EVERTON VS LIVERPOOL - Mersyside derby  , 29/11/09 , 13:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Bad Bob wrote:2) Reina has taken some, IMHO, undue criticism of late for not being a great shot stopper but that was an absolutely brilliant double save at a vital moment.  A true game changer.

I nearly soiled myself when he dropped the ball behind him though Bob :D   but I agree it was a fantastic double save.
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:03 pm

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:2) Reina has taken some, IMHO, undue criticism of late for not being a great shot stopper but that was an absolutely brilliant double save at a vital moment.  A true game changer.

I nearly soiled myself when he dropped the ball behind him though Bob :D   but I agree it was a fantastic double save.

I think he did too...the look on his face was pure terror!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Absolutely delighted with that today, a win when it was needed most and against that lot ten times better!!!

Having said that, we were poor again and won for two reasons...

1)  Luck
2)  Reina

We deserved luck though, we've not had our fair share this season and I was delighted at the effort of most of our players.  I say most, because I couldn't understand what Gerrard's problem was today - he played poorly, fair enough it happens to the best, but he stood still when he lost the ball and not until very late in the game did he actually start tracking back and helping the midfield.  Maybe he isn't fully fit, maybe he's just doing what he's told by Benitez, but by his standards he was pi.ss poor again.  More of a worry for me than anything else this season is how poor Gerrard's been, I hope it is just that he's not fully fit, but if his powers are starting to fade then it's bad news.

Hopefully though this can be a stepping stone and we can build on the win by going a stuffing Blackburn next week instead of getting beaten badly like we did straight after the United result by Fulham.

Everton have to feel seriously disheartened by that - they're playing even worse than us at the moment and have even worse luck with injuries, yet they played really well today and came away with nothing... brilliant :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:05 pm

redhayesy wrote:
bigmick wrote:It's a strange because one because I've read it a couple of times and I still can't work out if you're having a pop at me, or telling me to have a pop at other people :D. I do get to see quite a few of the games mate in fairness, and afterwards I see all of them. I tend not to comment too much on whats happened if at all until I've actually seen it (for obvious reasons).

What I'm saying here is that it's a good win and could be the start of a run. I don't need to have seen the game to say something as obvious as that. TBH I'm not sure what you mean by the PC thing so I can't really argue it either way.

look mate, please don't try an assoiciate me with fecking 'wet behind the ears' fans that get on here, ffs i know your game, example-(quote) if we were a bit lucky today etc- how the feck can you make comments like that when you say you didn't watch the game! enough said, look i'm not looking for an argument, an you won't get one- cause i'm enjoying our win today- which i saw all of it! an we weren't lucky end of.

but also sneaky comments like- obviosly whoever is the manager next season etc etc... listen, you are entitled to your opinion, but don't insult my intelligence, by trying to get a reaction to cause an argument about raffa etc, it's so patronising an i for one will in future choose to ignore comments like that.

after you have watched the game (please do) you will enjoy the result i hope as much as i'm doing an will continue to do so for a long time.

that's not having a pop at you, i'm just pointing out a couple of things that you have said in the past, but posting an opinion on a game you haven't even seen, is annoying (for obvious reasons).

When I say "if we were a bit lucky then it's about time" and freely admit that I haven't seen the match (I was merely going by what everyone else is saying, and note the word IF) and you choose to get wound up by it, then there's nowhere I can really go from there.

Similarly, "whoever is the manager next season it's vital we get fourth" is a dig at the manager? Presumeably when I said we'd won our last two and hadn't conceded a goal, and that I didn't give a feck about the performance that was not good enough either? 

Fair play anyway, thanks for making your feelings nice and clear. We'll ignore each other from now on fella, suits me fine. It really is very odd around here though. I was in bed while the match was on (sorry about that) and I get up and see we've won 2-0. I then discover that while I've been asleep people are openly assuming I won't be happy that we've won, and then when I say I am happy that we've won and if the reports about us being a bit lucky are true I don't give a feck, I'm still a c... :laugh:.

Maybe I'll understand it one day but I wouldn't bet on it. Anyways, ignore is all good by me, least we know where we are.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:18 pm

john craig wrote:Absolutely delighted with that today, a win when it was needed most and against that lot ten times better!!!

Having said that, we were poor again and won for two reasons...

1)  Luck
2)  Reina

We deserved luck though, we've not had our fair share this season and I was delighted at the effort of most of our players.  I say most, because I couldn't understand what Gerrard's problem was today - he played poorly, fair enough it happens to the best, but he stood still when he lost the ball and not until very late in the game did he actually start tracking back and helping the midfield.  Maybe he isn't fully fit, maybe he's just doing what he's told by Benitez, but by his standards he was pi.ss poor again.  More of a worry for me than anything else this season is how poor Gerrard's been, I hope it is just that he's not fully fit, but if his powers are starting to fade then it's bad news.

Hopefully though this can be a stepping stone and we can build on the win by going a stuffing Blackburn next week instead of getting beaten badly like we did straight after the United result by Fulham.

Everton have to feel seriously disheartened by that - they're playing even worse than us at the moment and have even worse luck with injuries, yet they played really well today and came away with nothing... brilliant :laugh:

Whilst agreeing with the gist of your post JC, (we did ride our luck and Reina was outstanding) I thought we did the old Mohammed Ali "Rope a Dope" trick. We clung on , took all they threw at us, and come midway through the second half there was only one team left that wasn't playing sunday league football and they (we) won .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:29 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Whilst agreeing with the gist of your post JC, (we did ride our luck and Reina was outstanding) I thought we did the old Mohammed Ali "Rope a Dope" trick. We clung on , took all they threw at us, and come midway through the second half there was only one team left that wasn't playing sunday league football and they (we) won .

Maybe so woofster,

but while Ali's 'rope-a-dope' was a tactic, our inability to control the game today wasn't, we can't ignore that.  Everton punched themselves out, you're right about that, but when was the last time we saw so little of the ball and were under as much pressure as today?  Not since the days when we had the likes of Babb and Harkness trying to deal with Duncan Ferguson's aerial threat.  We battled but had no fluidity.  Everton battled just as hard and 9 times out of 10 would have won that game today, but as I said before we were due some luck.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:47 pm

Great result today, especially pleased to get a clean sheet plus the fact the bitters will be fuming is an added bonus. I though Masch and the two centre-halves were very good today and Reina was simply the difference between the two sides. man of the match by a country mile.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:38 pm

john craig wrote:I say most, because I couldn't understand what Gerrard's problem was today - he played poorly, fair enough it happens to the best, but he stood still when he lost the ball and not until very late in the game did he actually start tracking back and helping the midfield.  Maybe he isn't fully fit, maybe he's just doing what he's told by Benitez, but by his standards he was pi.ss poor again.

I'm certain he's injured, that's not just bad form. I watched him closely today because as you say he was so poor (relative to his usual level) and at times he was virtually limping. He was avoiding tackles he would normally have relished and was doing much less sprinting than he normally would. His passing was way off today - to me it looked like he was in pain and that affected his balance and timing.

He did well for the second goal, he had to really stretch then, but it was a goal scoring opportunity and worth the risk.

The question is will it fully settle if he keeps playing every week? Can we afford to rest him the way we are resting Torres in the hope that we will get the real 'all over the pitch' Stevie back again? Should he have surgery and hopefully get back in a month? Difficult.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:55 pm

:laugh:  :laugh: OH FECKING YES YOU SHOWER OF DIRTY BITTER BA.STARDS TAKE THAT .

Handball, fuc.k off ref, YOUR SH.ITE :laugh:  :laugh:

yobo i fecking love you  :nod an i love Javier an all an dirk an Pepe an Lucas, an im bevvied so i mught just go to bed .

TON TON TON
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:03 am

Oh an Stevie is playing with an injection before an after the game, only 30 percent fit in my book . but still battled an won the assist for Dirks goal.

Ilove being a red i fecking love it,  :nod
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:11 am

i no im spammin but were is everyone we beat the bitters an its like a ghost town, maybe everyone out on the ale , ive had enough ale im off to bed ,

FECKING GET IN THERE  :laugh:  :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:15 am

Nice to see you enjoying the win anyway Nanny :D
account deleted by request

Postby killerp » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:16 am

No Aquilani game time  :down:

Is Rafa trying to prove a point with him?

Why play a 30% fit Gerrard high on horse tranquilizer & not play at least a 95% fit Aquilani? Madness

:Oo:
killerp

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:17 am

OH ONE MORE BEFORE I GO 

OH OH OH OH OH JAVIER MASCHERANO
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:27 am

s@int wrote:Nice to see you enjoying the win anyway Nanny :D

Typical derby Saint . long balls, hit an miss , we were cra.p ,they were :censored: but who cares at the end of the day we beat the  bitters .  :laugh: i love YOBO :nod

An that game was no place for Aqualinni imo, An felacio you dirty g.et of a player orrible
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games