Liverpool vs Everton 13/02 20:00 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:24 pm

It is difficult to get enthused by any EPL game we play now.

However, as real fans we must get behind Klopp and the lads.

This could be another one of those "bad times" to face Everton. They will have a new spark about them because of Dyche and getting that win against the leaders.

On the opposite side, we are deflated, dejected and don't look like we're able to compete.

Given it is the Merseyside derby, maybe with Anfield rocking it will give the lads motivation to get a result.

Imo we've screwed up a UCL spot, recent losses have damaged our chances. But we still need to start clicking, gaining some momentum, developing our new lads for next season.

If we can get a positive result against Everton and Newcastle, it may give us a boost to "compete" against Madrid.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:15 pm

Even though I know this season is a write off its impossible to switch off for the rest.

They are going to come here for the win and to go at us fast and hard. We need to compete for every ball and not give them an inch. This game will say a lot about us imo in terms of where we are as a squad. How we are mentally and whether we still have that fight in us. There is or should be no need for pep talks or large scale motivation as that should come from the players given how poor they have been and its a Derby.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:54 am

I would be very surprised if Anfield is rocking.
Last edited by Reg on Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:06 pm

If we start with our customary gifting of a first goal I reckon we get hammered 3 or 4 nil.

They will be really up for this as it is their once chance of "glory" in the season.

Do or die time for our lads....I'm more fearful than hopeful.  :(
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:34 am

Thiago reportedly out with a hip injury but Jota has a good chance of playing some part. We really need to get his recovery right and make him last. It would be madness to throw him straight in.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:30 am

It’s incredibly difficult to come to terms with what has been happening this season and the position we find ourselves in. Liverpool prior to this season have been the only team to really challenge Manchester City for the league title. To now discover that Manchester City have been charged by the Premier League with 115 offences makes those two titles that we lost by a single point unpalatable !!

The Monday night match against Everton gives the team a chance to turn a very necessary corner. Klopp has got a major job on his hands, getting the team into the right frame of mind. They have looked totally dejected during the last few matches. No doubt the loss of Mané and the prospect of being sold certainly hasn’t helped. Our injury record has added to the difficulties and in my opinion training methods need to be reassessed.

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:15 pm

The only good news is that all other teams seem to be throwing points away left, right and centre as well. Its a whacky season.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:45 pm

We really should have at least been close to top4, even with our problems, others keep dropping points and sadly so do we. 
If we win our next two games we will be 6 points behind Newcastle, however that is a big IF!
Tottenham are hit and miss but I still think they will pip Newcastle to 4th.

Arsenal dropped points again, if they lose against City then I can't see City slipping.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:43 pm

I dunno because we haven't been at it all season. We had a bad start then it's been a case of wishful thinking since. We have to face the fact that we just aren't good enough to compete with the teams around us this season. Its erratic with everyone dropping points but we are much worse. Impossible to see us putting any sort of meaningful run together at the moment.

It's going to be a physical game and we need to be willing to challenge for every ball. They have some power in midfield as well with Doucoure, Onanna and Gueye who can cover a lot of ground at pace. We need to match that.

We have to start putting the ball in the net. Can't keep persisting with the same sideways stuff so one of them needs to step up and show some composure.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:45 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:43 pm wrote:I dunno because we haven't been at it all season. We had a bad start then it's been a case of wishful thinking since. We have to face the fact that we just aren't good enough to compete with the teams around us this season. Its erratic with everyone dropping points but we are much worse. Impossible to see us putting any sort of meaningful run together at the moment.

It's going to be a physical game and we need to be willing to challenge for every ball. They have some power in midfield as well with Doucoure, Onanna and Gueye who can cover a lot of ground at pace. We need to match that.

We have to start putting the ball in the net. Can't keep persisting with the same sideways stuff so one of them needs to step up and show some composure.

Their MF was  certainly impressive against Arsenal that's for sure, if they can replicate that type of work rate and intensity I don't see how we can cope. Right from that first game of the season against Fulham we have seen that any team that ups the tempo puts us under serious pressure
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:28 pm

Thiago out now for 6 to 8 weeks with that hip injury.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:47 pm

Amount of injuries we pick up is unbelievable...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:37 am

Big opportunity with so many teams above us dropping points.

Can't remember many recent games where we've dominated possession but with Dyce generally setting up in a counter attacking low block 4-4-2, we might see the lions share of the ball. Question would then be is do we have the patience and guile to open them up and just as important how do we deal with their counter attack, something we generally haven't done very well this year. Onana was particularly dangerous against Arsenal so we'll have to watch out for him.

Judging by Klopp's press conference, sounds like Jota should definitely make the bench but Firmino, van Dijk, and Arthur might need a little more time. With Thiago out it will be interesting to see how Klopp shuffles his midfield. My guess is that Keita moves to the left and Henderson comes back in on the right.
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:31 pm

Rumours flying around that we'll have special guests from Qatar for tonight's match.

I want to see a experienced line-up for tonight's game. Everton are gonna be fired up for this one and Dyches teams are always hard to prepare against. I think Calvert-Lewin is injured, so that takes away their target man for the long balls.

I wanna see a rejuvenated Fabinho tonight, he's had a few games rest and he needs that confidence back for when we play Madrid.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:29 pm

5 hours to go  :laugh:  feels like an eternity waiting for this!!

I hope they are sitting in some room watching Rocky movies to get motivated!!  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games