Liverpool V Man United 19/4/22 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:08 pm

Liverpool maintain their heavy schedule of important games playing United on the back of 2x Benfica and 2x City games. United are under strength with Ronaldo suffering the loss of his new born son (RIP and condolences to the family), Fernandez available after a car crash yesterday morning.

United are without Scott McTominay, Fred, Raphael Varane, Luke Shaw and Edinson Cavani.  All five also missed Saturday's win over Norwich where they conceded 15 shots and were fortunate to come away with a win. United will have to rely on the slowing Nemanja Matic and Paul Pogba, who is not a defensive midfielder and both of whom are set to leave in the summer.

For Liverpool, Diogo Jota is the only injury sustaining a knock during Liverpool's 3-3 draw with Benfica however it doesn't seem anything serious. There are no other injuries and no one is suspended. How the backroom have turned our cronic injury prone situation last season into full fitness this season. As a result Thiago and Keita are playing their best football for the club yet.

United are there for the taking. With Ronaldo and the 5 other first team players missing, the lads should find gaps and score goals. Being at Anfield the crowd will demand another thrashing. Klopp may well hold back and ustilise Jones, Minamino, Bobby, Ox etc.. if and when we put a couple of goals past them. Next game is against the Bitters on Sunday then Villareal 3 days later on Wednesday the 27th so he needs to rotate and rest key players.

Let's finish United off, sad club.   :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:00 pm

Would love to see another thrashing given to Man U but given the changes Jurgen might make to our starting 11, I'd be happy with a win of any kind.

2-0 or even 3-1 will do for me.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:43 pm

Not so nervous about tonight's game, pretty confident we will win. It would be classy to give cr7 some love after the loss of his son.

Edit. He won't be there. Have at them redmen!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:17 pm

Everything points to a Liverpool win which makes me nervous. Both us and City could banana skin at this stage of the season, that said, our form has been better than us in recent times so let's hope it's them that does a proverbial stevie G
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:49 pm

Nothing should be taken for granted but let’s face it this bunch of prima donnas have owner, managerial  and player discontent. Along with that they are going to field a substantially weakened team. We need to start with the same intent that we did against City at Wembley. I still think we should field a very strong team. Most importantly for me Fab, Thiago and Nabby should start. That midfield makes a difference. Let’s give these utter scumbags a damn good thrashing and make their fight for the top four more difficult.

COYR

YNWA
Last edited by devaney on Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:53 pm

I think this is their last trophy and even taking a point and derailing our championship quest would give their fans something so celebrate so we should not make assumptions about this game. Ronaldo losing his son (RIP) may just fire them up a little more. Having said that, we should win easily (hopefully) then coast. 2-0 will do just fine.

First time that I can remember ManUre have become a banana skin rather than a rival  :laugh:
COYR
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:05 pm

Get in Diaz...Mo beat Trent for the sprint to the ball was funny
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:12 pm

Only listening to it on the radio but it sounds like we are well up for this. Nice touch from our fans re Ronaldo as well by the sounds of it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:21 pm

Mo finally 2-0

That assist by Mane was simply exquisite

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:30 pm

We are playing football a division above United right now. United's defence are breathing heavily now working overtime with every attacks we launched

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:47 pm

HT 2-0

Ball possession should easily be 75%:25% or 80%:20%

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:52 pm

Wow ! honestly thought Jurgen might make some changes for this one but he's playing our best 11 and they are superb !

Another goal (or two  :D  ) and we'll probably see a couple of changes to give some lads a rest.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:59 pm

Absolutely loving this  :buttrock  Thiago and Diaz having a great game.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:00 pm

We've barely got out of second gear. Bit worried by the sloppy play at the back towards rhe end. But an early goal in the second half should kill this off.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:12 pm wrote:Only listening to it on the radio but it sounds like we are well up for this. Nice touch from our fans re Ronaldo as well by the sounds of it.

Here is a link Yakka. Just scroll down.

https://hd.dailydotist.online/2022/04/blog-post_18.html
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games