Everton V Liverpool - 23/11/13 12:45 K/O

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:11 pm

it`s a f##king shocking tackle, not only is it high but when he actually makes contact with suarez the ball is about 7 foot away. late isnt the word.
he follows through with his other leg as well which gives you some idea of the momentum in the tackle. he wasnt just pawing at suarez with his foot. he flew into him.
we were 2-1 up at the time too, thats 2 years on the bounce now that reffing decisions have cost us the 3 points at goodison.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:11 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:11 pm wrote:Image

it`s a f##king shocking tackle, not only is it high but when he actually makes contact with suarez the ball is about 7 foot away. late isnt the word.
he follows through with his other leg as well which gives you some idea of the momentum in the tackle. he wasnt just pawing at suarez with his foot. he flew into him.
we were 2-1 up at the time too, thats 2 years on the bounce now that reffing decisions have cost us the 3 points at goodison.

As some have said Yakka it's potentially a career ending tackle, no attempt to pull out of it even when it was clear the ball had long gone. IMO from the start Miralles wasn't looking for the ball, he was always looking to put one on Suarez.

How the ref failed too see it as a straight red card is beyond my comprehension.

If I was in Suarez's shoes I'd be thinking of filing a formal charge of assault, the video evidence is there !

But of course because it's Suarez nobody's gonna pay too much attention, there's been more talk in the media this weekend about Sunderland's Wes Brown's unjustified red card than Phil Dowd's head scratching decision not to issue one.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:15 pm

people tend to blow tackles out of proportion these days woof but that one really was a potential career ender. the knee`s are very susceptible to injury and suarez is lucky that he wasnt slightly more side on. as you say how the hell dowd didnt deem that worthy of a red card is beyond me.
our trainer who came on to treat suarez seemed to end up in an argument with some of the everton players over it as well, the ref was probably the only person in the ground that didnt think it was a red, even their fans thought he was going off, goodison went silent when mirallas flew in.
dowd had a shocker, even after that horror tackle miralles later on in the match forearm smashed hendo in the face and cut his eye but still dowd kept his cards in his pocket.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:15 pm wrote:people tend to blow tackles out of proportion these days woof but that one really was a potential career ender. the knee`s are very susceptible to injury and suarez is lucky that he wasnt slightly more side on. as you say how the hell dowd didnt deem that worthy of a red card is beyond me.
our trainer who came on to treat suarez seemed to end up in an argument with some of the everton players over it as well, the ref was probably the only person in the ground that didnt think it was a red, even their fans thought he was going off, goodison went silent when mirallas flew in.
dowd had a shocker, even after that horror tackle miralles later on in the match forearm smashed hendo in the face and cut his eye but still dowd kept his cards in his pocket.

It was weird because he took ages to actually show the yellow after the tackle. I was sure he was going to send him off he took so long. It should also be mentioned that Mirallas should have had at least one if not two yellows for incidents after this one.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Hate it when Ref's assume the mother Teresa role and pity the team which is in disadvantage..I Remember Mirallas to be quite the thug and their was no room for Mercy after this criminal tackle. He should have been send of and executed.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:59 am

A harmless love bite gets you a third of the season whereas this career ending monstrosity gets you NOTHING.

F**king shambles........  :no

Rodgers you need to do more son to highlight how ridiculous this is!
Last edited by eds on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:02 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:11 pm wrote:Image

Ridiculous isn't it, his eyes not even looking at the ball
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:25 am

Talk about home ground advantage, been at Anfield or any other away ground the red would have been out in a flash
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Focus » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:13 am

BR always preached about ball possession, dominating games, attacking football etc etc all music to our ears but I didn't see any of that at all in this game. In fact Everton bossed the game and could have thrashed us had it not been for  Mignolet(my Liverpool MOTM). So on the contrary, we played like as if Hodgson had returned to manage ie long balls most of the time which were easily intercepted and given the ball back to them and we were just not aggressive and hunger to win the ball back when we lost it. We played like as if we wanted a draw or to steal a win. BR's usual philosophy was thrown out of the window in this game. I hope to see us play more like Everton did in this game in future. This season's PL is a very open and any of the current top 8 teams can finish in top 4 next May.

G.Johnson performance nowadays is very erratic, some games he can be excellent but some games like this one was slow and lethargic. I am not worried about our strikers' department though another striker coming in in January would be great, our central defence with Agger, Skrtel, Toure, Sakho around are good but I am worried about our wing backs and central midfield. Johnson, Cissoko are not good enough. Stevie is aging and because of that is lacking consistency. In January window, we need to sign 2 quality wing backs and a quality playmaker to stand any chance of finishing in top 4. Mourinho's blunt statement about Liverpool was right. Our first choice  starting 11 are as good as any title contenders, but our squad lack depth for any effective plan B. FSG, please release more funds for BR in January otherwise be prepared to finish 7th or 6th this season and you know who will be gone because of that.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:32 am

FEE FI FO                             WUM  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:33 am

As they say what comes around goes around. I had conveniently forgotten how bad Luis's tackles were in last years derby. What this article does suggest is that Mirallas was out for revenge: http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/11/pr ... erton.html

As bad as Luis was last year it is about time that retrospective punishment, regardless of the action taken by the referee during the game, is imposed with very lengthy bans. The nonsense with Torres and Vertongen highlights the problem. Yes it was a silly girlie scratch by Torres but it was just as bad as Luis's girlie bite and because the linesman comes forward and says he saw the offence then the FA are powerless to take further action. The law is an *****.
Last edited by devaney on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:36 am

Red Focus » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:13 am wrote:BR always preached about ball possession, dominating games, attacking football etc etc all music to our ears but I didn't see any of that at all in this game. In fact Everton bossed the game and could have thrashed us had it not been for  Mignolet(my Liverpool MOTM). So on the contrary, we played like as if Hodgson had returned to manage ie long balls most of the time which were easily intercepted and given the ball back to them and we were just not aggressive and hunger to win the ball back when we lost it. We played like as if we wanted a draw or to steal a win. BR's usual philosophy was thrown out of the window in this game. I hope to see us play more like Everton did in this game in future. This season's PL is a very open and any of the current top 8 teams can finish in top 4 next May.

You do realize that we played on the Goodison, where Everton have only lost one game in this calendar year. What do you think happened when they played Chelsea, Spurs or Newcastle this season (our rivals that everyone thinks that will finish above us)? You think that when Chelsea lost or when Spurs drew they were dominating Everton?

The fact that it was an open game yesterday with a lot of chances doesn't mean that we were dominated. Sure, the games Everton played with Spurs and Chelsea were all about battle in midfield and a few chances on both sides but that's because they have a different style of play. Our style is all about attack. We tend to hold a high line, which is why Everton made so many chances (they were mostly counter attacks and having too much space in our half) while Spurs and Chelsea have their defense sitting deep, so even if Everton managed to get through their midfield, there were always the Ivanovic's and the Vertongens to hoof it out and start all over again.

Seriously lad, get over yourself. It was always going to be a tough match. We even almost won it. We wouldn't have been having this conversation about Everton "dominating" us if Allen scored an open goal or Dowd had sent Mirallas off. It was a game that we deserved to win a bit more IMO but a draw was a fair result at the end.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:44 am

As they say what comes around goes around. I had conveniently forgotten how bad Luis's tackles were in last years derby. What this article does suggest is that Mirallas was out for revenge: http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/11/pr ... erton.html

As bad as Luis was last year it is about time that retrospective punishment, regardless of the action taken by the referee during the game, is imposed with very lengthy bans. The nonsense with Torres and Vertongen highlights the problem. Yes it was a silly girlie scratch by Torres but it was just as bad as Luis's girlie bite and because the linesman comes forward and says he saw the offence then the FA are powerless to take further action. The law is an *****.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:52 am

devaney » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:44 am wrote:As they say what comes around goes around. I had conveniently forgotten how bad Luis's tackles were in last years derby. What this article does suggest is that Mirallas was out for revenge: http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/11/pr ... erton.html

For me, neither of those challenges by Luis are worthy of a red card. A yellow card yes but not a red. At least he's going for the ball. Mirallas on the other hand, not only did he went for Suarez' knee and didn't get sent off, he made a few yellow card worthy offences afterwards and still remained on the pitch.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:40 am

And if the boot was on the other foot and one of those tackles had broken an ankle or a metatarsal I wonder how you would have viewed it! They were both borderline red card offences IMHO. We can't have it both ways.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext