Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Yes
31%
No
50%
Undecided
2%
You have to mad
8%
This poll is a waste of time lets keep arguing about Hodgson
9%

Total votes : 154

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:49 pm

The Raven wrote:Id accept my cat over roy right now. Atleast it would know when to shut up and leave!

Pretty much how I feel.

It's not going to happen but it just shows you how you have to be careful what you wish for in life. Looking back it was a huge decision for the board to make whether to stand by Rafa or not. Unfortunately the wrong decision was made, and how.

The thing is, the next managerial appointment if and when roy goes is probably one of the biggest decisions in our club's history. In the state we're in I just don't think we can afford to gamble on an up and coming manager without a proven track record. Owen Coyle for example is a manager I like but managing Bolton is a million miles away from managing Liverpool.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Masch79 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:03 pm

I can't see NESV appointing Benitez and I'm not sure I could cope with constantly defending him against morons for another few years.

He gets blame for everything & credit for nothing.

Houllier's team won the CL.
Rafa's team are shagging up Hodgson.
Maureen & Hodgson get no blame for the performance of Inter & Fulham this season - Inter is all Rafa's fault and I wouldn't be surprised if the media find a way to blame him for Fulham soon as well!
Masch79

Postby The Raven » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:01 pm

Masch79 wrote:I can't see NESV appointing Benitez and I'm not sure I could cope with constantly defending him against morons for another few years.

Maureen & Hodgson get no blame for the performance of Inter & Fulham this season - Inter is all Rafa's fault and I wouldn't be surprised if the media find a way to blame him for Fulham soon as well!

Dont be so dumb...........Everyone knows 98% of all footballs problems are down to rafa.

He is the reason we didnt get the world cup didnt you know.
The Raven

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:05 pm

The Raven wrote:
Masch79 wrote:I can't see NESV appointing Benitez and I'm not sure I could cope with constantly defending him against morons for another few years.

Dont be so dumb...........Everyone knows 98% of all footballs problems are down to rafa.

He is the reason we didnt get the world cup didnt you know.

Thats why he deserves a long rest
Hes been very busy...
Thommo's perm

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:47 pm

i wonder how different this poll would read if you asked the same question today.  :D
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:20 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:i wonder how different this poll would read if you asked the same question today.  :D

Still wouldn't have Rafa back. Made a complete pig's flute of Inter this year.....thanks, but no thanks....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:35 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:i wonder how different this poll would read if you asked the same question today.  :D

Still wouldn't have Rafa back. Made a complete pig's flute of Inter this year.....thanks, but no thanks....

It would still be no. For me he is a major player in the dross we are watching today.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:37 am

He might do better than Hodgson at the moment, but its still a NO for me, we would have lost a couple of key players he was still here
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:11 am

NESV would bring is Whiskey nose before they would bring back Rafa...FACT.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:56 am

come off it guys if the question was Benitez over Hodgson can you honestly say you would take Hodgson.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:15 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:come off it guys if the question was Benitez over Hodgson can you honestly say you would take Hodgson.

who built the current squad?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:54 am

And who is it that is doing a worse job in his 1st season with that exact squad than Rafa ever did in 6 seasons?
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:06 am

Penguins wrote:And who is it that is doing a worse job in his 1st season with that exact squad than Rafa ever did in 6 seasons?

4 points off 7th 5 points off 6th, with two games in hand.  Yeah it's been bad, really bad but given the fact that he has not been given a chance from the start of the season, it isn't as bad as some of the "Set yourselves on Fire" crew would care to admit.

I'm not saying that Roy is the right man to be leading LFC beyond this season, he is what he is.  A glorified caretaker manager that is doing the best he can with limited resources. 

He's been put in a situation where he's been swimming upstream since the day he took the job.  The way he has been treated is disgraceful.  Just look at the first game of the season when Pepe fumbled the ball due to the sun when we had been down to ten men for almost an hour due to Joe Cole's red Card.  The chants of Daglish were out of order, and showed how uphill Roy had to climb. It also showed that he would never be accepted because he was linked to Hicks and Gillete.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:10 am

If people are blaming the poor squad Roy inherited look at the feckin sh!te hes left Mark Hughes and Fulham with !!!

Thats where your arguement is flawed !!!!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:22 am

Roy didnt inherit a poor squad.  Its pretty similar to the squad that Rafa was supposed to have challenging for the title last season.  Or at a minimum, finish in the top 4.  I remember people thought it was a disgrace that we finished 7th.  Maybe Roy has succeeded in lowering the expectations?

The fact is, this squad is far superior to any squad Roy has ever managed before.  We had 12 odd players at the the World Cup.  Torres, Reina and Gerrard are all top players.  Kuyt, Cole, Agger, Maxi, Meiriles and johnson are all good players if used correctly.

I admit that we don't have a great squad, thanks to Tom and George failing to invest for a couple of years, but we're much better than our current league position.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion