EVERTON VS LIVERPOOL - Mersyside derby  , 29/11/09 , 13:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:25 pm

JoeTerp wrote:GET THE FECK IN!!!!!!

:D

:D
account deleted by request

Postby redhayesy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:30 pm

bigmick wrote:Well I didn't see any of the match so I don't give a feck about the performance. The main thing is we won again, all long runs begin with scratchy little encounters here and there. We won in Hungary without conceding a goal, and we won at Goodison without conceding a goal. Sometimes you've got to knock one in off your erse a couple of times at the start, and hopefully that's what's happening for us. If we were a bit lucky, it's about time lets be honest.

All in all it's been a perfect weekend for us as all our rivals failed to win. Villa and Spurs drawing was the perfect result of that match, while City simply cannot buy a win. Even Arsenal will surely have been damaged by their mauling, so all in all it couldn't have beeen better as far as we're concerned.

I must confess to being a little disappointed that one of the mods has made the claim that I would be gutted at the win as it'd cause me to write something different in the aftermath. It's a shame that, but given the way things have been recently I'm not too surprised unfortunately.

Anyway all that aside, the main thing is we won and we didn't concede a goal again. If we can stay in the hunt for the top four until our best players become fit, then we surely must have a huge chance. Obviously whoever is the manager next season, it is vital that we achieve that at least if we possibly can

why be so PC mate, god don't be so fecking nicey, nicey all the time, cause there is plenty of times i read your posts an think - p1ss off you really can't say that etc cause you didn't see the game etc, like today- what a classic example, some people have the nerve to critise today's performance- i'm telling you -they can feck off! there is no other way to say it.

we beat the bitters! we showed great team spirit,great determination etc to win the game end of.

the issue i have is that people who didn't or don't watch a game for what ever reason, come on here an just jump on the bandwagon, that we are sh1t, lack passion, team spirit etc can feck off!

(oh but i'm a super fan, who lives in cloud cukoo land)

no- i'm a LFC fan who is enjoying beating our biggest rival's an get p1ssed off with people who try an dampen that with pathetic
jibes, rather than just enjoy the victory an what it stands for.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:35 pm

It's a strange because one because I've read it a couple of times and I still can't work out if you're having a pop at me, or telling me to have a pop at other people :D. I do get to see quite a few of the games mate in fairness, and afterwards I see all of them. I tend not to comment too much on whats happened if at all until I've actually seen it (for obvious reasons).

What I'm saying here is that it's a good win and could be the start of a run. I don't need to have seen the game to say something as obvious as that. TBH I'm not sure what you mean by the PC thing so I can't really argue it either way.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:43 pm

bigmick wrote:I must confess to being a little disappointed that one of the mods has made the claim that I would be gutted at the win as it'd cause me to write something different in the aftermath.

Apologies Mick if i've interpreted your stance that a Liverpool win would somehow undermine your opinion on Rafa or the teams performance.

Forgive me for thinking  that despite the three points you'd take little comfort from the manner of the win.

I'm sure that in your own fashion you're behind the team and the manager every step of the way.

I do wish however that you (of all people) would recognise that
one of the mods
can be just as passionate and controversial as yourself. Being a mod surely doesn't mean I have to apply for a Swiss passport ?

I have no problem if you refer to me by my forum monicker and not just "one of the mods"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mkingdom » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:03 pm

Bloody hell...only 16 pages for a derby match.  Where is everyone???

Didn't see the game...recording it on LFC TV later.

A win is a win, don't care how.  Need to go on a run now, and all is not lost.  Chelsea look unstoppable, but lets see how high we can finish and we might as well win the Europa now :;):

We need Torres back asap, and the cheque book out in Jan please
mkingdom

Postby redhayesy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:13 pm

bigmick wrote:It's a strange because one because I've read it a couple of times and I still can't work out if you're having a pop at me, or telling me to have a pop at other people :D. I do get to see quite a few of the games mate in fairness, and afterwards I see all of them. I tend not to comment too much on whats happened if at all until I've actually seen it (for obvious reasons).

What I'm saying here is that it's a good win and could be the start of a run. I don't need to have seen the game to say something as obvious as that. TBH I'm not sure what you mean by the PC thing so I can't really argue it either way.

look mate, please don't try an assoiciate me with fecking 'wet behind the ears' fans that get on here, ffs i know your game, example-(quote) if we were a bit lucky today etc- how the feck can you make comments like that when you say you didn't watch the game! enough said, look i'm not looking for an argument, an you won't get one- cause i'm enjoying our win today- which i saw all of it! an we weren't lucky end of.

but also sneaky comments like- obviosly whoever is the manager next season etc etc... listen, you are entitled to your opinion, but don't insult my intelligence, by trying to get a reaction to cause an argument about raffa etc, it's so patronising an i for one will in future choose to ignore comments like that.

after you have watched the game (please do) you will enjoy the result i hope as much as i'm doing an will continue to do so for a long time.

that's not having a pop at you, i'm just pointing out a couple of things that you have said in the past, but posting an opinion on a game you haven't even seen, is annoying (for obvious reasons).
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:26 pm

mkingdom wrote:Bloody hell...only 16 pages for a derby match.  Where is everyone???

We won mate, half the forum aren't sure if they should be celebrating. The other half are already busy getting p'issed .   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:28 pm

We have played much better this season and came away with nothing

Ill take the 3 points but up until Everton started to get tired in the 70 min we were the second best team and were very lucky to be ahead at that stage. Why we were sitting back so much ill never know, but as soon as we scored we just let Everton come at us. Just like we did when we scored against City last week.

The lack of creativity in the middle is becoming a big worry for me at the moment, too much sideways passes and going back. Gerrard looked a shadow of himself to day, if he is not fully fit then fair enough but at times too me it looked like he could be bothered, especially when it came to tracking back. Kuyt never gave up and deserved his goal and Pepe proved his worth once again

3 points is 3 points but we are a far way of the team we were in the second half of last season
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:33 pm

An older Liverpool fan being helped to his seat by some of the Everton Fans

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:33 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
mkingdom wrote:Bloody hell...only 16 pages for a derby match.  Where is everyone???

We won mate, half the forum aren't sure if they should be celebrating. The other half are already busy getting p'issed .   :D

spot on mate, one things for sure- for me the beers are going down a treat! WE FECKING BEAT THE BITTERS!     

:D  that is one great reason for celebrating end of!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:45 pm

Dundalk wrote:We have played much better this season and came away with nothing

Ill take the 3 points but up until Everton started to get tired in the 70 min we were the second best team and were very lucky to be ahead at that stage. Why we were sitting back so much ill never know, but as soon as we scored we just let Everton come at us. Just like we did when we scored against City last week.

The lack of creativity in the middle is becoming a big worry for me at the moment, too much sideways passes and going back. Gerrard looked a shadow of himself to day, if he is not fully fit then fair enough but at times too me it looked like he could be bothered, especially when it came to tracking back. Kuyt never gave up and deserved his goal and Pepe proved his worth once again

3 points is 3 points but we are a far way of the team we were in the second half of last season

I just think we need a little more confidence. We have now won two on the bounce which should help, Torres should be back soon, Aquilani must be in line for more than a cameo appearance and Riera's return should help give us extra width and balance.   

Things are looking much brighter than they were.

The result today was all important, these derby games are never about how you played, just that you get the win.

They are all fair points you make DD and we will certainly need to improve , but 3 points and another clean sheet will do me for today mate.

Postby Dundalk » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:49 pm

I know Everton were tired when he came on but I though Riera showed a bit more control and experience when he came on. We looked a little more balanced with him.

But your right S@int, a fully fit Gerrard, Aqua and Torres will make a huge difference

Roll on Blackburn next week
Last edited by Dundalk on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:49 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

Correction. (After a quick scan.)

Those that have had the most to say after we fail to win are apparently lost for words when we do and have logged out.

Meanwhile the rest of us are STILL getting pi'ssed   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Great result today...all the better because the performance was nothing to write home about.  I'm sure the blue half are wound up something awful tonight.  :D

ifithadnerbinferyoboandifithadnerbinferreina... :;):

Couple of interesting moments from today that touch on recent debates:

1) the second Jo goal chalked off for offside is precisely why we don't put a man on the post during corners

2) Reina has taken some, IMHO, undue criticism of late for not being a great shot stopper but that was an absolutely brilliant double save at a vital moment.  A true game changer.

Hopefully now that we've strung a couple of scrappy wins together we can start finding our feet and upping the quality of our performances (we'll keeping the wins coming of course)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:55 pm

I am lost for words :laugh:

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games