NAPOLI VS LIVERPOOL - thursday 21st october 18.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Better , but still :censored: though . Napoli were cack and there for the taking . Babel was complete and utter gash tonight . Aurelio p1sses all over konchesky . Shelvey did well and so did spearing and i thought Poulson did well too . Jovanovic useless first half and abit better second half . Ngog was Ngog , tried but he's no nando. Cole was lively when he came on and tried creating which is a nice bonus nowaday's . Skrtle was boss all game and commanded when carra went off , carra was sh1t again by the way . Two year deal my ringpiece . Kelly was steady and looked to get forward , got skinned acouple of times so he needs to sort that out and his first touch aswell . The greek was pretty solid as usual and reina didn't have much to do . Good away point all things considered.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:15 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Better , but still :censored: though . Napoli were cack and there for the taking . Babel was complete and utter gash tonight . Aurelio p1sses all over konchesky . Shelvey did well and so did spearing and i thought Poulson did well too . Jovanovic useless first half and abit better second half . Ngog was Ngog , tried but he's no nando. Cole was lively when he came on and tried creating which is a nice bonus nowaday's . Skrtle was boss all game and commanded when carra went off , carra was sh1t again by the way . Two year deal my ringpiece . Kelly was steady and looked to get forward , got skinned acouple of times so he needs to sort that out and his first touch aswell . The greek was pretty solid as usual and reina didn't have much to do . Good away point all things considered.

again we had a second string side, many on here predicted 4 :censored: nil to napoli. The young lads did ok today, credit is were credit is due
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:57 pm

metalhead wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Better , but still :censored: though . Napoli were cack and there for the taking . Babel was complete and utter gash tonight . Aurelio p1sses all over konchesky . Shelvey did well and so did spearing and i thought Poulson did well too . Jovanovic useless first half and abit better second half . Ngog was Ngog , tried but he's no nando. Cole was lively when he came on and tried creating which is a nice bonus nowaday's . Skrtle was boss all game and commanded when carra went off , carra was sh1t again by the way . Two year deal my ringpiece . Kelly was steady and looked to get forward , got skinned acouple of times so he needs to sort that out and his first touch aswell . The greek was pretty solid as usual and reina didn't have much to do . Good away point all things considered.

again we had a second string side, many on here predicted 4 :censored: nil to napoli. The young lads did ok today, credit is were credit is due

Napoli were awful considering they were the home team , absolutly poo . I've given the credit were it's due in my original post MH .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:03 pm

we did well there tonight considering the inexperienced team that played,impressed with shelvey,kelly,spearing and good to see aurelio return as he is much better than konchesky.expected more from babel,ngog and jovanovich as they should have led the way for the younger lads.poulsen had a decent game also.
i was surprised at the result and i hold my hand up as i thought we would be well beaten.credit to the lads they did a good job and prob could have won it in the end if we had of been more clinical in front of goal.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:05 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Napoli were awful considering they were the home team , absolutly poo . I've given the credit were it's due in my original post MH .

I know buddy, I'm just p!ssed off that so many on here wrote us off because we played a second string side.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:38 pm

metalhead wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:

I know buddy, I'm just p!ssed off that so many on here wrote us off because we played a second string side.

Did Napoli not have ANY decent players in their side ? I didn't think they were as bad as some seem to be making out here....mind you, i'm not up to speed on Italian football these days....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby metalhead » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:45 pm

couple of good players they had, Marek Hamsik one of them. that Lavezzi fella is rubbish, thank fook we didn't get him
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 pm

I only saw the first half today, but I surprised because we played pretty well.  Shelvey for me deserves to at least get on the bench vs blackburn.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby tonyeh » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:02 am

Ok game. Boring in many places though.

For the B team, I think we actually did well enough and napoli can be tough sorts too.

Agree with Nan and others here. Time for Kelly to be given a regular spot in Def and I'll add move Johnson onto the wing for a bit and use his speed for attacking down the flank. It's a no-brainer as far as I am concerned.

Babel and Eggnog though as our attack? Just not good enough. We also need to retain the ball much more. Gave it away FAR too easily so many times tonight.
tonyeh

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:52 am

Two poor sides out there and Napoli have missed a trick not winning the game. Maybe they just really are a very ordinary outift or they just paid us too much respect on the night. I had been hopeful about Kelly but he didnt have the best game for me, not sure hes all that to be honest. Spearings just a half decent lad that keeps the ball moving but never a Premiership player in a million years. Pity those that travelled out there to be first ambushed by ultras then having to sit through that spectacle, one shot in 90 odd mins, fluffed by the hapless Babel.We could go, Ngog, Jesus wept but you just get tired of complaining. Whole thing put me off me tea, absolute rubbish it was.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:37 am

Wasn't surprised to see our 2nd string lads do alright out there. We've looked pretty solid in this competition since it started. Unfortunately it doesn't really matter all that much when you put it in the context of our league form. All that matters is the game on Sunday.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:39 am

A decent performance against a side that admittedly gave us room to play, I was disappointed that we were unable to go on win it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:56 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Tophatman wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Shelvy and Kelly best two players in a Liverpool shirt , should be in the Frame both of them for Sunday, Kelly Right back and Shelvy coming into the game somewhere over the ninty minutes , got a nice passing range and another option pushing forward

To be fair Nan, the young lads played well tonight, they certainly warrant another chance.

Thats what i said ,they both had good games , those two youngsters sttod out in Liverpool shirts for me, and they deserve there chance, On Johnsons current form id have Kelly in before him ,without a doubt, much better defender

Nanny what about Kelly in defence and move Johnson into the midfield. I seriously believe that could work.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:26 am

devaney wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Tophatman wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Shelvy and Kelly best two players in a Liverpool shirt , should be in the Frame both of them for Sunday, Kelly Right back and Shelvy coming into the game somewhere over the ninty minutes , got a nice passing range and another option pushing forward

To be fair Nan, the young lads played well tonight, they certainly warrant another chance.

Thats what i said ,they both had good games , those two youngsters sttod out in Liverpool shirts for me, and they deserve there chance, On Johnsons current form id have Kelly in before him ,without a doubt, much better defender

Nanny what about Kelly in defence and move Johnson into the midfield. I seriously believe that could work.

It's a good shout and deffo worth a try
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:28 am

devaney wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Tophatman wrote:

Id go with that an all mate, Kelly by far the better defender, ok he hasnt got the pace of Johnson, but thats were Jojnson could help in tracking back to givehim a hand, if he comes unstuck,. The problem i have now is Kelly is my preferred choice at right back. but you also have other options of playing someone else instead of just Johnno on the wing,

Im sick of all this centre half nonsence playing left or right back, an all .
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games