CL: Liverpool V Ludogorets Tue - Sep 16th KO 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:39 pm

So glad we won, but we made very hard work of it. Formation was wrong to begin. I understand new players are bedding in, but come on, we were very sluggish. Having said that, Sanchez and Costa are not having any problems as new players at their respective clubs. If a player is good, hungry and aggressive enough they will do very well. What was Mingers doing for their goal. I think Balotelli will get better, he is not 100% fit?, hence that is maybe why he was quite static in his movement.
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby only me » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:40 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:37 pm wrote:Drop Gerrard he said....

Pathetic don't you think...Because of a penalty shot he gets immunity really? didn't you see the goal we conceded? the Chances they created? the gaps in-front of the CB's (which are still shiite)...Stevie has still a big part to play but to claim he is an automatic pick or that he even had a good game...Oh well...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Jesus H Corbett...what a game. It was great and awful all at the same time, but we live to fight another day  :buttrock

BR has to lose that formation tho...Mario is NEVER a lone striker and we end up with 4-6-0 shape for most of the game. It's not working without Strurridge, so play 4-4-2 or go back to the drawing  board.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:41 pm

They actually didn't look bad at all considering they're from the Bulgarian league, but holy f*ck we have to step it up if we want to get out of the group stage.

We just look like we're lacking that finishing touch to score... Sturridge back should help, but we need somebody to pitch in, more than one person really.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby C-R » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:41 pm

Shocking performance but we won. Needs to change. Ludogorets did well to be fair. Balotelli is off the mark. Need to stick w/ diamond.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Redman in wales » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:38 pm wrote:
Boocity » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:35 pm wrote:
Redman in wales » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:32 pm wrote:mignolets at fault for that

No gerard and Lucas shouldn't have been so far up the pitch in the last minute

no they shouldn't have been. but mig still at fault. if he had stayed on his line it wouldnt have been a goal. his shot stopping is second to none, the moment he comes that far out he's done for

Mig was at fault, which is a shame as I thought he played really well today. Never mind, 3 points on the board and an away tie with fc Basel next.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:42 pm

We got out of that by the skin of our teeth.

Wake up Brendan ! this is NOT player manager  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:43 pm

f*cking f*ck man! f*cking f*ck!

Who needs nails anyway.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:46 pm

no they shouldn't have been. but mig still at fault. if he had stayed on his line it wouldnt have been a goal. his shot stopping is second to none, the moment he comes that far out he's done for[/quote]
Mig was at fault, which is a shame as I thought he played really well today. Never mind, 3 points on the board and an away tie with fc Basel next.[/quote]

Let's give Lovern and Mig the "Credit" ,Dejan Again completly caught out of position and Mig should have never left his line...
I would drop Dejan for Skertel ...Sakho doesn't look very good himself but Dejan already cost us 2-3 goals because of stupidity...Him And Skertel together would make it the league of morons...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:49 pm

Shyte performance. Won that by the skin of our teeth. Fowler had it spot on "Madrid would have ruined Liverpool tonight"
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:49 pm

I really don't think one up front is going to work for us. Also, the pressing, fast flowing movement was not there at all. BR needs to think seriously about the formations he wants to employ, cause at the moment the are not working.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Boocity » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:51 pm

Redman in wales » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:38 pm wrote:
Boocity » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:35 pm wrote:
Redman in wales » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:32 pm wrote:mignolets at fault for that

No gerard and Lucas shouldn't have been so far up the pitch in the last minute

no they shouldn't have been. but mig still at fault. if he had stayed on his line it wouldnt have been a goal. his shot stopping is second to none, the moment he comes that far out he's done for

Yes watching it again, mig went wondering into no mans land and should have stayed put
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Coutinho was poor.  I think don't think Lallana is anywhere near match fit/sharp.

We NEED to play 2 up front,  with the diamond.

3 home games this season 3 p!ss poor performances

things have to improve surely ?!
Kopite-Jud

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:58 pm

That was one of those games where the win was more important than the performance, if we failed to beat them at home we would have been right up against it.
We undeniably made heavy weather of it though, they cut through us like a knife through butter on more than one occassion and if it wasn't for a post and a wonder tackle from Moreno that could have been embaressing.
You can see the concern on Brendan's face, he knows we just aren't playing well ATM.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Kash_Mountain » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:49 pm wrote:I really don't think one up front is going to work for us. Also, the pressing, fast flowing movement was not there at all. BR needs to think seriously about the formations he wants to employ, cause at the moment the are not working.

With Suarez gone and Sturidge out I'm not that convinced he actually knows .

IMO he certainly got his starting eleven and initial formation wrong tonight.  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games