Burnley v Liverpool 26th December 2023 5.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:21 pm

If we didn't know how important Jota was ... we do now.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:21 pm

should have been 3.
Salah has lost 3 yards of pace
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Boocity » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:22 pm

Ditto
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:22 pm

Have to say, despite my whinging, we've been solid in defence.

VVD is back to his best and Quansah has been excellent.  I also think Gomez has again put in a good performance.

Endo is also improving with every game.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:25 pm

FT 2-0 TOTT
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:25 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:21 am wrote:should have been 3.

What about Dias on 87 minutes when one on one with the goalie? Should have scored that every time. :angry:

Anyone who thinks we're title contenders is dreaming....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:29 pm

Reg » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:25 pm wrote:

What about Dias on 87 minutes when one on one with the goalie? Should have scored that every time. :angry:

With 1 or 2 signings, we could be.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:32 pm

Reg » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:25 pm wrote:

Not rating Diaz much, toothless and not contributing much. Nunez scoring once in a blue moon. How many goal threat lost once Salah heading to AFCON? No playmaker able to dictate our play. Harvey and Jones can only do so much and we are missing chances and struggling when a title challenger shouldn't

Not too excited tbh...but we are still mixing it at the top now, so I'll take this for now
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:21 pm

Il take it  :laugh:  Not great at all but scrappy wins are the theme of the season so at least we are consistent in that regard!!

Defensively we are looking a lot better but against better opposition maybe not so much. Wasn't an issue today anyway.

We don't have any leaders in the squad. Thought Trent would step up this year but seems to have taken a step back most weeks. We are were we are imo through team spirit and hard work ahead of quality performances. The klopp effect!!

It was said before the game that Nunez has no goals or assists in 780 minutes which is poor. Delighted he scored today but then looked like it will be another 780 minutes before he does it again. If he came through the Academy or cost say 20 mil then there isn't much issue but for 85 mil he's looking a bust.

Diaz for me is awful. Came in to the club and was infectious with his running and desire to get in behind. He caused serious problems for defences but now he's struggling to even pass a defender. Couldn't hit a barn door either when he came and it's still the case imo.

Other than a pair of legs I'm struggling to see what Gakpo offers. He's a bit of a utility player but doesn't look like he's good enough too hold down any position.

Salah has lost a serious turn of pace and is looking like he won't be able for this next year. Certainly not playing 90 mins every week anyway.

We could do with signing someone in January but I don't think we have the appetite for that given our position now.

Top of the league anyway which I'm delighted with!!  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:24 pm

A few things I hope...
Surely the front 3, even without Mo when he goes to AFCON, cannot be AS shyte AFTER Christmas as they've been BEFORE Christmas ?
Surely things will click, given the ability Nunez, Gakpo and Jota have between them ?
Surely we'll get a break on the injury front - fook knows how many are on the injury table right now.....I've lost count at this stage ?
Surely the dodgy decisions will go our way for a change (and I'm not a conspiracy theorist !) ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Eagle » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:15 am

Game should have been buried at half time but we got the result. Klopp 2.0 is displaying the same immaturity that Klopp 1.0 showed in it's early years with the lack of patience and calm (especially in the final third) and ability to properly control games, before we went on to become a well oiled machine. But I never imagined we'd be sitting where we are in the table 19 games in when we totally ripped up our midfield in the summer. Really been a job well done so far.

P.S. The stuff people are saying about Diaz is pretty similar to what many were saying about Jota last year when he went on a long run without scoring. I think it was about 30 appearances over the course of about 12 months and people were saying he's ***** and we should get rid. And now he's back to his best. Diaz is going to through a rough patch but as the saying goes form is temporary but class is permanent.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:43 pm

It’s was good enough and despite the emotion we were never going to lose or draw that, happy with the clean sheet. Happy for Darwin to score, it will help his confidence.

Two more terrible refereeing decisions that hurt us, first was a very soft foul when slow-moed and frozen at the right place was made to look like a leg breaker, but the offside was scandalous!! The defender marking Salah actually pushes him into an offside position with a straight arm, clear as hell yet even though the goalie was wrong footed somehow he would have saved it has Salah not been in the way, it’s incredible! Paul Tierney is such a c.unt and looking at his arms a hairy one at that, he really tried but thankfully he couldn’t impact the result.

Apparently Diaz recorded his first assist in 33 appearances. To be fair it was less an assist than a cop out, thankfully it was to Jota who didn’t waste the chance.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:32 am

Arsenal lost at West Ham, another is it in or out cross. Arteta will be moaning again lol.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:23 am

For all the criticism of some of our. players we  have just come through a period where we played Arsenal, City and United yet find ourselves top of the league.
Just highlights the importance of getting the job done by hook or by crook which to be fair to our players they are doing.
Lot of heart and guts in this team, we’ve only been beaten once and that was in very controversial circumstances.
This team has the potential to be league champions, when they play well no one can live with them, when they don’t play particularly well they still find a way of getting the job done.
COYR
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games