Liverpool v everton - 16/01/11

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:23 pm

metalhead wrote:
ethanr wrote:I thought Torres looked more sharp but kept getting stuck up there alone.  I'm surprised anybody thought Raul was any good.  I thought it was his worst game yet.  Yea he scored the goal that was nice, but other than that he consistantly played out of position and gave the ball away time and time again.  He had a very off game. Kelly started strong but seemed to die off a bit at the end.  Kuyt had an ok second half but wasn't that great.  Didn't see maxi in the first half at all except that missed chance from 3 yards, he was nowhere to be seen today.  Skrtel was horrible.  I hate to say stop starting Skrtel because my girlfriend loves him but it seems like his time has come.  Lucas was alright today.  I thought Agger did well in the first half.  Reina seems to be misjudging too many things lately. I thought Johnson did decent today, but the way he played always getting the ball to his right foot and doing more offensively than defensively just proves the point he needs to be tried at right mid or nowhere at all.  Spearing was alright.  Made some little mistakes but worked his @ss off.

Meireles had a fantastic first half, ran alot and worked his socks off. He just got really tired in the second half, hence he started giving the ball away. I was made up when he scored, fantastic finish from him

He has been playing alot of games recently, maybe he just needs a rest?

Really? You think he played a good first half?  I honestly thought he was just giving the ball away way too much.  Credit to him some of the time he was trying to create runs for Torres, but I still thought he was just not getting done what he needed to.

Maybe I'm just used to getting a lot more from him.  Don't get me wrong, I really like him.  I think he was a good signing and a good player, and you could be right, he may need a break because he does work his balls off, but he just wasn't doing it for me today. At times he was running like mad and the next second an Everton player would be going past him and he didn't seem to put in much effort to stop him.  His passing just seemed quite off.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby only me » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:24 pm

metalhead wrote:Who the hell will play instead of Skrtel? Kyriagkos? same ability, both are average at best. Who the f*ck do we have another striker to play with Torres? Ngog-Torres partnership never worked, even if Babel played with Torres it would have never worked, we need a ''Tevez'' type of striker to work with Torres, or once Gerrard is back we can put him off Torres.

Johnson had a brilliant game, again it was not his fault for the two goals. Kelly was also stand out player for me.

so tell me... we don't have carragher, who is injured and Agger got ill, who would you play in center back? Wilson? an 18 year old inexperienced defender?

our squad is :censored:... and the players looked up for it at least! but its down to quality that we didn't win the game

OK first of all i agree our squad is :censored: ,I agree Kenny has a huge task at hand and the cards he is playing are mostly shiite.

But YES ,Soto should play everytime before Skertel ,he defends in the air much better and is always a threat on offence in set plays. So yes no brainer.

Yes Torres-Ngog worked OK and we looked much better playing the 2 strikers options ,Even Pacheco is a good option. If you can't see how desperate torres is when he plays alone then you are blind.

Johnson is NOT a LB ,and even when he plays his natural position his defence is shakey ,so why not play AURELLIO a natural LB ,us Johnson as a winger (instead of Kuyt for example)??

I wouldn't put much faith or hope in Carra ,was poor and shakey before injury wouldn't offer much help when he returns.
So Yes because our team is poor our manager must be on his top game on his top selection and reaction .can't say i noticed it on both league matches..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Only caught the last 15 mins or so...but what I did see, we looked pi$$ poor again....Another striker, a couple of decent centre-halves (or is there ANYBODY at ALL coming up through the ranks, if we don't have a pot to pi$$ in ??), a decent winger either side and we might have a half decent shout of a Useless Cup position at the end of this season...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:28 pm

only me wrote:If you can't see how desperate torres is when he plays alone then you are blind.

:laugh:

His best season when he scored was it 33 goals.. he played as a LONE striker.. your the blind one not me buddy
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:33 pm

ethanr wrote:
metalhead wrote:
ethanr wrote:I thought Torres looked more sharp but kept getting stuck up there alone.  I'm surprised anybody thought Raul was any good.  I thought it was his worst game yet.  Yea he scored the goal that was nice, but other than that he consistantly played out of position and gave the ball away time and time again.  He had a very off game. Kelly started strong but seemed to die off a bit at the end.  Kuyt had an ok second half but wasn't that great.  Didn't see maxi in the first half at all except that missed chance from 3 yards, he was nowhere to be seen today.  Skrtel was horrible.  I hate to say stop starting Skrtel because my girlfriend loves him but it seems like his time has come.  Lucas was alright today.  I thought Agger did well in the first half.  Reina seems to be misjudging too many things lately. I thought Johnson did decent today, but the way he played always getting the ball to his right foot and doing more offensively than defensively just proves the point he needs to be tried at right mid or nowhere at all.  Spearing was alright.  Made some little mistakes but worked his @ss off.

Meireles had a fantastic first half, ran alot and worked his socks off. He just got really tired in the second half, hence he started giving the ball away. I was made up when he scored, fantastic finish from him

Really? You think he played a good first half?  I honestly thought he was just giving the ball away way too much.  Credit to him some of the time he was trying to create runs for Torres, but I still thought he was just not getting done what he needed to.

Maybe I'm just used to getting a lot more from him.  Don't get me wrong, I really like him.  I think he was a good signing and a good player, and you could be right, he may need a break because he does work his balls off, but he just wasn't doing it for me today. At times he was running like mad and the next second an Everton player would be going past him and he didn't seem to put in much effort to stop him.  His passing just seemed quite off.

I think so, was involved in most of the attacks, almost set up one for Maxi at the end when he closed down disten really well. I agree, I think he gave the ball way too much, but that happened in the second half. I didn't like his role to be honest, I think I prefer him to be in a conventional midfield central role, he played a bit higher for me today.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:38 pm

only me wrote:You talk of of converting chances? well maybe if we had another striker on the field we could have done better.

Are you talking about Ngog, who has been useless when playing alongside Torres?  Torres plays best as a lone striker it has been proven already, he just needs better service not a striker partner.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:40 pm

metalhead wrote:
only me wrote:If you can't see how desperate torres is when he plays alone then you are blind.

His best season when he scored was it 33 goals.. he played as a LONE striker.. your the blind one not me buddy

Thank you for talking sense.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby only me » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:55 pm

metalhead wrote:

Guess what buddy this isn't that season and he isn't being serviced a lousy chip ,so as this is the case the 2 strikers option is the best one we have for now.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:58 pm

2 striker option did wonder for us this season right? :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:59 pm

No matter who the manager is, the match thread's always good for a laugh. :laugh:

Sometimes I wonder if people watch the same matches on here, such is the diversity of opinions on players, tactics, substitutions etc.

FWIW, my feeling is that we had one of our best first halves in a long, long time.  The lads were energetic, physical and playing for each other.  We probably should have got a couple of goals, though, to really put the bitters to the sword.

The second half, of course, was a different story.  We came out flat-footed and coughed up an equalizer straight away.  Not surprisingly, that knocked our confidence and bolstered theirs, allowing them to grab the lead off of some truly shambolic team defending.  Fair dos to our lads for fighting their way back into it and earning a deserved draw but, based on the quality of our first half performance alone, I was disappointed that we didn't come away with all 3 points.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:ok i am going to go for it sorry

strange line, wrong player at Left back, why did kenny not go for it and put a striker on as sub?

Meireles was very good today, Torres only has a good 15mins at the end of the first half and apart from that he doing nothing.
yet again poor passing by the whole team.

lucky to get a point in the end.

felt let down in the 2nd half but shows how much we need new players and shows it was not just down to the managers why we have not been getting the results this year.

oh and the back 4? :censored: :censored:,sell them all

You seriously can't be for real with that post.

what

utter

bollox.

very real. why do you think he did not put another striker on?
was he worried that if he did it would knock Torres confidence by a way of saying he can not get a goal on his own today?

do you think the left back thing is working?

do you think we need players?

Lakes, we were rocking for a good 15 minutes. Agger didn't come out in the second half. Bring another striker on? Right, so what formation would we have went if we did that?

with 10 mins left i would have taken off kuyt and put a striker on and risked it for the win
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:12 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Only caught the last 15 mins or so...but what I did see, we looked pi$$ poor again....Another striker, a couple of decent centre-halves (or is there ANYBODY at ALL coming up through the ranks, if we don't have a pot to pi$$ in ??), a decent winger either side and we might have a half decent shout of a Useless Cup position at the end of this season...

mate, you should have watched the first half then, we were all over them.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Draw was a fair result by the finish but when you start a game with Lucas and Spearing in the middle flanked by Maxi and Kuyt then we cant complain at not doing enough to win. Bolster the midfield by all means but its overkill in there and it is not stopping the rot. At least change it in the last 20 and try and win the thing. Benitez, Hodgson and now Dagger all falling into the same trap when results show its not working. I just hope they have a different perspective when Gerrard returns.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Steve Crooks » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:28 pm

only me wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Guess what buddy this isn't that season and he isn't being serviced a lousy chip ,so as this is the case the 2 strikers option is the best one we have for now.

I just thank the lord that Kenny is the boss and not your good self!
Steve Crooks

Postby ethanr » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:44 pm

metalhead wrote:
ethanr wrote:
metalhead wrote:

I think so, was involved in most of the attacks, almost set up one for Maxi at the end when he closed down disten really well. I agree, I think he gave the ball way too much, but that happened in the second half. I didn't like his role to be honest, I think I prefer him to be in a conventional midfield central role, he played a bit higher for me today.

True.  Maybe I was just getting so frustrated.  I don't know I wasn't too impressed.  Maybe that's why he seemed out of position to me so much tho, like you said he was playing much further forward.  I guess he had Gerrard's shoes to fill with Lucas and Spearing behind him.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games