Liverpool V Leicester - Thursday 1st January 2015 - KO 3PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Didn't you just know he wasn't going to sub Gerrard, you could tell that his defence of Gerrard in his pre match press conference he was always going to dig his heels in no matter what as he obviously doesn't like his decisions questioned.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:08 pm

Boocity » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:46 pm wrote:Didn't you just know he wasn't going to sub Gerrard, you could tell that his defence of Gerrard in his pre match press conference he was always going to dig his heels in no matter what as he obviously doesn't like his decisions questioned.

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if he would have went to this after Lallana went off -

Mingolet

Can         Toure        Sakho

Markovic         Lucas       Henderson          Moreno

Coutinho         Ojo

Sterling

Subs -
Markovic on for Lallana
Ojo on for Gerrard
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Any manager who has just watched his team win 4-1 and then is willing to  sacrifice a player who provided all the energy through the middle to deploy him at WB
whilst returning to a player who offers this team fuck all, is an absolute Sh*t bag of epic proportions.

As for the substitutions ,well they were absolutely devoid of thought let alone any common sense ! The Kop have no confidence whatsoever in the man ,he had an
opportunity today to silence his critics and see some consistency return to this team ,but priority was wedging Gerrard back in the team whilst being fully conversant
in the premise Gerrard is completely alien to his preachings of high intensity pressing football. I mean he must know this by now ,I mean there's sighing village idiots
as we speak pulling their respective beanie hats over their eyes.

Leicester were the better team from the off ,with the reds heavily reliant on long balls to Sterling our super striker who apparently has quelled Rodgers appetite for
a dip in the January transfer window  ??? I've seen three year olds who strike the ball harder.

Sakho man of the match ,because without him we would have been on the end of the kind of  hammering they handed out to United.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Gerrard or not we were lucky to get even a point out of that and would have got nothing only for the referee was feeling somewhat generous.
Absolutely shocking decision to leave balotelli out and continuing to persevere with sterling in that role.
To go from 2 nil up to sweating it out for a point, against bottom of the table is shocking. That was Tactically wrong from the start and the subs just prove how much money we actually wasted.
Rodgers cost us those points today  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:49 pm

Another nail in BR coffin and lfc season....Playing at home against last place after a brilliant win and this is what we get? IM ashamed we are dragged through the mud by an arrogant stubborn donkey of a manager that can't see a good or a bad thing if it crawled up his asss and said hi. This SG saga is costing the team a crucial year this Borini/no striker decision is murdering us and all that is left is his stupid interviews and cocky behaviour selling us all for fools.

Fcking Leicester 2 up and boom goes the neighbourhood. Dipressing.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:53 pm

Rodgers needs to go.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Santa » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:31 pm

After Palace of last season, we still could not learn to hold on to a comfortable lead and bring home the points...by him making all the basic tactical and substitution error again and again, he has cost us the title last year as well as a reasonable finishing position this season. Only a fool will not learn from his past mistake, add to this his gutless character, stubbornness as well as tactical naivety it's just impossible for players to have confidence in him taking charge of the club. GTFO and bring Johnson and Borini with you  :veryangry
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:04 am

I have calmed down now after watching the match, just re-watched the match on motd, have to say a point was all we deserved, the first penalty given was 100% not a penalty but i still believe the second one was

The 2 Leicester goals were excellent and they for the bottom team in the league played very very well, we can consider a point a fair result

Certainly dosn't take away from the feeling of massive disapointment tho  :no
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:32 am

The idiot BR should be very thankful for the referee to saved his team undeserved one point simply because this idiot has no clue on how to manage LFC. There is no way we will go beyond 8th place in League and even that it might be impossible to secure, furthermore there is no chance we will make a ground on the teams whom they are above us.
The idiot BR cannot vary the team playing system to suite each game! he ought to have started with two strikers and kill off the lowest team in league, but no this idiot wanted his creative players to play one system which it had ended up each player for himselef Sterling kept going into dead-end with no end product!, the rest kept giving the ball away!!!
LFC season is almost ended here, the team becoming a very boaring team to watch the expectation of failure is almost within every fan. The club's owner need to find a quick sloution otherwise their club will be worse situation than now.
A big backward steps in new year 2015, and this idiot BR knows that!!!
algymoon

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:51 pm

algymoon » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:32 am wrote:The idiot BR should be very thankful for the referee to saved his team undeserved one point simply because this idiot has no clue on how to manage LFC. There is no way we will go beyond 8th place in League and even that it might be impossible to secure, furthermore there is no chance we will make a ground on the teams whom they are above us.
The idiot BR cannot vary the team playing system to suite each game! he ought to have started with two strikers and kill off the lowest team in league, but no this idiot wanted his creative players to play one system which it had ended up each player for himselef Sterling kept going into dead-end with no end product!, the rest kept giving the ball away!!!
LFC season is almost ended here, the team becoming a very boaring team to watch the expectation of failure is almost within every fan. The club's owner need to find a quick sloution otherwise their club will be worse situation than now.
A big backward steps in new year 2015, and this idiot BR knows that!!!

Are you practicing how to spell "idiot" ?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:04 pm

Lucky to come out with a draw. Just thank our lucky stars we were given two pens, otherwise it could have been grim. Counting the days Sturridge comes back and fingers crossed stays fit. It really is  damning indictment on Balotelli and Lambert when Sterling (clearly not a striker IMO but he actually moves about) gets selected up front ahead of them
Doeboy

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Look I know we were pathetic against Burnley (very lucky to win) and Leicester but neither team looked like relegation fodder and played far better than their respective league positions would suggest. No match in the Premiership can be taken for granted !! So far this season Roger's has got it right in two games - Spurs and Swansea. I don't like to kick a man when he simply is not performing to last seasons high standards.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:32 pm

Personally I think it was a genius short termist move by BR here. He was crucified for leaving SG out of the CL game a few weeks ago, but since then we've changed the personnel, gone for speed and things have improved to the point where we were starting to slam people again. It can't be any surprise that SG's announcement was coming out on Friday after the game on Thursday and everyone must have known the headlines the news would make. For me BR put himself in as much of a win/win situation as he could have at that point…..play him and win and at least he's still leveraging the player and avoiding that criticism towards him or play him and lose and minimize the criticism as the contrast to the previous performance would be so stark. Most people are calling for SG to be dropped, so it seems like a point has been made and it's the same point that I think BR has been making all season. Right or wrong, I am not commenting.

The rest of the season will now be an interesting one to see how much game time SG gets and whether BR now starts to go with the starting 11 he really wants. There's still a little something in the back of my head telling me that he's not played the way he'd like to play until now and we saw signs of that in the past weeks.
Homebooby

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:38 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:32 pm wrote:Gerrard or not we were lucky to get even a point out of that and would have got nothing only for the referee was feeling somewhat generous.
Absolutely shocking decision to leave balotelli out and continuing to persevere with sterling in that role.
To go from 2 nil up to sweating it out for a point, against bottom of the table is shocking. That was Tactically wrong from the start and the subs just prove how much money we actually wasted.

Balotelli has been dropped because he simply has not got the ability to score on a regular basis in the Premiership. This is his pathetic 2014/15 Premiership record:

Games
Goals
Assists
Shots

Prior to this season Balotelli had scored one goal in his last 16 Premiership matches. Was never convinced that he could replace Borini let alone Suarez !! This is a player with distinctly limited ability. He has been hyped to death. His off the pitch behaviour tells you all you need to know.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:09 am

devaney » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:38 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:32 pm wrote:Gerrard or not we were lucky to get even a point out of that and would have got nothing only for the referee was feeling somewhat generous.

Balotelli has been dropped because he simply has not got the ability to score on a regular basis in the Premiership. This is his pathetic 2014/15 Premiership record:

Games
Goals
Assists
Shots

Prior to this season Balotelli had scored one goal in his last 16 Premiership matches. Was never convinced that he could replace Borini let alone Suarez !! This is a player with distinctly limited ability. He has been hyped to death. His off the pitch behaviour tells you all you need to know.

Look I am not the one who brought him here in the first place or thought for a second he would compliment the supposed philosophy. He is completely alien to it and another thing that even my dog could tell you is that he creates problems off the pitch, but that was all taken on board before they signed him. It isn't a valid reason to explain the treatment he has been shown recently.
The hype is not something either that the player can control and he has a similarity with suarez   :nod as being the person with the worst shot to goal ratio in his first 6 months  :D

Its not about him being dropped from the starting 11 but why can rodgers not find a system to work to his strengths or at least something that he can come off the bench and  play in ? I would have thought the idea of balotelli was so we could alternate our style of play to break teams down not just swap personnel and persist with the same thing. I would much rather see the guy we spent £16 million on being introduced as a sub any day ahead of the guy we didn't want.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games