Man City v Liverpool 26th December 17.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Santa » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:24 pm wrote:I
And if Cissoko starts our next game, I think the club should give full refund to the supporter...it's just unfair to shortchange the fans with a lemon like him  :no

I've got a traffic cone that would make a better contribution.

Don't know how this fella has managed to con his way into the premier league, I've seen sunday league players that would embarrass him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:07 pm

We played possibly one of the most potent sides in terms of putting teams to the sword ,and we played them when they had 12 men...Magnificent
performance that should have seen us emerge with 3 points and for all the stick Skrtel and Sakho have received ,without them we would have been
opened up with ease and subsequently obliterated, like most defences that have travelled to the Etihad have had a tendency to do.

I'm proud of the reds tonight ,because we played at currently the most ominous of grounds and we took the game to them ,and with a touch more
composure in front of goal, and minus a linesman that clearly was awaiting a cataract operation then we could have walked away a couple of goals
to the good.

Joe Allen was brilliant  and pushed Yaya Toure to release the ball  hurriedly far more than I have seen any midfielder do this season,and Sterlings
movement was  once again exceptional.....Some of the reds play going forward was breath taking at times with Coutz , Suarez and Henderson.

Mignolets mishandling of a shot that would have at best scraped the crossbar is the defining difference between winning and losing at the home
of the champions to be.....there is no disgrace in that.

Bring on Chelsea.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Cracking overall performance. Another fine game by Sterling and unlucky not to score. Don't subscribe to the suggestions that we would have been better with Gerrard or Sturridge given that over the last there games without them we have played some of our best football in a very long time. Cissoko contributed absolutely nothing apart from one half decent cross and gave us nothing on the left. Mignolet makes a costly mistake and the officials were poor especially the blind linesman and they were the the key reasons why we didn't get anything fom the game and not the fact that Gerrad and Sturridge weren't playing. Mind you Gerrard could have played left back :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:51 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:33 pm wrote:
Santa » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:24 pm wrote:I
And if Cissoko starts our next game, I think the club should give full refund to the supporter...it's just unfair to shortchange the fans with a lemon like him  :no

I've got a traffic cone that would make a better contribution.

Don't know how this fella has managed to con his way into the premier league, I've seen sunday league players that would embarrass him.

Thought Ali was mediocre but kinda surprised the stick he is getting compared to his Counterpart on the right side of the pitch which was appalling to ridicules. We all know Ali is pretty much gone and over with but Glen...He was so pathetic ,useless and clueless he made Ali look average. And remind you he is here to stay....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:52 pm

Fantastic effort from the lads but against the elite sides you cant make a mistake, Mignolet, or miss sitters, and we did both.

Its very fine lines and a bit of luck is essential,l but really proud of the game our boys played today, brilliant.

We have a terrific manager, brave, many would have gone to close the game out at City but we took it too them, that's what
we want, that's Liverpool.

Really hope owners back him in January because he deserves it, we lost today , but everyone could see we have come on leaps
and bounds under Rodgers and more than matched an awesome City team without Gerrard and Sturridge and a third choice
left back.

We are a very good side and without the luxury of a never ending supply of money, let Rodgers loose a little financially and I
think he can do it for us, learning all the time and really connecting with the club.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:16 am

This game ,added to our previous games ,assured me we a worth a shot at the title this year. Margins are pretty tight and we are pretty thin so we might miss coming crunch time but the quality of football displayed by BR and lads really deserves appreciation and gratitude. At this level to win a game you can't have those lapses of concentration displayed by Simon and Sterling but overall team performance superb. Sturridge would have fit perfectly into this game, not sure as much with Stevie.

I see us beating Chelsea if we come prepared and focused as today.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:21 am

parchpea » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:52 pm wrote:Fantastic effort from the lads but against the elite sides you cant make a mistake, Mignolet, or miss sitters, and we did both.

Its very fine lines and a bit of luck is essential,l but really proud of the game our boys played today, brilliant.

We have a terrific manager, brave, many would have gone to close the game out at City but we took it too them, that's what
we want, that's Liverpool.

Really hope owners back him in January because he deserves it, we lost today , but everyone could see we have come on leaps
and bounds under Rodgers and more than matched an awesome City team without Gerrard and Sturridge and a third choice
left back.

We are a very good side and without the luxury of a never ending supply of money, let Rodgers loose a little financially and I
think he can do it for us, learning all the time and really connecting with the club.

Good post.

I think the owners must realise that they're reaching a crossroads here and with a little investment we'll not only bag a top 4 spot, but also have a run on the title.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:05 am

What gets me the most is how unlucky we've been against these. Last season we should have won both games but lady luck was on their side and they managed 2 draws. This time we should have had a bit of luck but they were the lucky ones again instead. Hope we f*cking smash them when they come to Anfield.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:16 am

Agree with the general sentiment in this match thread.

How a few week's changes everyone's expectations!

We are actually disappointed losing to the team every thinks will eventually run away with the league........AWAY!

I think with better finishing and with a few more better players we can actually rely on, we have a big chance of pushing Arsenal and City all the way this season.

Sterling has come on leaps and bounds in the last few weeks and is flourishing out on the wings, desperately unlucky to be given a BS offside in the 1st (in what I think was the worst decision made this season) and to miss that chance in the 2nd.

Suarez once again gave his all and Coutinho was brilliant. Henderson continues to develop into a better midfielder and I think both Skrtel and Sakho played well.

The only negatives is that our injuries are pilling on now and rubbish like Cissokho and Aspas needs to be cleared out ASAP.

Also alarming is the form of Glen Johnson, he is playing like dogs**t at the moment and as soon as Enrique and Flanagan are back he should be dropped.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:46 am

Excellent performance from the team. Bad misses, but at least we are creating them.

I also agree with Rodgers. The officials sucked. He does raise a good question, in a Manchester home game, why was a ref from greater Manchester appointed?

I suppose this is why im still upbeat about our performance. We were screwed by the refs, but the players never let themselves down.

That offside given, that never was, and Suarez yellow, that never was. A'holes.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:56 am

The ref was the difference between a point and a loss.

Good effort lads, let's take three from Chelsea!
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:52 am

Kenny Kan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:56 pm wrote:The ref was the difference between a point and a loss.

Good effort lads, let's take three from Chelsea!

Amen to that, happy as I can be from a Liverpool loss with that performance
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:56 am

I was steaming about some of the decisions given and not given, also disappointed with the performance of 2-3 players but overall a great effort from the team, we were deffo worth at least a point.

Same attitude against Chelsea and we could take all three  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:11 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:56 am wrote:I was steaming about some of the decisions given and not given, also disappointed with the performance of 2-3 players but overall a great effort from the team, we were deffo worth at least a point.

Same attitude against Chelsea and we could take all three  :buttrock

Before yesterdays game I would have taken a point each against City and Chelsea. I really hope we get more than a point against Chelsea, if we lose again it will make hard reading for the Xmas fixtures.

That said, in a funny way I wonder whether we will cope better without the spotlight of top place. Our fixture list after Sunday is kind and will allow us to apply pressure the the other sides that have comparatively harder fixtures
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Apart from the first 15 minutes we more than matched them. Playeed some glorious stuff, especially in the first half. How Sterling missed that sitter in the second half is beyond me. We've lost 2-1 to the most expensive side in Premier League history due to a keepers mistake and some horrendous refereeing decisions. It shows how far we've come.

I don't think I've ever been so positive after a defeat. I fancy us strongly against Chelsea.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games