Liverpool V Burnley - 26th Dec - KO 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:45 pm

Hang on a minute, was that Mig claiming a cross past the penalty spot
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:51 pm

Will take 3 points - but we were bloody awful !!!

On a positive note - we are only 5 more wins from safety
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:52 pm

A win and that's all that matters
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:52 pm

It's a win and 3 points...but what a pathetic display all over the field
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:54 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:51 pm wrote:Will take 3 points - but we were bloody awful !!!

On a positive note - we are only 5 more wins from safety

15 more points to go....

That's all I can hope under Rodgers this season. Surviving.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:58 pm

Better second half and I thought Can was excellent when he came on, his last two games was Chelsea and this one and played well in both, this is the type of thing that pisses me off about BR, SG can wonder aimlessly around the pitch and be guaranteed a place in the next game and other peripheral players can play well whenever they get on the pitch but be cast back to warm the bench
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:59 pm

Come on guys that wasn't that bad. Granted I only saw the second half but there were positives in there. Starting with Mignolet claiming that cross near the penalty spot, not a big thing but considering it's Mignolet it's a huge positive. Another positive was Emre Can, I thought the kid was excellent. Sterling and Coutinho did pretty well too and Lucas was good as well. Finally, we kept a clean sheet. It's the win that matters the most though.

I still think that the league is beyond saving though, but we need to start winning games in order to build a momentum and get ready for the Europa League fight, our last chance to save the season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:00 pm

scabby win is what it was. i'll take it though.  :nod
Have to say we are a sham at times and any team who is willing to tackle dominates us. We have signed and are carrying far too much deadwood. Rodgers is totally clueless shoving square pegs in all over the park.
If they had anything about them up front we would have got nothing from that game.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:06 pm

Well... when we play convincingly, we don't win, when we play unconvincingly, we win   :lookaround
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:27 pm

Very very scrappy, but so glad we won. A relieve.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:10 pm

Looking at the table it was vital that we picked up the 3 points there today, practically everyone else above us (bar West Ham) won too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:31 pm

A scrappy win away at Burnley isn't a bad result, given our recent form. However, I'd like to see Can and Markovic become regular starters because I'm convinced our future lies with these lads.

Onwards and upwards. Swansea will be a tougher challenge, they're playing well at the moment and will be no push overs.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Focus » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:09 am

Thank goodness it was only Burnley. Had our opponents been Chelsea, we would have been totally bashed. I can't wait for this awful season to be over and see Brendan shown the door after May next year. It was a stupid decision to appoint him in the first place, he is a manager with only 1 year PL experience at the time and finished mid table, hasn't won any trophies and moronic FSG thought he was good enough to lead us back to glory. Van Gaal was available at the time and they never approached him, all because he was 'too old' in his sixties. Man City and manure were not afraid to appoint 60+ year old managers and look how they are all flying. All FSG wants is 'Young, Young, Young' to build the future, so they appoint a young manager signing young players. And now look where this has got us into? Even one of our young players, Sterling, looks like he won't be renewing his contract and B.Munich or RM will sign him either in January or next summer. Well done FSG, you guys are football genius owners.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Burnley out muscled us and outmanoeuvred us  ,we dropped deep and were hemmed in for vast periods of the first half ,and most vexing was nobody looked arsed .
I'd personally say we had a belated Christmas miracle with Burnley wasting a host of gilt edged chances. Yesterday's ridiculously inept performance mirrored our
season perfectly with a completely ineffectual formation expected to perform the same away as it does at home ....We got extremely lucky ,most teams would
have left us dead and buried in the first half ....What's becoming obvious is Rodgers simply hasn't the intelligence he implies he does to change games ,even when
the solutions yesterday were evident to all !

The fact our midfield was being pushed back along with the struggling wing backs starving us of any possession ,and to rectify it we needed to  replace the comatose
Gerrard with Can,along with Henderson off for Balotelli and play Sterling wide more than uncomfortably escaped Rodgers entirely ! 

Lucas and Can would have controlled the middle comfortably and Sterling would have quelled their threat from our flanks with his pace and directness and he's a
decent tackler ,as for Balotelli he would have frightened the life out of a Burnley defence growing more comfortable with cutting out Sterlings runs with every
passing minute.

Plus points in order of importance :
Three vital points
Riding our luck to the point of losing the saddle.
Can and Sakho were excellent.
Coutinho's delightful assist .
Sterlings goal.
Mignolet back in .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:19 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:20 pm wrote:Burnley out muscled us and outmanoeuvred us  ,we dropped deep and were hemmed in for vast periods of the first half ,and most vexing was nobody looked arsed .
I'd personally say we had a belated Christmas miracle with Burnley wasting a host of gilt edged chances. Yesterday's ridiculously inept performance mirrored our
season perfectly with a completely ineffectual formation expected to perform the same away as it does at home ....We got extremely lucky ,most teams would
have left us dead and buried in the first half ....What's becoming obvious is Rodgers simply hasn't the intelligence he implies he does to change games ,even when
the solutions yesterday were evident to all !

The fact our midfield was being pushed back along with the struggling wing backs starving us of any possession ,and to rectify it we needed to  replace the comatose
Gerrard with Can,along with Henderson off for Balotelli and play Sterling wide more than uncomfortably escaped Rodgers entirely ! 

Lucas and Can would have controlled the middle comfortably and Sterling would have quelled their threat from our flanks with his pace and directness and he's a
decent tackler ,as for Balotelli he would have frightened the life out of a Burnley defence growing more comfortable with cutting out Sterlings runs with every
passing minute.

Plus points in order of importance :
Three vital points
Riding our luck to the point of losing the saddle.
Can and Sakho were excellent.
Coutinho's delightful assist .
Sterlings goal.
Mignolet back in .

Agree RBG as much as it was a s**t performance there were some positives.

Coutinho and Sterling are getting more game time and I think will kick on for the 2nd half of the season, especially with Sturridge returning in Jan.

Surely Can needs to be given more game time now!!!! Sakho should be given another chance.

Mignolet is on his final warning, he needs to breath fire or will be out in a few days time.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games