments we could easily be sitting here with back to back PL and CL doubles.
Because our consistency has been so incredible we were always going to be due a bit of a dip in form at some point and I’m just glad it’s come now when there’s literally nothing riding on it. Btw if anyone thinks Jurgen will allow complacency to set in you only have to look at his face on the sidelines yesterday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:09 pm

Come on lads, we won the league title and the boys had a dip in form, it happens almost always when the league is won and there's games to spare. I know we were chasing the record but these dropped points are nothing in comparison to what we achieved throughout the whole season (and the season before). As yakka said, we need to keep everything in perspective.

What's important now is to give the boys a bit of time off, have a bit of pre-season (there's time for that since we're not in the CL) and go again next season, hopefully with one or two new meaningful signins.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:47 pm

damjan193 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:09 pm wrote:Come on lads, we won the league title and the boys had a dip in form, it happens almost always when the league is won and there's games to spare. I know we were chasing the record but these dropped points are nothing in comparison to what we achieved throughout the whole season (and the season before). As yakka said, we need to keep everything in perspective.

What's important now is to give the boys a bit of time off, have a bit of pre-season (there's time for that since we're not in the CL) and go again next season, hopefully with one or two new meaningful signins.

Understand what you're saying Damjan, BUT, personally I was hoping that after winning the Premiership we would continue to perform as CHAMPIONS, stamp our authority and psychologically at least continue to scare the Sh*t out of all opposition for the upcoming season.

We will of course retain respect from other teams but think due to our drop off in form we may have lost some of the "fear factor" we previously held.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:21 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:47 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:09 pm wrote:Come on lads, we won the league title and the boys had a dip in form, it happens almost always when the league is won and there's games to spare. I know we were chasing the record but these dropped points are nothing in comparison to what we achieved throughout the whole season (and the season before). As yakka said, we need to keep everything in perspective.

Understand what you're saying Damjan, BUT, personally I was hoping that after winning the Premiership we would continue to perform as CHAMPIONS, stamp our authority and psychologically at least continue to scare the Sh*t out of all opposition for the upcoming season.

We will of course retain respect from other teams but think due to our drop off in form we may have lost some of the "fear factor" we previously held.

Woof yer just a greedy git  :laugh:  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:08 pm

devaney » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:21 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:47 pm wrote:

Woof yer just a greedy git  :laugh:  :laugh:

:D   :nod

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:31 pm

I think there is no doubt that if the title wasn’t already in the bag then the performance would have been a lot differently
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games