NORWICH VS LIVERPOOL September 29, 2012 15.00 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The Hustler » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:36 pm

tubby » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:53 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:50 pm wrote:
Octsky » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:47 pm wrote:allen, sahin playing really well in midfield.
and we have a player like suso who can pass and dribble.
u rarely get a player like that.

The kids too. Kinda suprised Kenny, with his approach, didn't look to the youngesters more. Coulda saved his tenure.

Great stuff all over. Agger is playing well. Gerrards controlling things. Suarez is looking hungry and sharp. Wouldn't be suprised if he got five or six today.

Where's Hustler? He's usually moaning right about now.

Right here.

Finally, a performance we can be proud of. We should be stuffing these teams, and we are!  :buttrock
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:36 pm

Joe Allen has been superb yet again.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:45 pm

I think our real problem this season is going to be defence. Norwich have had some very good chances themselves that they haven't taken this game.
kartiek

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm not impressed with Reina. He's been making so many mistakes this season.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby The Hustler » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:48 pm

going well until two goals conceded.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Great stuff today. Sure it wasn't perfect, but who gives a sh*t. First league win of the season and we always looked like winning from beginning to end. Let the coaches look at the negatives.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby kartiek » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:54 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:48 pm wrote:I'm not impressed with Reina. He's been making so many mistakes this season.

I thought he was pretty good today actually, apart from the loose kick outside of the penalty area.
kartiek

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Yeah that's twice now Skrtel's sloppiness has led to a goal. On the other hand nice to see how quickly Andre Wisdom is settling in.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Gutted I missed the 1st half. Great to see everything clicking finally. Not a turning point, a result like this was going to come sooner or later, but definitely something to build on. The lads must be buzzing, after plenty of disappointment they've now got the reward they've deserved.

Wonderful!
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:04 pm

tubby » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:54 pm wrote:Yeah that's twice now Skrtel's sloppiness has led to a goal. On the other hand nice to see how quickly Andre Wisdom is settling in.

Absolutely, this lad really came out of nothing for me. I had no idea he was progressing so well, looks really solid with possession and passing.

Literally every single game of this season, we've had a goal gifted to the opposition at the hands of Gerrard, Skrtel or Johnson. Johnson's been good otherwise, and today Stevie was great.
kartiek

Postby ethanr » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:07 pm

I must say even at 3-0 up I was still nervous because I know how we've played at times this season.  They scored and I started to get really nervous.  We played really well, but managed to leak a couple goals again.  If we don't stop that, how are we supposed to compete?  Norwich missed a couple of sitters to be honest, and that would have put them right back in the game.  We really need to tighten up back there and get things sorted.

With that said, absolutely thrilled with our offensive performance.  We play like that week in week out and we won't lose many games.  Suarez, Suso, Sterling, Sahin and Stevie were all really good, so pretty much if your name starts with an "S" you're golden.  Allen had another good game, and Assaidi and Hendo looked good when they came on.  Well done by Wisdom and Johnson on the wings offensively as well.  Skrtel had that slip, but other than that him and Agger were decent.

One of our main problems I noticed is that when we switch Johnson to the left, he's guarding the byline with his weaker foot, and with a young inexperienced player at RB, we're always really prone to giving up crosses.  We gave up an absolutely ridiculous amount of crosses today, and we were lucky they didn't really capitalize off of them (and they should have)  I'm not sure what the Enrique situation is, but I feel we need to get Johnson back on the right.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:27 pm

67% possession
maypaxvobiscum

Postby only me » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Excellent display of team football ,great execution ,great build up of plays ,patience and confidence on the ball.
Most noticable today Suarez and Joe Allen.

Room for improvment ,Defence is shakey as hell ,Norwich had too many shots at goal ,way too many ,particulary shakey were Reina and Skertel (two goals already his total fault).

Surprising spot ,Wisdom ,i can see him fit in the Center defence replacing Skertel tomorrow.

Great Display overall lets keep it rolling.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:26 pm

not seen any of the game yet, happy with the result, bit unhappy we let 2 goals in.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:31 pm

lakes10 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:26 pm wrote:not seen any of the game yet, happy with the result, bit unhappy we let 2 goals in.

It's stupid to criticize after winning a game in which we scored 5 goals, but it's fair to say that we were lucky to concede only 2 goals. Our defending definitely needs looking into.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games