Liverpool v everton - 16/01/11

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Aussie Style » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:08 pm

2-3 years ago we had Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard in midfield. Today we ended with Spearing, Lucas and Shelvey. Let's face it our squads not good enough. Need at least 4 quality additions.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Not sure what to feel. We are playing better, pressing the ball, Torres looks more like himself, actually most played well. Johnson and Spearing proved my fears ill founded, I thought both had good games.

But, we have a real problem at CB - this needs to be number one priority in January I think - and we seriously lost composure when they scored. PLENTY of work to do yet.

I guess, given where we were a couple of weeks ago, it is a step in the right direction, but there are a few more steps to be taken, and soon.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:10 pm

burjennio wrote:WTF happened to Agger? Did he come out at half time?

he was ill apparently, according to BBC Sport anyway
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Rockthekop » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Defence let us down yet again, not good enough.

Why didnt Kenny bring on Babel and Cole and go for the win? He seemed happy to settle for a draw.
Rockthekop

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Aussie Style wrote:2-3 years ago we had Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard in midfield. Today we ended with Spearing, Lucas and Shelvey. Let's face it our squads not good enough. Need at least 4 quality additions.

Is correct. We haven't been able to replace our midfield sufficiently enough. Our midfield should take priority over everything else at the moment. It's where we are lacking the most IMO. 2 quality players in there and a secondary striker who can play in the hole, and we'd see a dramatic improvement in our results.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Aussie Style wrote:2-3 years ago we had Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard in midfield. Today we ended with Spearing, Lucas and Shelvey. Let's face it our squads not good enough. Need at least 4 quality additions.

Is correct. We haven't been able to replace our midfield sufficiently enough. Our midfield should take priority over everything else at the moment. It's where we are lacking the most IMO. 2 quality players in there and a secondary striker who can play in the hole, and we'd see a dramatic improvement in our results.

I miss Masch, he was no nonsense in the tackle and was pretty reliable in keeping the ball

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:17 pm

ok i am going to go for it sorry

strange line, wrong player at Left back, why did kenny not go for it and put a striker on as sub?

Meireles was very good today, Torres only has a good 15mins at the end of the first half and apart from that he doing nothing.
yet again poor passing by the whole team.

lucky to get a point in the end.

felt let down in the 2nd half but shows how much we need new players and shows it was not just down to the managers why we have not been getting the results this year.

oh and the back 4? :censored: :censored:,sell them all
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:18 pm

I don't think Neverton's goals were just down to luck. I just finished watching it live on telly. Look at the stats...Neverton had 60% possession, Neverton were not really that good, it is Liverpool who is awful.
I know some will slate me, but this is the truth. Whenever we get the ball, Neverton players will pressure us and close down IMMEDIATELY, until our players have nowhere to go, but to make pressured passes to a teammate who was also under pressure. Immediately after that, our move breaks down.
When a Neverton player gets the ball in the middle of the field but in our half, we sit back and let them pick out their team mates. They can string 3 or 4 passes and when it gets into the penalty area, 2 or 3 Liverpool players will start to converge on the Neverton man, and if he manages to pass the ball, some 2 to 3 of our defenders gets 'taken out' so easily.

WTF...have our defenders now become ball watchers? It took many interventions from the hard-working Kuyt to regain possession to kick the ball out while our 2 or 3 converging defenders were left stranded. if Kuyt manages to pass to say Lucas or Meireles, they then hit long to a lone Torres who has 2 to 3 defenders on him.

We give cheap goals away, we need to work extra hard to get a goal, then we panic and let the opposition come at us without closing them down. This is a real problem and it may take more than Kenny to solve this. I'm so frustrated watching Liverpool play like this. It is past midnight in my part of the world.

We need a major player overhaul, a major mentality shift from our players and much more desire from the lot.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
metalhead wrote:our 2 center backs are just appalling, absolutely ruined the game for us, should have finished the game in the first half.

Skrtel :no

Agger?  ???

Agger was ok, its his partner who let us down today, sloppy for the first goal and let Beckford get away from him for the second.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:19 pm

erm...Lakes....back four? Martin Kelly can hold his head high in the games he's featured. Johnson should be played on the wing and I agree we need a commanding centre half, perhaps Carragher's presence will prove key in organising our back line

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:19 pm

lakes10 wrote:ok i am going to go for it sorry

strange line, wrong player at Left back, why did kenny not go for it and put a striker on as sub?

Meireles was very good today, Torres only has a good 15mins at the end of the first half and apart from that he doing nothing.

felt let down in the 2nd half but shows how much we need new players and shows it was not just down to the managers why we have not been getting the results this year.

I thought Johnson had a really good game, did really well with his crossing and created some chances for the team.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:20 pm

OneHotRed wrote:Bad team choice, bad substitutions unless you wanted a draw, poor play and tactics, thank god they didnt have Their 2 better players.

NOT impressed so far by Kenny

Bad Team choice !

OK Einstein given who was available who should we have started with ?

Disappointing result but at least and at last the lads looked up for it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:20 pm

You seriously can't be for real with that post.

what

utter

bollox.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Greavesie wrote:erm...Lakes....back four? Martin Kelly can hold his head high in the games he's featured. Johnson should be played on the wing and I agree we need a commanding centre half, perhaps Carragher's presence will prove key in organising our back line

yes you make a good point about Martin Kelly, but he needs to talk to the others more during the game.

we so miss Carragher
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:24 pm

metalhead wrote:

I thought Johnson had a really good game, did really well with his crossing and created some chances for the team.

yes mate but he should not be at LB, we are finding it hard in the defence....even harder when your left baCK IS STILL UP THE FIELD FROM  from making a run.
he put some great balls into today.....but he is not a lb.....and should have got the ball off thie line
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games