ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL 30/1/13 19.45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 pm

Don't worry guys, we'll make it up against City :)
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Great performance tonight. Unlucky to not get 3 points. Team was set up well but in the end they had a bit of luck which meant they got 2 goals. If we had been a bit stronger for those goals it would have been 3 points
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Well at least it wasn't as bad for us as it was for Chelsea  :laugh:
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:20 pm

john craig » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:00 pm wrote:Who actually saw us bottle it?

What I saw was a brilliant spell by arsenal where they turned the game around with 2 goals.  That's what good teams can do, doesn't mean we bottled it, that's just a cliche.

I saw us fight to the end in that game, carra,  Stevie, Henderson and Suarez all worked their nuts off, the whole team did.

A draw was a fair result overall between two fairly equally matched sides. It just stings a bit having been two up but no point crying about it.

Sensible post and agree 100%
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:33 pm

certainly not the worst result but it feels like a loss after being 2-0 up with only half an hour to play.
to be fair to arsenal though they put us under a lot of pressure and we were lucky to only concede two, that giroud missed a sitter right at the end and i dont know how walcott missed that header when he ghosted in behind glenn johnson at the far post.
i`m not that keen on seeing suarez tracking back to the edge of our box either.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby mkingdom » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 am

Always a decent result away at Arsenal.

Positives

We have our two regular full backs fit again.

Carra was superb

Gerrard is back in form

Henderson is looking very good

Lots of spirit, determination and effort from all the team

Not so goods

Suarez isn't much use for us at left back. 

Lucas had another quiet game and gave away too many cheap free kicks

We should be able to decline the award of a corner, and ask for a throw in on the half way line instead.

At 0-2 we should win a game
mkingdom

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:55 am

mkingdom » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:10 pm wrote:Always a decent result away at Arsenal.

Positives

We have our two regular full backs fit again.

Carra was superb

Gerrard is back in form

Henderson is looking very good

Lots of spirit, determination and effort from all the team

Not so goods

Suarez isn't much use for us at left back. 

Lucas had another quiet game and gave away too many cheap free kicks

We should be able to decline the award of a corner, and ask for a throw in on the half way line instead.

At 0-2 we should win a game

Good post
Lucas will never learn not to tackle like that just outside the box to give away a dangerous free kick. Its too late for him to change
I would agree with the corner statement as we are disgustingly bad at converting corners into goals. The only thing is we are sh'it at throw ins as well and we give the ball back to the opposition as soon as we get one.
Its embarrassing
Thommo's perm

Postby laza » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:33 am

Like others im disappointed at not being able to hold a 2-0 lead but away point against Arsenal isnt the end of the world

I certainly would have taken that result before kick off
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:56 am

sorry but you got to be disappointed with throwing away a 2 goal lead like that. we got off to a brilliant start with the early goal and played one half with great determination but went they cranked it up we sat back and got punished. both sides had plenty of chances missed so the score could have been higher.i cant fault the performance or indeed single any one player out for letting us down but we cannot throw away leads like that.
we got complacent after hendo scored and thought it was in the bag and they capitalised, and when they got one back there only looked like one side winning it and it wasnt us so in the end a point was a fair result.
great performance and a good show of grit but we have to be stronger.
for us to keep touch with 4th, imo we had to get 4 points from them and city so i guess we have to go to maine rd and take the 3 now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:20 am

red till i die!! » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:56 am wrote:sorry but you got to be disappointed with throwing away a 2 goal lead like that. we got off to a brilliant start with the early goal and played one half with great determination but went they cranked it up we sat back and got punished. both sides had plenty of chances missed so the score could have been higher.i cant fault the performance or indeed single any one player out for letting us down but we cannot throw away leads like that.
we got complacent after hendo scored and thought it was in the bag and they capitalised, and when they got one back there only looked like one side winning it and it wasnt us so in the end a point was a fair result.
great performance and a good show of grit but we have to be stronger.
for us to keep touch with 4th, imo we had to get 4 points from them and city so i guess we have to go to maine rd and take the 3 now.

You won't see f*ck all if you go to Maine road
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:59 am

Gerrard MOTM for me, he was f.ucking immense and considering he's 32 he tended to make the pedestrian and foul happy Lucas look about 40.

Henderson was also brilliant and ran his socks off, well deserved goal too.

Agger was excellent IMO, never put a foot wrong and always seemed to be in the right place at the right time - Carra was also excellent.

I cannot believe that one of the best attacking players in the world has been shunted out wide like that and was made to play LB mostly. I thought this would happen when Sturridge was signed and even though Rodgers said that 'Sturridge will play where I say he'll play' or along those lines, he's played him as the central striker while the premierships best player has been shunted wide to accommodate Sturridge, who I thought was pretty average tonight and certainly is much more nonchalant in his pressing of defenders than Suarez. This decision will f.ucking grate me, until Rodgers stops accommodating his best mates and shifts Sturridge wide right, or Suarez right up behind him - this was IMO a poor tactical decision (again) by Rodgers not to utilize his best player.

On the game itself, well, you just know this team aren't confident in holding a lead and really it was no surprise to see a defensively s.hitty Arsenal side come back from 2 goals down. 2pts dropped. Citeh next.

Rodgers MOVE Sturridge and put Luis back where he has been all season terrorizing defenses, you've just tinkered and f.ucked with a winning formula
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RedHands » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:39 am

I thought Rodgers got the tactics right actually. We usually get punished on the counter attack so he decided to go with a 4-5-1 and sit back a bit more. Great move as well to start Carra and I think his leadership helped us a lot on the field. I don't think Rodgers intended Suarez to be playing so far back, but we were defending so much and Theo was such a threat that Suarez ended up having to track back a lot more than we wanted probably. That is why he subbed in Enrique for Sturridge so we could move Suarez back up front.

Arsenal's defense is so bad. I think we should have tried to pressure them a bit more.

First goal against us. It was a great free kick and when you have a team of small players you are going to concede on set pieces so I'm not going to place the blame on anyone for that except Lucas who just gives away way too many free kicks in dangerous areas.

Speaking of the midfield, I feel like that is still our achilles heel.

Second goal was a combination of poor marking and terrible goal keeping. It was at such a tight angle that Reina has got to save that.

That being said this was one of Reina's better games. Good saves against Giroud and Walcott.

I think a point is a good result.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:53 am

Im not to miffed about the result. At 2-0 up you should go on to win but like others have said the performance was great and away to Arsenal a draw isnt bad.

The thing I am most annoyed at is Alot of the teams around us dropped points most notably Tottenham at Norwich and if we had held onto our lead we would have been only 5 points behind them.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:18 pm

first hour i thought we were exceptional. infact it reminded me of a european display under rafa whereby we soaked up quite a bit of pressure and then hit on the counter. we could have scored five in the first half. sturridge missed two good chances, agger had a header, there was one off the line and henderson chipped onto the roof of the net. the killer was conceding so soon after going 2-0 up and letting them get the crowd behind them as a result. we looked like rabbits in headlights for about 10-15 minutes and couldn't keep the ball in the last half an hour in general.

all in all though i would probably taken a draw before the game. more positives than negatives for me. oh and arsenal are a bunch of diving tw@ts. podolski, wilshere and giroud with three of the worst you'll ever see.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby killerp » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Just watched the game I have to say I'm not as impressed as some of you. A display of bad defending on both sides, Arsenal was almost suicidal. The game was a hectic affair start to finish.

We came up against another big team & not done the business, even leading 2-0 we don't hold on.

Rogers will have to work miracles to beat a top side this season
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games