Liverpool v everton - 16/01/11

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:24 pm

metalhead wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
metalhead wrote:our 2 center backs are just appalling, absolutely ruined the game for us, should have finished the game in the first half.

Skrtel :no

Agger?  ???

Agger was ok, its his partner who let us down today, sloppy for the first goal and let Beckford get away from him for the second.

I can understand his first wasn't as simple as him being poor. He was on the back foot. It's hard to jump off the deck like that. You could argue Johnson should have cleared the ball off the line too. His second was a poor mistake, granted, but when you isolate most center halfs like that, a good forward will almost certainly come out on top inside the area. I think people can be overly critical of Skrtel. He and Agger have shown signs of a good partnership at the back when all is well in other areas of the pitch.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
metalhead wrote:our 2 center backs are just appalling, absolutely ruined the game for us, should have finished the game in the first half.

Agger?  ???

Agger was ok, its his partner who let us down today, sloppy for the first goal and let Beckford get away from him for the second.

I can understand his first wasn't as simple as him being poor. He was on the back foot. It's hard to jump off the deck like that. You could argue Johnson should have cleared the ball off the line too. His second was a poor mistake, granted, but when you isolate most center halfs like that, a good forward will almost certainly come out on top inside the area. I think people can be overly critical of Skrtel. He and Agger have shown signs of a good partnership at the back when all is well in other areas of the pitch.

mate, I was thinking the same thing, but then again I thought what Hyypia or Carragher would have done in this type of situation. Carragher would block Beckford's turn for the second goal, or at least put in a tackle to take the ball away, I've seen Carragher doing it many times before. For the first goal Hyypia would have cleared the ball first time.

I'm sorry mate, I Skrtel has been a liability.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:ok i am going to go for it sorry

strange line, wrong player at Left back, why did kenny not go for it and put a striker on as sub?

Meireles was very good today, Torres only has a good 15mins at the end of the first half and apart from that he doing nothing.
yet again poor passing by the whole team.

lucky to get a point in the end.

felt let down in the 2nd half but shows how much we need new players and shows it was not just down to the managers why we have not been getting the results this year.

oh and the back 4? :censored: :censored:,sell them all

You seriously can't be for real with that post.

what

utter

bollox.

very real. why do you think he did not put another striker on?
was he worried that if he did it would knock Torres confidence by a way of saying he can not get a goal on his own today?

do you think the left back thing is working?

do you think we need players?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:28 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Aussie Style wrote:2-3 years ago we had Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard in midfield. Today we ended with Spearing, Lucas and Shelvey. Let's face it our squads not good enough. Need at least 4 quality additions.

Is correct. We haven't been able to replace our midfield sufficiently enough. Our midfield should take priority over everything else at the moment. It's where we are lacking the most IMO. 2 quality players in there and a secondary striker who can play in the hole, and we'd see a dramatic improvement in our results.

Well our midfield would have looked a bit better if we had Aqualani in there.  Too bad that clown sent him out on loan.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:31 pm

metalhead wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Agger?  ???

mate, I was thinking the same thing, but then again I thought what Hyypia or Carragher would have done in this type of situation. Carragher would block Beckford's turn for the second goal, or at least put in a tackle to take the ball away, I've seen Carragher doing it many times before. For the first goal Hyypia would have cleared the ball first time.

I'm sorry mate, I Skrtel has been a liability.

Perhaps. But I'd put a lot of it down to being exposed. If he is a liability, then so too can others be deemed to be. Our middle has been soft this season. Extremely soft. Our back line is going to come under all kinds of situations that they shouldn't be exposed to.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:31 pm

lakes10 wrote:
metalhead wrote:

strange line, wrong player at Left back, why did kenny not go for it and put a striker on as sub?

Meireles was very good today, Torres only has a good 15mins at the end of the first half and apart from that he doing nothing.

felt let down in the 2nd half but shows how much we need new players and shows it was not just down to the managers why we have not been getting the results this year.

I thought Johnson had a really good game, did really well with his crossing and created some chances for the team.

yes mate but he should not be at LB, we are finding it hard in the defence....even harder when your left baCK IS STILL UP THE FIELD FROM  from making a run.
he put some great balls into today.....but he is not a lb.....and should have got the ball off thie line

Problem is Konchesky is rubbish and Aurelio is normally injured and doesn't look in great form at the moment.
Kenny can only play with the cards he has been dealt.
I think we were much better today than most of the season, defending has to be worked on and Skrtel has cost us goals in the last few games. I think Agger is getting back into some form shame he had to leave at half time.
So i think a decent CH is a priority in this transfer window, that coul be the difence between 6 and 1 points from our last two games!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Dudes,

I actually thought today's selection was decent. It worked in the first half, we should have finished the first half with 3-0 and Torres was absolutely fantastic in that half, so was Maxi and Meireles. Unfortunately, we must address our CB situation as they are costing us games.

I'll have none of that ''poor team'' selection, they were good and it worked in the first half. The only disappointment is that we didn't do enough with our substitution to change the course of the game when we went 2-1 down
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:33 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

You seriously can't be for real with that post.

what

utter

bollox.

very real. why do you think he did not put another striker on?
was he worried that if he did it would knock Torres confidence by a way of saying he can not get a goal on his own today?

do you think the left back thing is working?

do you think we need players?

Lakes, we were rocking for a good 15 minutes. Agger didn't come out in the second half. Bring another striker on? Right, so what formation would we have went if we did that?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:34 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
OneHotRed wrote:Bad team choice, bad substitutions unless you wanted a draw, poor play and tactics, thank god they didnt have Their 2 better players.

NOT impressed so far by Kenny

Bad Team choice !

OK Einstein given who was available who should we have started with ?

Disappointing result but at least and at last the lads looked up for it.

Are you serious??? for a 2nd straight game we have played the worst lineup we had all season long. Yes the worst!!
I have no idea which players was Kenny watching all the time he was at the stands but for sure he wasn't watching the right ones. The boys were up for it i give him that ,but the WRONG boys!

Torres a lone striker again for Fck sake - if it continues like that i'm afraid he would kill himself in the middle of the match.

Johnson LB?? No Left Leg how can he be a LB?? FFS you have Aurellio for that.

Spearing and Lucas??? Spearing just returning from a long absence and both are mediocre defensive CM - who is supposed to support the Attack??

Kuyt and Skertel have at least justified some bench time why do we insist on them everytime??

And what about the Subs?? OK Agger is sick fair enougn ,but we needed attack and speed so we go for Shelvi for Meireless which was decent and where is the last Sub?? Just cowaradly and plays.

Total disappointment in Kenny's picking and tactics ,just plain terrible!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:37 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Perhaps. But I'd put a lot of it down to being exposed. If he is a liability, then so too can others be deemed to be. Our middle has been soft this season. Extremely soft. Our back line is going to come under all kinds of situations that they shouldn't be exposed to.

I do believe to an extent that we don't have that ''anchor man'' type of midfielder to protect the back four, like when we had Mascherano and Hamann playing that role. However, we haven't addressed the issue with defending set pieces, even when we had mascherano. Its down with our players not marking properly or completely forgetting to mark their man and just look at the ball. Plus, at times we can't even defend basic attacks. There is no commanding presence. For the short term, once Carra is back, I would play Carragher and Agger. In the long term we have to look for another Hyypia!!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:39 pm

The usual suspects here: gurning when Rafa was in charge; supporting Roy, then started gurning there too after a while; now gurning again when Kenny is manager.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:39 pm

if we converted half of our chances in the first half, none of you would come in and say ''oh poor line up''. It was down to our players not finishing the game off.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:43 pm

metalhead wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Perhaps. But I'd put a lot of it down to being exposed. If he is a liability, then so too can others be deemed to be. Our middle has been soft this season. Extremely soft. Our back line is going to come under all kinds of situations that they shouldn't be exposed to.

I do believe to an extent that we don't have that ''anchor man'' type of midfielder to protect the back four, like when we had Mascherano and Hamann playing that role. However, we haven't addressed the issue with defending set pieces, even when we had mascherano. Its down with our players not marking properly or completely forgetting to mark their man and just look at the ball. Plus, at times we can't even defend basic attacks. There is no commanding presence. For the short term, once Carra is back, I would play Carragher and Agger. In the long term we have to look for another Hyypia!!

Not disagreeing with you on that. We do need a big, solid center half. Maybe someone like Mertesacker? I think it'll be a while yet before those vulnerablities from set pieces are fixed. The players have jumped from 3 seperate systems in the past 6 months. All of a sudden, there is no words about Zonal Marking anymore. I wonder why.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Joeblackisachimp » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:44 pm

3 games for king kenny, Zero wins.

Same problems always arises with this team, esp in midfield.
we dont have the players to put the opposition under pressure or create enough chances to win games.

stumped as to why the manager picked Spearing and not Joe cole to start. a waster if he never gets a game.

A change of personnel is required asap. otherwise we will finish in the bottom half. shame really, before the blackpool game i would have said we still had a chance of champions league next season with 17/18 games left. but not now.

overall 6/10. better effort, but more of the same.
Joeblackisachimp

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:45 pm

metalhead wrote:if we converted half of our chances in the first half, none of you would come in and say ''oh poor line up''. It was down to our players not finishing the game off.

Width of the post, and a good performance from their keeper. We looked far more attacking in that 45 than I've seen in 6 months from Hodgson.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games