NORWICH VS LIVERPOOL September 29, 2012 15.00 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:45 am

Liverpool travel to Norwich aiming to get their first win of the season against a side that's unbeaten at home.

Injuries
Norwich City - Kane, Pilkington, Bassong, Lappin and Whittaker
Liverpool FC - Kelly, Lucas, Cole, Borini and Agger

Past Results
28.04.2012 Norwich City 0-3 Liverpool
22.10.2011 Liverpool 1-1 Norwich City
03.01.2005 Norwich City 1-2 Liverpool
25.09.2004 Liverpool 3-0 Norwich City
29.04.1995 Norwich City 1-2 Liverpool
02.01.1995 Liverpool 4-0 Norwich City
30.04.1994 Liverpool 0-1 Norwich City
05.02.1994 Norwich City 2-2 Liverpool
01.05.1993 Norwich City 1-0 Liverpool
25.10.1992 Liverpool 4-1 Norwich City

Players to Watch
Robert Snodgrass
The Scottish winger is entering his peak footballing years and has been one of the major attacking threats for Norwich City. Snodgrass has scored one of only two goals scored by Norwich this season and his presence down the right flank will pose problems for Liverpool. Rodgers likes to play with his full backs high up the pitch and Snodgrass will be looking to exploit the space left in behind.

Luis Suarez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpOO2LdytSI&feature=player_embedded

Would you keep Johnson on the left while Wisdom goes on the right, or would you re-call Enrique to the left while Johnson goes on the right?

Since Borini is unlikely to play, which front 3 would you prefer. From Suarez, Pacheco, Suso, Downing, Sterling and Assaidi?

Is Shelvey still suspended? If so, Sahin or Henderson to take his place?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby only me » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:53 am

When is Agger expected to Return?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:40 am

On the official website Rodgers hints that both Borini and Agger could play Saturday so i wouldnt rule either out yet. Saying that even if Borini was fully fit i would give him a place on the bench.

Shelvey is still suspended got a 3 game ban so Sahin should definetely take him place in a midfield 3. I would bring Enrique back in at left back he showed some great stuff last season although it did drift off a touch.

Reina
Johnson    Skrtel       Agger     Enrique

Allen       Sahin
                      Gerrard
Sterling                               Assaidi
                    Suarez

We could win 3-0 or we could draw 1-1

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:42 am

I wouldn't play Agger as he's too much of an injury risk. As for Borini...I would prefer Assaidi. He's exactly what we've been missing for years, along with Sterling and Suso. It's refreshing to see players with skills and trickery to fool opposition.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:38 am

Just having a nose on the Norwich Forums they seem pretty confident of doing us tommorow

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:27 am

LFC1990 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:38 am wrote:Just having a nose on the Norwich Forums they seem pretty confident of doing us tommorow

There's nothing wrong with a bit of positivity, though if we perform how we played against West Brom on Wesnesday, then I'll think we'll be picking up our first 3 points of the season.
Boxscarf

Postby The Raven » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:46 am

There is no way in hell these lot are going to beat us!

With any luck we will start  Sahin and Assaidi and Suso tomorrow, Borini can have the day off.
The Raven

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:33 pm

I definitely want to see BR give Sahin and Assaidi a good hour tomorrow after their good performances on Wednesday.
These games are ones we should be winning and we have to look at this game being the start of our season and after the way the youngsters have performed up to now they deserve the chance to be the ones to do that.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Hustler » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:01 pm

I hope we get our first win at Norwich.

if we can't beat these, then we may as well pack it all in and start and Ice Hockey team instead. :)
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:18 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:40 am wrote:On the official website Rodgers hints that both Borini and Agger could play Saturday so i wouldnt rule either out yet. Saying that even if Borini was fully fit i would give him a place on the bench.

Shelvey is still suspended got a 3 game ban so Sahin should definetely take him place in a midfield 3. I would bring Enrique back in at left back he showed some great stuff last season although it did drift off a touch.

Reina

Allen       Sahin
                      Gerrard
                    Suarez

isnt enrique injured or something mate? i thought i read that his poor form this season has been down to an injury he`s had since pre season that he cant shake off.
with enrique carrying a knock i`d probably play robinson at LB or move johnson over there and bring wisdom in on the right.
apart from that your side looks pretty good, if that does turn out to be the side that rodgers goes with then suso can consider himself a bit unlucky not to make the starting XI but i`m sure he`ll get on at some stage.
there`s a sizable gap between us and the top clubs but with 3 points for a win and 8 months of the season still to go we are not out of this, but we do need to start stringing long runs of victories together, tomorrow would be a good starting point.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Raoul » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:08 pm

Reina

Johnson
Skrtel
Coates (assuming Agger isn't quite right - but Rodgers will start Carra if Agger isn't right)
Enrique (he hasn't been playing well, but he needs game time and with Kelly out now is the perfect time)

Allen
Sahin
Gerrard

Suso
Suarez
Sterling

Jones
Wisdom
Carragher/Agger
Henderson
Assaidi
Pacheco
Borini
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Reina
Johnson    Skrtel       Coates     Enrique (i think he might play Downing if he's injured)

Allen       Hendo/Sahin
                     Gerrard
Sterling                               Susso
                   Suarez

I think it might be our first clean sheet of the season
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Mike Jones is the ref.  We have 1 draw and 4 losses in the 5 games he has been the ref, including our 4-0 loss to spurs last year where we got 2 red cards, and our beach ball game at sunderland.

It'd be nice if for once the refs started feel in bad for all the Sh*t we're dealing with and give us a break, instead of screwing us further.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:18 pm wrote:
LFC1990 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:40 am wrote:On the official website Rodgers hints that both Borini and Agger could play Saturday so i wouldnt rule either out yet. Saying that even if Borini was fully fit i would give him a place on the bench.

Reina

Allen       Sahin
                      Gerrard
                    Suarez

isnt enrique injured or something mate? i thought i read that his poor form this season has been down to an injury he`s had since pre season that he cant shake off.
with enrique carrying a knock i`d probably play robinson at LB or move johnson over there and bring wisdom in on the right.
apart from that your side looks pretty good, if that does turn out to be the side that rodgers goes with then suso can consider himself a bit unlucky not to make the starting XI but i`m sure he`ll get on at some stage.
there`s a sizable gap between us and the top clubs but with 3 points for a win and 8 months of the season still to go we are not out of this, but we do need to start stringing long runs of victories together, tomorrow would be a good starting point.

Havent heard any injury news on Enrique and Rodgers never commented on it when he spoke about Kelly Borini or Agger. To be honest Enrique drifted off the pace at the back end of last year but to be fair to him i probably noticed because he was such a diamond and the start of his career here.

I think Id play Robinson at Left back as he needs the confidence and needs the game time more than wisdom i think. As i believe when Kelly gets back Wisdoms chances will be very limited.

We need to think about ourselves for the moment just getting the 3 points. But Spurs are away to united tommorow so there will be points dropped by our rivals no matter what happens and the same in the chelsea Arsenal Game. If both ended up a draw and we win

We would be 9 points behind chelsea 8 behind man utd 5 behind arsenal and 4 behind spurs. With ouur next 3 premier league games Stoke Home Reading Home Everton Away.

I dont want to get carried away but If we just keep winning we will make up ground

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby The Hustler » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:15 pm

ethanr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:49 pm wrote:Mike Jones is the ref.  We have 1 draw and 4 losses in the 5 games he has been the ref, including our 4-0 loss to spurs last year where we got 2 red cards, and our beach ball game at sunderland.

It'd be nice if for once the refs started feel in bad for all the Sh*t we're dealing with and give us a break, instead of screwing us further.

Thats it, start blaming the refs
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games