Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Yes
31%
No
50%
Undecided
2%
You have to mad
8%
This poll is a waste of time lets keep arguing about Hodgson
9%

Total votes : 154

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:11 am

Talking about LMA awards MOYSIE won it 2009, any one in the fine dining wine club can win that   It all depends on who whisky nose says should win it,are all his mates good enough to manage us  Bl.oody hell hes even managed to get Howard Webb an MBE ,

Manchesters Best Employee.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:20 am

How can you even compare the 2...?  :no

Souness bought practically only :censored: and finished 6th and 6th in his 2 full seasons as manager.

He replaced Saunders with :censored: like Stewart and didn't do much right. Then he sold his soul to the ***.
He left the team in the :censored:.

Rafa finished 2nd, 3rd 2 times. Broke the record twice in points during a season. He increased the value of the squad in total.
Rafa never bought players that was worth nothing after a year or 2 if they didn't succeed.
When did Souness bring in players like Reina and Torres ever??
Was it Rafa's fault the owners pocketed the 30 million for Alonso?
Everone is quick to point out that Alonso left, bla bla bla, but who was it that bought Alonso for 10 million?
Who is the reason Alonso was at Lfc for 5 seasons?
Who made a 20 million profit on him?
Who was it that wasn't allowed to spend it?

Is Rafa god? No
But he is a damn better manager than many others and 6th months at Inter isn't going to change that. Like Leonardo will fare any better after Mourinho as left the club....

Sometimes, like at lfc in the summer, it isn't the managers fault he is let go. Instead shortsighted morons who think the grass is greener on the other side make stupid decisions.

I have always clamed Rafa overachieved until the last season.
The PL have never been tougher in the past few years with the emergens of Chelski, City and team like Spurs getting on the map.
While Lfc continue to live in the year 2000 with a net spend of 13 million/year still think a manger can win on that...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby peterc1992 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:20 am

Thommo's perm wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:Lets not loose sight of the fact that for many seasons we were arguing on here about rotation, negative tactics and bizzarre team selection.

Rafa won the CL and kept us up there, but at the same time there were many (me included) who did not like his methods. Lots of things happened that were highly regrettable, such as the Klinsmann incident and the swell of support he got from all fans I believe made him feel he was bigger than the club.

He has too much of an arrogance about him, which to an extent is a good thing but his methods in the end failed and so did the team. No way should he come back here. I would rather have Souness! and I rate the damage done to the club by Benitez as being no less than that done by Souness.

Interesting
Many people I have spoken to refuse to believe or even acknowledge that Benitez did any damage to the club

He did no damage at all to the club? Please state what he has done that has made us worse off that we were in 2005.
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:22 am

Penguins wrote:How can you even compare the 2...?  :no

Souness bought practically only :censored: and finished 6th and 6th in his 2 full seasons as manager.

He replaced Saunders with :censored: like Stewart and didn't do much right. Then he sold his soul to the ***.

Rafa finished 2nd, 3rd 2 times. Broke the record twice in points during a season. He increased the value of the squad in total.
Rafa never bought players that was worth nothing after a year or 2 if they didn't succeed.
Everone is quick to point out that Alonso left, bla bla bla, but who was it that bought Alonso for 10 million?

Is Rafa god? No
But he is a damn better manager than many others and 6th months at Inter isn't going to change that. Like Leonardo will fare any better after Mourinho as left the club....

Sometimes, like at lfc in the summer, it isn't the managers fault he is let go. Instead shortsighted morons who think the grass is greener on the other side make stupid decisions.

The PL have never been tougher in the past few years with the emergens of Chelski, City and team like Spurs getting on the map.
While Lfc continue to live in the year 2000 with a net spend of 13 million/year still think a manger can win on that...

The best point there is that people slag rafa off and cant forgive him because of what happened with Alonso.
For :censored: sake he was the man who brought him the first place.It makes no sence.If rafa wasnt manager we wouldnt have had 5 years of seeing Alonso in a liverpool shirt yet they show no appreciation and all they do is slag him off about how he made A PROFIT and how he left the club.
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 am

Penguins wrote:How can you even compare the 2...?  :no

Is Rafa god? No

a very good post...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:43 am

stmichael wrote:
The Raven wrote:Id accept my cat over roy right now. Atleast it would know when to shut up and leave!

Pretty much how I feel.

It's not going to happen but it just shows you how you have to be careful what you wish for in life. Looking back it was a huge decision for the board to make whether to stand by Rafa or not. Unfortunately the wrong decision was made, and how.

The thing is, the next managerial appointment if and when roy goes is probably one of the biggest decisions in our club's history. In the state we're in I just don't think we can afford to gamble on an up and coming manager without a proven track record. Owen Coyle for example is a manager I like but managing Bolton is a million miles away from managing Liverpool.

Back then I've always said if we sack Rafa it'll be a big mistake...

Back then it was the consensus of the majority that our squad was good enough to challenge for the title and even if Rafa didn't leave he would have been able to improve on his own 7th finish (Big Mick's words). And us finishing 7th that season was more of an under achievement. A manager who put his arms around the players' shoulders and motivate the squad will be able to challenge for the title on a consistent basis was what was told.

But then there are those that wants Rafa gone in any way or form and now we have Roy Hodgson who turned the once mighty LFC into Fulham and we're lingering in mid-table... and after a couple more defeats we will be fighting relegation...

And guess what... these same people are now blaming the squad that Rafa left  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:00 am

Sad isn't it?

Saying whatever fits their "agenda"..... :no
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby The Raven » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:21 am

maguskwt wrote:
stmichael wrote:
The Raven wrote:Id accept my cat over roy right now. Atleast it would know when to shut up and leave!

Pretty much how I feel.

It's not going to happen but it just shows you how you have to be careful what you wish for in life. Looking back it was a huge decision for the board to make whether to stand by Rafa or not. Unfortunately the wrong decision was made, and how.

The thing is, the next managerial appointment if and when roy goes is probably one of the biggest decisions in our club's history. In the state we're in I just don't think we can afford to gamble on an up and coming manager without a proven track record. Owen Coyle for example is a manager I like but managing Bolton is a million miles away from managing Liverpool.

Back then I've always said if we sack Rafa it'll be a big mistake...

Back then it was the consensus of the majority that our squad was good enough to challenge for the title and even if Rafa didn't leave he would have been able to improve on his own 7th finish (Big Mick's words). And us finishing 7th that season was more of an under achievement. A manager who put his arms around the players' shoulders and motivate the squad will be able to challenge for the title on a consistent basis was what was told.

But then there are those that wants Rafa gone in any way or form and now we have Roy Hodgson who turned the once mighty LFC into Fulham and we're lingering in mid-table... and after a couple more defeats we will be fighting relegation...

And guess what... these same people are now blaming the squad that Rafa left  :laugh:

OK lets be fair to rafa, He was off his head with alot of last seasons going ons.

Some of his tatics where just insane, his man managment of Yossi and Alonso where awful.

However after everything he did for us he deserved another season to try and put it right.

He was and is in my eyes not some faultless god that some here make him out to be. However he didnt deserve to get the bullet like he did.

However, ask yourself if he was a stumbling block on the take over? Did our new owners want rid, but not want the backlash from the fans?

One way or another hes done, would have i have him back? I still stand by my "cat" post. Would it hurt for 6 months? Probably not. Should he come back and have another 5 year run? Again probably not.
The Raven

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:08 pm

peterc1992 wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:Lets not loose sight of the fact that for many seasons we were arguing on here about rotation, negative tactics and bizzarre team selection.

Rafa won the CL and kept us up there, but at the same time there were many (me included) who did not like his methods. Lots of things happened that were highly regrettable, such as the Klinsmann incident and the swell of support he got from all fans I believe made him feel he was bigger than the club.

He has too much of an arrogance about him, which to an extent is a good thing but his methods in the end failed and so did the team. No way should he come back here. I would rather have Souness! and I rate the damage done to the club by Benitez as being no less than that done by Souness.

Interesting
Many people I have spoken to refuse to believe or even acknowledge that Benitez did any damage to the club

He did no damage at all to the club? Please state what he has done that has made us worse off that we were in 2005.

Cant be ar'sed. Its there if you look properly.
If you dont, its not
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Rafa has gone and wont be coming back - simple as that . Time to let go people - on both sides of the fence .
Benny The Noon

Postby Aussie Style » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:35 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Rafa has gone and wont be coming back - simple as that . Time to let go people - on both sides of the fence .

Here here.

47 pages of 'would you take Benitez back?' WTF
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby boodiddy1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:38 pm

Exactly!!

Club needs to move forward. Forget the immediate past. Kenny back till summer and then a new full time appointment and blueprint for success. Letting the fans know where they want us to be realistically every year.

No Rafa at all. Certainly no more Roy!
boodiddy1

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion