Liverpool v Rubin Kazan Thursday, 22 October, 20:05 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:14 am

I've noticed match threads are started very late on this forum.
It would be a good idea to start one atleast 5 days before ko.
Pre match build up and discussions should take place.

Anyhow JK first game at anfield, im sure fans and home turf will be electric.
I feel JK will take this competition more seriously than BR.
A must win game if we are to push on.

Line up will be interesting, Benteke or Firminho may feature if fit.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:43 am

Isn't Sturridge fit as well? He wasn't risked for the Spurs game because of a small knock. If it was anyone else and not Sturridge that sustained that injury I believe they would have been played.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what kind of an approach Klopp has towards this competition. Hope it's a bit more serious than Brendan's. Assuming Benteke and Frimino aren't risked for this one (though I hope to see Frimino given at least a few minutes), I'd like to see a mixed squad with a few key players in it.

Mignolet

Clyne    Toure      Sakho    Moreno

Allen
                                         Milner       Can

Lallana

Sturrige      Origi

Give Sturrige no more than 60-70 minutes because we'll need him for the weekend as well. Also take off Can and/or Milner at some point if possible. I'd rest Clyne too but there's no one to come in for him.

Anyway, I'd like us to start with two up front. We'll have to start getting used to a formation with two up front because we'll have to start playing with both Sturrige and Benteke at some point.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:23 pm

Kazan are a shiite team in a shiite form i expect nothing bt total annihilation.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:58 pm

I think Klopp will fancy this one as his first win.

He'll play a 1-0-9 formation with Sahko sat in defense on his jackjones. Then 9 forwards all running at 123mph for 90mins. We'll get 14 goals in front then he'll take off Sturridge and bring himself on to bag himself a hat trick. Final Score 17 - 0. Klopp becomes a hero/genius/god, gets knighted and receives the keys to the city.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Sorry folks I didn't notice this match thread when I started mine (I've deleted the one I started)
As for the game itself It will be interesting to see what Jurgen decides to do, we've got a tough game on Sunday against a Southampton side that recently battered Chelsea 3-1 at Stamford Bridge and our players certainly put a shift in against Spurs.
Imo it would be a bit much to expect them to run their @rses off 3 times within the space of just 8 days (especially when they aren't used to it) and if it was up to me I'd rotate and keep the team as fresh as possible for the league games.
Something else I would do though is get everyone back from loan, the likes of Ilorri, Markovic, Wisdom, Ojo, Kent.......everyone. We need them all back here, with League cup, F.A Cup and Europa league games they will be getting plenty of game time here from now on, besides the likes of Wisdom and Ilorri aren't even getting a game anyway, surely they would be better off back here being coached by Klopp than the likes of Sherwood and Alex Neil.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:13 pm

4-2-3-1

Mig
Clyne
Skrtel
Sakho
Moreno
Lucas
Allen
Lallana
Texeira
ibe
Origi

Give Sturridge 20 mins at the end

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:56 pm wrote:Sorry folks I didn't notice this match thread when I started mine (I've deleted the one I started)
As for the game itself It will be interesting to see what Jurgen decides to do, we've got a tough game on Sunday against a Southampton side that recently battered Chelsea 3-1 at Stamford Bridge and our players certainly put a shift in against Spurs.
Imo it would be a bit much to expect them to run their @rses off 3 times within the space of just 8 days (especially when they aren't used to it) and if it was up to me I'd rotate and keep the team as fresh as possible for the league games.
Something else I would do though is get everyone back from loan, the likes of Ilorri, Markovic, Wisdom, Ojo, Kent.......everyone. We need them all back here, with League cup, F.A Cup and Europa league games they will be getting plenty of game time here from now on, besides the likes of Wisdom and Ilorri aren't even getting a game anyway, surely they would be better off back here being coached by Klopp than the likes of Sherwood and Alex Neil.

:nod
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:17 pm

Cant wait for this game ,its going to be a special night ,Klopps  first home game and  his first experience of the noise generated on European nights at Anfield with a man the Kop believe in ....I think Kazan will be completely blown away !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:34 pm

Been a while since we have given a good 4-0 thrashing.
Lets hope we do vs these lot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:20 am

I'd like to see the following line up.

Migs

Clyne Lovren Sakho Moreno

Can Allen

Milner    Lallana   Ibe

Origi

That lot should be able to nick a goal against them, also leaving our stars to rest for Southampton.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:25 pm

I'd rest as many players as we can for Sunday.
We are only 6 points off second place after 9 games which is very good going considering over half of those 9 games have been away at Arsenal, United, Everton, Spurs and Stoke.
6 points is nothing these days (especially in mid October), a couple of wins and your right back on the leaders tails again and if we could somehow string a few results together over the next month or so then literally anything can happen.
No one looks convincing this year, every team seems to have their troubles and I think there's definately an opportunity there for us to get into the top 4 (or maybe even better!).
For all our woes we are actually in a good position and I hope Jurgen recognises this and prioritises the prem. You don't get many seasons where everyone looks shaky and a bit out of sorts, we need to make hay while the sun shines!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:37 pm

you mean Brendan got sacked with the club in a 'good position'? you couldn't make it up. I thought we were in a dire state? gone to ruins! doomed!

turns out we wasn't after all.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:25 pm wrote:I'd rest as many players as we can for Sunday.
We are only 6 points off second place after 9 games which is very good going considering over half of those 9 games have been away at Arsenal, United, Everton, Spurs and Stoke.
6 points is nothing these days (especially in mid October), a couple of wins and your right back on the leaders tails again and if we could somehow string a few results together over the next month or so then literally anything can happen.
No one looks convincing this year, every team seems to have their troubles and I think there's definately an opportunity there for us to get into the top 4 (or maybe even better!).
For all our woes we are actually in a good position and I hope Jurgen recognises this and prioritises the prem. You don't get many seasons where everyone looks shaky and a bit out of sorts, we need to make hay while the sun shines!

I feel City, United and Arsenal will drift away from the rest of the lot gradually.
4th will be contested by Chelsea and others who compete.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:57 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:17 pm wrote:Cant wait for this game ,its going to be a special night ,Klopps  first home game and  his first experience of the noise generated on European nights at Anfield with a man the Kop believe in ....I think Kazan will be completely blown away !

Wish I had tickets for this one, expect Anfield to be rocking   :buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock

3-0 for the Reds   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:00 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:57 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:17 pm wrote:Cant wait for this game ,its going to be a special night ,Klopps  first home game and  his first experience of the noise generated on European nights at Anfield with a man the Kop believe in ....I think Kazan will be completely blown away !

Wish I had tickets for this one, expect Anfield to be rocking   :buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock

3-0 for the Reds   :buttrock

How many do you need ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games