Liverpool vs Arsenal (LC SF, 1st leg) - 19:45, Thu 13 Jan

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Eagle » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:55 pm

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-fitness-update-alisson-trent-thiago-origi-and-elliott

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Trent Alexander-Arnold and Alisson Becker have made a return to full training.

The pair were recently sidelined after testing positive for COVID-19, but could now come into contention for Liverpool's Carabao Cup semi-final, first leg with Arsenal on Thursday.

However, Thiago Alcantara and Divock Origi will miss the Anfield tie as they remain ruled out through injury.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference on Wednesday, Klopp said: "Trent and Ali trained yesterday. Div and Thiago not. That’s it pretty much.

“Like always in these times, all players, apart from the injured ones or in Africa playing [the] Africa Cup of Nations, who test negative should be available.

“Harvey Elliott looks really promising, out on the pitch – didn't train with the team yet but I don’t think we are too far away from team training. What he's doing in the moment looks really good.

“Robbo got a little knock in the Shrewsbury game but is fine. I'm not sure if I forgot anybody but the rest are available.”

So apart from Thiago, Elliott, Origi, Salah, and Mane, looks like everyone else is available. Sure we'll put out a strong side but I don't think Klopp will sideline all the players who have helped us get this far. With 5 subs available there's plenty of opportunity to change things round in the 2nd half. Arsenal seem a bit stretched for players so I suspect their team will look similar to the one that got beat by Nottingham Forest on Sunday.

Kelleher

Williams          Gomez          Konate          Tsimikas

Ox          Fabinho          Milner

Minamino          Firmino          Jota

Subs: Alisson, Trent, van Dijk, Henderson, Jones, Keita, Gordon
Eagle

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:57 pm

Eagle » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:55 pm wrote:
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-fitness-update-alisson-trent-thiago-origi-and-elliott

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Trent Alexander-Arnold and Alisson Becker have made a return to full training.

The pair were recently sidelined after testing positive for COVID-19, but could now come into contention for Liverpool's Carabao Cup semi-final, first leg with Arsenal on Thursday.

However, Thiago Alcantara and Divock Origi will miss the Anfield tie as they remain ruled out through injury.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference on Wednesday, Klopp said: "Trent and Ali trained yesterday. Div and Thiago not. That’s it pretty much.

“Like always in these times, all players, apart from the injured ones or in Africa playing [the] Africa Cup of Nations, who test negative should be available.

“Harvey Elliott looks really promising, out on the pitch – didn't train with the team yet but I don’t think we are too far away from team training. What he's doing in the moment looks really good.

“Robbo got a little knock in the Shrewsbury game but is fine. I'm not sure if I forgot anybody but the rest are available.”

So apart from Thiago, Elliott, Origi, Salah, and Mane, looks like everyone else is available. Sure we'll put out a strong side but I don't think Klopp will sideline all the players who have helped us get this far. With 5 subs available there's plenty of opportunity to change things round in the 2nd half. Arsenal seem a bit stretched for players so I suspect their team will look similar to the one that got beat by Nottingham Forest on Sunday.

Kelleher

Williams          Gomez          Konate          Tsimikas

Ox          Fabinho          Milner

Minamino          Firmino          Jota

Subs: Alisson, Trent, van Dijk, Henderson, Jones, Keita, Gordon

I’d rather have Jones for Ox but swap him with Milner. Keita is away and I’d like to see Gordon again for Minamino, he looked more positive in the way he plays. Should be enough to win.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:47 pm

Beating City to the league title seems almost impossible now but we have a really good chance for this cup. I thought we weren't really convincing in the FA cup game but Arsenal were far worse considering they lost, so we might be slight favorites for this game.

Don't care what team we field as long as we win. All the players had time to rest during the postponed games so all of them should be ready for this one (apart from the injured and positive ones of course). Keita won't be making the bench though mate since he's in Africa.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:14 pm

Fecking Keita was MOTM in his game the other day. Played out of his skin apparently. Hopefully he comes back after having a good tournament and ready to carry that into our games.

The final for this is the end of February so it would be sweet to pick it up and it would boost confidences for the run in.
Don't mind what team we go with as long as we have the tools to win it on the bench if needs be.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:34 am

Yep forgot that Keita is away. Probably means Morton gets a spot on the bench. Klopp also confirmed that Alisson will start to help him regain rhythm after being out with covid and not playing in a while.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:04 am

Just hope we get a nice cushion going into second leg. This will be their Champions league equivalence so I expect a tough encounter.

Chelsea btw through to the final.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:16 am

red till i die!! » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:14 pm wrote:Fecking Keita was MOTM in his game the other day. Played out of his skin apparently. Hopefully he comes back after having a good tournament and ready to carry that into our games.

The final for this is the end of February so it would be sweet to pick it up and it would boost confidences for the run in.
Don't mind what team we go with as long as we have the tools to win it on the bench if needs be.

I think he a very good player, just a little finicky. He gets bounced off his game if he doesn’t like the food, the weather, struggles with the language etc. I think he is a good player when he feels comfortable and plays without fear.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:54 pm

A good performance from Keita is a bonus, not the norm.  I'm going to the game tonight so hopefully we'll be 38-0 up by half time.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:41 pm

Reg » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:54 pm wrote:A good performance from Keita is a bonus, not the norm.  I'm going to the game tonight so hopefully we'll be 38-0 up by half time.

Hope you enjoy it dude, you'll be our good luck charm or dare I say it our curse loool.

Common redmen, looking forward to this.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:48 pm

Our team

Alisson
Alexander-Arnold
Matip
Van Dijk
Robertson
Fabinho
Henderson
Milner
Jota
Minamino
Firmino

Probably the strongest team we could field. Arsenal on the other hand look pretty weak. We definitely should be winning this.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:51 pm

Strong side, lets smash them common redmen.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:07 pm

I know Arsenal are not in great shape, but how many times do we need to see a dysfunctional midfield with Henderson and Milner as the two 8s. Really would have preferred Jones or Ox instead of one of them. Saving grace is that their two attacking midfielders are out and Lokonga hasn't quite looked ready for this level yet.
Eagle

Postby Santa » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:10 pm

Red for Xhaka
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:36 pm

I think we'd have better chance 11v11, they will glady put all men at back and try to keep it 0-0. We really need to get the first goal at least.

I'd get Ox on for Milner.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:46 pm

The lads up front need to figure this out and start getting some meaningful shots on target.  We are totally dominant and they are down to 10 but we have nothing to show for it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games