Liverpool V Watford - EPL - Sunday 8th May 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Fri May 06, 2016 11:46 am

Liverpool V Watford - EPL - Sunday 8th May 4pm

I have a feeling that this match day thread will be ignored by many and that is understandable as we are in the Europa League final, some members feel the league no longer matters, I don't feel that way, for me every match Liverpool plays matters, of course there is a sliding scale of importance for sure

I can see a massive selection change again for this match, but as JK says in his pre match press conference it is not acceptable for us to have 2 bad league performances in a row

In no particular formation order I would go with a team like this...

Ward
Flannagan
Caulker
Skrtel (yeh I know)
Randall
Allen
Milner
Brannagan
Ibe
Teixeira
Benteke

Ings on the bench if he passed fit and give him 20-30 minutes of the match, either along side Benteke or instead of
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:48 pm

play that team and we'll get humiliated and I mean by 5 or 6 goals. No where near good enough to beat Watford with that line up.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri May 06, 2016 12:49 pm

leeroy74 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:48 pm wrote:play that team and we'll get humiliated and I mean by 5 or 6 goals. No where near good enough to beat Watford with that line up.

It is a very poor team, agreed, who who you select ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri May 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Here is the pre match press conference

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun May 08, 2016 1:42 am

Lucas needs some game time.

Ward, flanno, skittle, kolo/lovren (half game each) Enrique (sense of humour)
Lucas, Allen (terrible combo I know), Ibe + someone,
Benteke Ojo

Make them work.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun May 08, 2016 7:29 am

I definitely don't want a repeat of our performance against Swansea which was desperate to say the least! If we win our last three league matches we still have a very good chance of finishing in 6th place which is a lot better than many of us would have expected a few months ago.

Team selection admittedly will be extremely difficult as several of the lads will understandably be knackered after their exploits on Thursday night  and certainly deserve more than a couple of days rest. We also have Chelsea to contend with in a few days time. Good luck Kloppo - this is not an easy one !!!

COYR
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 08, 2016 10:59 am

devaney » Sun May 08, 2016 6:29 am wrote:I definitely don't want a repeat of our performance against Swansea which was desperate to say the least! If we win our last three league matches we still have a very good chance of finishing in 6th place which is a lot better than many of us would have expected a few months ago.

Team selection admittedly will be extremely difficult as several of the lads will understandably be knackered after their exploits on Thursday night  and certainly deserve more than a couple of days rest. We also have Chelsea to contend with in a few days time. Good luck Kloppo - this is not an easy one !!!

COYR

I think you summed Jurgen's dilemma up pretty well in that last paragraph mate, yes we don't want to see a repeat of the Swansea performance but the players did put in a Herculean shift only a couple of days ago.
Within the next 10 days we have to play 4 games which averages out at a game every 2.5 days and when 2 of those games are high profile encounters against Chelsea and Seville changes are inevitable.
As far as I'm concerned I'd wrap our starting XI in cotton wool until the final, that game is absolutely massive, imagine the momentum we would carry into next season if we can win that trophy and secure CL football for next season.
There would be a lot of top players around Europe who would fancy joining this project if we could offer them CL football.
Liverpool FC + Jurgen Klopp + CL football would be an attractive proposition to a lot of players.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:12 pm

I agree with devaney there, and also I don't want to see a repeat from our first game against Watford this season either. These are a physical side and I would like to have as much muscle in there as possible. I'd also want us to rest a few however, so a combined team is what I'd go for. If possible, I'd want us to keep Can in midfield, he'd be very useful against these. Toure is one that needs to rest but I'd keep Lovren in defence, playing along with Lucas (Skrtel was horrible last time against these, he's as good as gone anyway). This is what I'd play:

Ward

Randall     Lovren     Lucas     Flanagan

Can

Milner                     Allen

Ojo                                                   Ibe

Benteke
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 08, 2016 1:01 pm

damjan193 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:12 am wrote:I agree with devaney there, and also I don't want to see a repeat from our first game against Watford this season either. These are a physical side and I would like to have as much muscle in there as possible. I'd also want us to rest a few however, so a combined team is what I'd go for. If possible, I'd want us to keep Can in midfield, he'd be very useful against these. Toure is one that needs to rest but I'd keep Lovren in defence, playing along with Lucas (Skrtel was horrible last time against these, he's as good as gone anyway). This is what I'd play:

Ward

Randall     Lovren     Lucas     Flanagan

Can

Milner                     Allen

Ojo                                                   Ibe

Benteke

I think I'd just throw Skrtel in there mate to give Milner and Can etc a rest.

Ward

Randall.                 Skrtel.                Lucas             Flanagan

Stewart.              Allen

Ojo.                     Texiera.                   Ibe

Benteke
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun May 08, 2016 1:05 pm

No Ward today fella's

Danny Ward set to miss rest of the season with knee injury

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... d-11301283
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun May 08, 2016 3:00 pm

Starting eleven for today's match...

Mignolet, Flanagan, Skrtel, Lucas, Moreno, Allen, Stewart, Ibe, Ojo, Coutinho, Benteke.

Subs...

Bogdan, Toure, Firmino, Sturridge, Brannagan, Randall, Chirivella.

Lucas to captain
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun May 08, 2016 3:01 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun May 08, 2016 4:23 pm

Pretty poor start generally really, Ojo's speed is amazing
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun May 08, 2016 4:30 pm

good block from Skrtel there, stopped a shot that looked like was going in