Liverpool v rapid vienna - 19th july ko 18:15

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:41 pm

right I'm starting my first match thread on my quest to take Berm's crown  :D

our second pre-season friendly so I'm expecting much of the same kind of set up as the one at St Gallen, lots of subs at half time and some more playing time for the ressies and young uns. Except we're gonna win this time  :buttrock

does anyone know when our beloved Spaniards are due to return to training?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ElNino9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:17 pm

Liverpool Starlet Daniel Pacheco Guided By Experienced Players

The Spanish teenager has been getting help from Yossi Benayoun, who aid him break down the language barrier...

18 Jul 2009 11:09:55

Liverpool teenager Daniel Pacheco has spoke of the assistance he is receiving from senior members of the squad.

The Spaniard is currently in the team for Liverpool's pre-season friendly tour and featured in the opening game against Swiss side St. Gallen.

Pacheco has admitted it is tough competing in such a strong squad, but help from players like Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt and Yossi Benayoun, who speaks Spanish, is aiding his development.

"I am learning a lot from playing alongside Stevie or Dirk or Yossi," Pacheco told the club's official website.

"But I have to keep working hard and try to improve in order to impress the boss.

"Every day I am learning something. Yossi has been helping me a lot - it helps that he can tell me things in Spanish. He tries to help and I try to listen to everything he tells me.

"They are very good players so it's hard but the first-team are good with helping the young players. I'm very happy to be here."

Pacheco is yet to make a competitive first-team appearance for Liverpool since arriving from Barcelona in 2007, but is regarded as an exciting prospect for the future.
ElNino9

Postby ElNino9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Javier Mascherano to face Rapid Vienna for Liverpool FC

JAVIER MASCHERANO is set to play his first game for Liverpool since being linked with a move away from Anfield when Rafa Benitez’s side meet Rapid Vienna tomorrow night.

The Argentinian joined up with his team mates at their Swiss training camp on Thursday after enjoying an extended summer break following the birth of his second daughter.

Benitez is keen to get his midfield general back into action at the earliest possible opportunity and also build up Mascherano’s fitness and match practice ahead of Liverpool’s Far East tour so the 25-year-old is likely to be given a run out against the Austrian side.

The pair have spoken about the speculation which has surrounded Mascherano throughout the future but the Reds boss is keen to keep the matter in house for the time being, choosing to concentrate all his energies on Liverpool’s ongoing pre-season preparations.

Benitez will again give playing time to as many members of his squad as possible against Rapid as he continues with his policy of giving Liverpool’s fringe players a chance to stake their claim to be involved with the first team on a more regular basis.

Jay Spearing is one of those who is hoping that the current pre-season could turn out to be a watershed in his Anfield career and after performing well in Wednesday night’s goalless draw with St Gallen the Academy graduate is hoping for another chance to impress.

“I loved every minute on Wednesday,” said Spearing, who recently signed a new three year contract which will see him remain at Anfield until 2012.

He added: “Any chance I get I’ve got to impress. I want to show Stevie (Gerrard) that I am capable of playing alongside him and I need to show that to Rafa Benitez as well.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....4182189
ElNino9

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Is LFC TV still free? Are they going to be showing delayed coverage of this again?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby schimli » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:21 pm

Is someone of you going to come to Vienna?

Actually, who is missing in your team for tomorrow evening?

I think it's going to be great, because the Happel Stadium is sold out with about 50.000.
schimli

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:38 pm

schimli wrote:Is someone of you going to come to Vienna?

Actually, who is missing in your team for tomorrow evening?

I think it's going to be great, because the Happel Stadium is sold out with about 50.000.

same lot as the game against St Gallen I reckon. The only ones missing now are the Spanish lads because they played in the confed cup so they're getting an extended break, I don't know when they're due to return tho
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:40 pm

3-0 , gerrard , johnson and kuyt
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby schimli » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:11 pm

Optimistically

Rapid Vienna 2:1 (0:1) FC Liverpool

0:1 Kuyt
1:1 Hoffer
2:1 Hoffer
:bowdown
schimli

Postby ElNino9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:34 pm

Yeah it is still free. It won't be after pre-season so make the most of it.
ElNino9

Postby ElNino9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:35 pm

Johnson x1
Pacheco x3 :p
ElNino9

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:29 pm

any line ups?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mushy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:50 pm

can someone please tell me or post a link so i can watch the game tonight, thanks
mushy

Postby europian-kings » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:52 pm

The Reds XI in full is: Cavalieri, Degen, Insua, Carragher, Ayala, Gerrard, Plessis, Babel, El Zhar, Nemeth, Voronin. Subs: Martin, Gulacsi, Kelly, San Jose, Pacheco, Benayoun, Kuyt, Mascherano, Lucas, Ngog, Spearing, Skrtel.

no johnson???
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:56 pm

FFS no johnson !
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games