Liverpool vs Everton 13/02 20:00 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:05 am

Well done lads,good performance, Bajcetic is very good for his age.

Much needed win, now let's keep it going.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:13 am

As much as I enjoyed beating Everton, let’s not forget that they are in a very serious relegation battle and are an extremely poor team. Forget the Arsenal result, it was typical of a team playing their first game for a new manager. For me, Newcastle will be the real test at the weekend.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:32 am

Newcastle will the a big test for us, If we beat them it may give us that momentum we're looking for. UCL spot still not easy but all it would take is a decent run to get back into the race.

I still would say we did well to beat a "rejuvenated" Everton under the new manager bounce. New manager spark lasts a few games at least, so to beat them after they did over Arsenal is progress.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:47 pm

It was about time the team and manager gave a smile back to the faithful fans, good performance and the fans have made it a good occasion.
I thought Bajcetic gave a solid and gusty performance. Salah contribution what a goal!

A better performance is very much needed to overcome Newcastle.
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:34 pm

It just shows what intensity can do, we were chasing and running everything down and the result showed. Newcastle as others have mentioned will be a better test but they drew 5 out of the last six matches so a good time to beat them and that could be a springboard for a winning streak.

Happy for Gakpo to score his first goal, you could tell he was delighted. We need a good vibe back in the team.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:41 pm

kazza wrote:It just shows what intensity can do, we were chasing and running everything down and the result showed. Newcastle as others have mentioned will be a better test but they drew 5 out of the last six matches so a good time to beat them and that could be a springboard for a winning streak.

Happy for Gakpo to score his first goal, you could tell he was delighted. We need a good vibe back in the team.

I thought that was the most noticeable difference in us last night. We pressed them quickly and didn't shirk a challenge. Hendo and Bajectic set the tone and I thought the young lad played very good in the Thiago role. Versatile chap by all accounts.

Up front I thought we still lacked that cutting edge but the pace of those counter attacks were lightning.

Newcastle and Howe are in unchartered territory in having to deal with the pressure of staying where they are. They will drop points but we can't be throwing them away like we have been.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games