Liverpool V Burnley - 26th Dec - KO 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:06 am

With a much better attacking performance against Arsenal, i would like to think we can carry the momentum into this next match away on boxing day

We have 4 or 5 matches coming up now against teams we really should be beating and it must start on friday with these

I would go with the same 11 that performed so well against Arsenal, perhaps switching out Gerrard with Can
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:57 am

Yep we have a decent run of fixtures now (well, in the league and F.A cup anyway, back to back games against Chelsea will be tough)

Burnley (a)
Swansea (h)
Leicester (h)
Wimbledon (a)   -   FA Cup
Sunderland (a)
Aston Villa (a)
Chelsea (h)        -  League Cup Semi
Chelsea (a)        -  League Cup Semi
West Ham (h)

Those games take us up to the derby in early Feb so there is a real opportunity there to get ourselves back into the race for the top 4. It is going to be a very busy period though, we have 9 games to play between the 26th of December and the 31st of January (which is little over a month) and fatigue may become a factor. This upcoming period will make or break our season IMO.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:57 am wrote:Yep we have a decent run of fixtures now (well, in the league and F.A cup anyway, back to back games against Chelsea will be tough)

Burnley (a)
Swansea (h)
Leicester (h)
Sunderland (a)
Aston Villa (a)
West Ham (h)

Those games take us up to the derby in early Feb so there is a real opportunity there to get ourselves back into the race for the top 4. It is going to be a very busy period though, we have 9 games to play between the 26th of December and the 31st of January (which is little over a month) and fatigue may become a factor. This upcoming period will make or break our season IMO.

Chelsea will probably not field its strongest side. If we can beat Chelsea, we have a very good chance of winning this cup. Here's my fingers crossed...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:23 pm

maguskwt » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:31 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:57 am wrote:Yep we have a decent run of fixtures now (well, in the league and F.A cup anyway, back to back games against Chelsea will be tough)

Burnley (a)
Swansea (h)
Leicester (h)
Sunderland (a)
Aston Villa (a)
West Ham (h)

Chelsea will probably not field its strongest side. If we can beat Chelsea, we have a very good chance of winning this cup. Here's my fingers crossed...

They will field a strong enough side as maureen will have his eyes on a Quadruple  :nod

Back to Burnley.
Hope to see a similar line up to the Arsenal match as that side at least played with a bit of belief in themselves. Id make 2 changes with mingolet and Balotelli returning.

Mingy

toure       skrtel     sakho

henderson             Lucas             Markovic

coutinho

sterling              balotelli          lallana

This one should be relatively easy for us so drop Gerrard and introduce Emre early enough to give the lad a fair fecking go. Stevie will probably be out the door in june so I don't see why he should play every week if he won't commit.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:35 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:23 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:31 pm wrote:

Burnley (a)
Swansea (h)
Leicester (h)
Sunderland (a)
Aston Villa (a)
West Ham (h)

They will field a strong enough side as maureen will have his eyes on a Quadruple  :nod

Back to Burnley.
Hope to see a similar line up to the Arsenal match as that side at least played with a bit of belief in themselves. Id make 2 changes with mingolet and Balotelli returning.

Mingy

toure       skrtel     sakho

henderson             Lucas             Markovic

coutinho

sterling              balotelli          lallana

This one should be relatively easy for us so drop Gerrard and introduce Emre early enough to give the lad a fair fecking go. Stevie will probably be out the door in june so I don't see why he should play every week if he won't commit.

That's a good call on dropping SG and that team would give us a chance to see Mario in a real attacking line up, however I'm not convinced he would drop SG.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:45 pm

I fully expect to see the same line-up that faced Arsenal. I must admit I was very surprised that that formation with those players worked, thought we'd get destroyed to be honest, since we had no wing-backs and a very slow midfield, but it worked so I'm sure Rodgers will play the same thing again. I'd probably just drop Gerrard in favor of Can but that's not going to happen.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:31 pm

I thought Gerrard did okay against Arsenal, he was part of a midfield that totally dominated their counterparts on the opposition so he must have been doing something right. I'd leave it as it is and play the same team (maybe Mingolet in for Jones)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:32 am

damjan193 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:45 pm wrote:I fully expect to see the same line-up that faced Arsenal. I must admit I was very surprised that that formation with those players worked, thought we'd get destroyed to be honest, since we had no wing-backs and a very slow midfield, but it worked so I'm sure Rodgers will play the same thing again. I'd probably just drop Gerrard in favor of Can but that's not going to happen.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking the same when I seen that team sheet.
One thing though is that arsenal are not a physical side, Flamini imo was the only one who got stuck in. One of our biggest weaknesses is when teams are physical too many of our players go missing.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:35 am

Our best form of defence is to attack so lets just try and out score Burnley.

We did it last year but even without the power of Suarez and Sturridge we are still a side that is built to play football
on the front foot and not a tactical cagey game.

Don't think shutting up shop suits Rodgers or this group so may as well have a go and the players will enjoy that as will
we as supporters.

Next season we can adjust things after mistakes this campaign but for now just let the guys play and express themselves.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Early word is that we are unchanged today
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:33 pm

yeah seem's to be the same side that lined up against arsenal so hopefully it will be good enough to close it out today for all 3 points.

Come on the pool  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Hearing Seyi Ojo is on the bench :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:07 pm

confirmed

Liverpool XI: Jones, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Gerrard, Lucas, Coutinho, Henderson, Markovic, Lallana, Sterling.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Lambert, Moreno, Manquillo, Can, Balotelli, Ojo.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:35 pm

By the sounds of it Burnley might be in for a bit of sleet/snow in the late afternoon so I hope we miss all that weather. That wouldn't half be a big leveller if it arrives.
The players have really got to turn up today, we've gained bit of confidence from our last 3 performances and the last thing we need right now is a no show against a team in the relegation zone. I'm pretty confident that we will turn them over but you just never know with us, you just sense there's West Ham/Palace type capitulation somewhere round the corner.
Come on Liverpool let's win this.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:47 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:07 pm wrote:confirmed

Liverpool XI: Jones, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Gerrard, Lucas, Coutinho, Henderson, Markovic, Lallana, Sterling.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Lambert, Moreno, Manquillo, Can, Balotelli, Ojo.

jones again? Stupid
only me
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games