Liverpool v Rubin Kazan Thursday, 22 October, 20:05 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:25 am wrote:I'd rest as many players as we can for Sunday.
We are only 6 points off second place after 9 games which is very good going considering over half of those 9 games have been away at Arsenal, United, Everton, Spurs and Stoke.
6 points is nothing these days (especially in mid October), a couple of wins and your right back on the leaders tails again and if we could somehow string a few results together over the next month or so then literally anything can happen.
No one looks convincing this year, every team seems to have their troubles and I think there's definately an opportunity there for us to get into the top 4 (or maybe even better!).
For all our woes we are actually in a good position and I hope Jurgen recognises this and prioritises the prem. You don't get many seasons where everyone looks shaky and a bit out of sorts, we need to make hay while the sun shines!

Can we please stop with this resting players krap please???? This team desperately needs wins to boost confidence and we need Europe to attract attention and maybe just maybe going all the way.

They can rest in the summer.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:33 pm

only me » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:35 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:25 am wrote:I'd rest as many players as we can for Sunday.
We are only 6 points off second place after 9 games which is very good going considering over half of those 9 games have been away at Arsenal, United, Everton, Spurs and Stoke.
6 points is nothing these days (especially in mid October), a couple of wins and your right back on the leaders tails again and if we could somehow string a few results together over the next month or so then literally anything can happen.
No one looks convincing this year, every team seems to have their troubles and I think there's definately an opportunity there for us to get into the top 4 (or maybe even better!).
For all our woes we are actually in a good position and I hope Jurgen recognises this and prioritises the prem. You don't get many seasons where everyone looks shaky and a bit out of sorts, we need to make hay while the sun shines!

Can we please stop with this resting players krap please???? This team desperately needs wins to boost confidence and we need Europe to attract attention and maybe just maybe going all the way.

They can rest in the summer.

I think asking our players to put in 3 proper shifts within the space of 8 days is asking too much of them, they just haven't had the type of pre season training that you need to cope with this style of footy. If he doesn't rest a few players for tomorrow's game then I can see the wheels coming off big time in the last 20 minutes on Sunday.
About 4 or 5 players ran further than they've done in their entire careers last Saturday, you can't expect them to do that 3 times a week without the proper conditioning work.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:57 pm

You do have a valid point there because if we play them continuously  in this short amount of time they will get burnt out.
Pushing youself more than usual requires a lot of body conditioning and with time and training it slowly becomes natural. They are athletes yes but high tempo all the time does require body conditioning.
Problem is if the players are playin consecutively in a short amount of time and when they are burnt out on the pitch that is the delicate period when injuries crop up.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:39 pm

Need to have a proper go and think we will tomorrow.

Really am tired of us almost throwing games in a European wide competition that would be terrific to win and gets us in Champs League.

Just get at Kazan from the off and put the game to bed then think about resting people.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:49 pm

Looks like Sturridge will miss this one out and be ready for sunday. We may also see Benteke and Firminho feature.

Press conference Rubin kazan match

https://youtu.be/FMb2wLvrFfc
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:02 am

Yakka ,we've just brought in a manager who takes every game we play seriously ,a manager who can make us feared throughout Europe again ! Fans like me look forward to our European campaigns ,matches like this one afford us the opportunity to make our voice heard and to announce to the rest of Europe that the laughing stops now !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:16 am

Well said Red, time to stop whinging and kick some @ss.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:48 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:33 pm wrote:

About 4 or 5 players ran further than they've done in their entire careers last Saturday, you can't expect them to do that 3 times a week without the proper conditioning work.

Yakka, if I understood him correctly, in yesterdays press conference Kloppo said he doesn't expect players to run full throttle for 90 minutes each game, he expects them to be able to do it at the right moments.

I think he recognises that there's still a way to go regarding conditioning their body and minds to his method.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:50 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:48 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:33 pm wrote:

Yakka, if I understood him correctly, in yesterdays press conference Kloppo said he doesn't expect players to run full throttle for 90 minutes each game, he expects them to be able to do it at the right moments.

I think he recognises that there's still a way to go regarding conditioning their body and minds to his method.

Sounds like a wise approach mate, it will be interesting to see how it pans out tonight.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:53 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:22 pm

That's a strong line up antes a strong bench too.  Me thinks Mr klopp wants this cup
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Good to see Benteke and Firmino on the bench, hopefully they will get a run out at some point.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:04 pm

Kop in good voice, such a contrast to our last home game. Come on red men!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glenbuck patriot » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:07 pm

Going back to Basics we learnt under Mr Shankly, Good Luck Mr Klopp, Good Luck REDMEN, now punish them for turning UP!
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:21 pm

We really, REALLY need a defensive midfielder. Allen is too lightweight and not good enough. I think Klopp is discovering that right now
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games