Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Would you accept benitez back as manager - Would you accept benitez back as manager

Yes
31%
No
50%
Undecided
2%
You have to mad
8%
This poll is a waste of time lets keep arguing about Hodgson
9%

Total votes : 154

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:43 pm

lakes10 wrote:
roberto green wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Roy was given the job to make do with what he had untill money come in to build a new team.

:D

Yes Roy had to make do with

Pepe Reina (one of the best goalkeepers in Europe)

Jamie Carragher (with all his experience)

Glen Johnson (the best in his position in the league)

Steven Gerrard (says it all)

Dirk Kuyt (The work horse that every team needs)

Lucas (The most improved player at the club)

Maxi (would finally settle in this season)

Torres (best striker in Europe if you (Roy) employs the right tactics)

oh dear me poor Roy

:no

yes, shame Rafa could not get the best out of them aswell.

What?  ???   :kungfu:
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:42 am

roberto green wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Roy was given the job to make do with what he had untill money come in to build a new team.

:D

Glen Johnson (the best in his position in the league)

i cant believe we paid 10m for glen johnson, he looked lazy and poor in defending. no effort shown.

oh...wait a min, we didnt paid 10m for him. we paid 18m for him. one of the worst signing of rafa.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:50 am

Thommo's perm wrote:Its really a non argument. Hodgson took over Benitezes squad, good and bad and has had to cope with an uphill climb from day one.
The previous record of Benitez is irrelevant now as he has been sacked twice in 6 months, one of them from a treble winning club
He obviously needs a long rest from football and Im sure he will get it, unless some loon decides to give him a job

What a dense logic.

Why was Rafa's record with the lfc squad irrelevant?

Fact:

1. Rafa built squad good and bad
2. Rafa finished 7th one season and missed CL football once during 6 year.
3. 7th in one season for Rafa was deemed catastrophic and he was let go no matter what he did the previous 5 seasons.
3. Roy is doing worse in his 1st season with that squad than Rafa ever did.

What is not fact is the total nonsense about what Rafa is or isn't doing at Inter/Mars/wherever has relevance for Lfc.
Inter solf Balotelli and didn't invest 1 penny when rafa came.

When "messiah" came as always he got plenty of cash to splash(Quaresma, flop, Mancini, flop etc) but somehow everyone forgets that fake **** comes to a served table every time, gets what he points at like a spoilt kid and when he leaves a club it always takes awhile for the club to start anew. Was the same with Chelski.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby therocket147 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:36 pm

Jose Mourinho left him a squad that won the league and champions league and he couldn`t carry on so i would be very surprised if he come back to be honest
therocket147

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Penguins wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:Its really a non argument. Hodgson took over Benitezes squad, good and bad and has had to cope with an uphill climb from day one.
The previous record of Benitez is irrelevant now as he has been sacked twice in 6 months, one of them from a treble winning club
He obviously needs a long rest from football and Im sure he will get it, unless some loon decides to give him a job

What a dense logic.

Fact:

3. 7th in one season for Rafa was deemed catastrophic and he was let go no matter what he did the previous 5 seasons.

What is not fact is the total nonsense about what Rafa is or isn't doing at Inter/Mars/wherever has relevance for Lfc.

When "messiah" came as always he got plenty of cash to splash(Quaresma, flop, Mancini, flop etc) but somehow everyone forgets that fake **** comes to a served table every time, gets what he points at like a spoilt kid and when he leaves a club it always takes awhile for the club to start anew. Was the same with Chelski.

Im not in the slightest bit interested in Mourinho.
I am simply stating that whatever Benitez has done in the past he now needs a lengthy rest and we certainly dont need a manager who has been sacked twice in six months
Thommo's perm

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Penguins wrote:

What a dense logic.

Fact:

I am simply stating that whatever Benitez has done in the past he now needs a lengthy rest and we certainly dont need a manager who has been sacked twice in six months

Benitez should of been given the chance to put last seasons poor effort right, what he had done before easily earned him that right.

people like purslow and broughton where not the right people to make that decision, this season proves that beyond any doubt.

would i have Benitez back, at this present time probably not as his confidence has taken a battering this last years or so, but for people to suggest that he has somehow become a $*i*e manager after alll he has had to put up with is not being fair on the man.

lets also not forget Mourinho inherited a winning side yet he gets praised for what he done but Benitez has to put up with $*i*e like he won the CL with Houlliers team, its fooking bollcks and its cr@p like this that gets peoples backs up and makes them defend the guy.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:15 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Penguins wrote:

What a dense logic.

Fact:

Benitez should of been given the chance to put last seasons poor effort right, what he had done before easily earned him that right.

people like purslow and broughton where not the right people to make that decision, this season proves that beyond any doubt.

would i have Benitez back, at this present time probably not as his confidence has taken a battering this last years or so, but for people to suggest that he has somehow become a $*i*e manager after alll he has had to put up with is not being fair on the man.

lets also not forget Mourinho inherited a winning side yet he gets praised for what he done but Benitez has to put up with $*i*e like he won the CL with Houlliers team, its fooking bollcks and its cr@p like this that gets peoples backs up and makes them defend the guy.

I reckon people should stop talking about him for a while
Thommo's perm

Postby tubby » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Penguins wrote:

What a dense logic.

Fact:

Says the person who probably spends the most time in here.  :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:33 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Penguins wrote:

What a dense logic.

Fact:

In a thread about Rafa? No.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:13 am

Emerald Red wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Penguins wrote:

What a dense logic.

Fact:

In a thread about Rafa? No.

I know
Lets carry on
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby neil » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:27 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:Benitez should of been given the chance to put last seasons poor effort right, what he had done before easily earned him that right.

he was given a chance, at inter, remember?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:29 am

neil wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:Benitez should of been given the chance to put last seasons poor effort right, what he had done before easily earned him that right.

he was given a chance, at inter, remember?

he did, right up to the point he slagged off the owners of the club  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:45 am

Lets not loose sight of the fact that for many seasons we were arguing on here about rotation, negative tactics and bizzarre team selection.

Rafa won the CL and kept us up there, but at the same time there were many (me included) who did not like his methods. Lots of things happened that were highly regrettable, such as the Klinsmann incident and the swell of support he got from all fans I believe made him feel he was bigger than the club.

He has too much of an arrogance about him, which to an extent is a good thing but his methods in the end failed and so did the team. No way should he come back here. I would rather have Souness! and I rate the damage done to the club by Benitez as being no less than that done by Souness.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:55 am

crazyhorse wrote:Lets not loose sight of the fact that for many seasons we were arguing on here about rotation, negative tactics and bizzarre team selection.

Rafa won the CL and kept us up there, but at the same time there were many (me included) who did not like his methods. Lots of things happened that were highly regrettable, such as the Klinsmann incident and the swell of support he got from all fans I believe made him feel he was bigger than the club.

He has too much of an arrogance about him, which to an extent is a good thing but his methods in the end failed and so did the team. No way should he come back here. I would rather have Souness! and I rate the damage done to the club by Benitez as being no less than that done by Souness.

Interesting
Many people I have spoken to refuse to believe or even acknowledge that Benitez did any damage to the club
Thommo's perm

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:09 am

Thommo's perm wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:Lets not loose sight of the fact that for many seasons we were arguing on here about rotation, negative tactics and bizzarre team selection.

Interesting
Many people I have spoken to refuse to believe or even acknowledge that Benitez did any damage to the club

Mate i expect that some will shoot me down in flames, but i think that a lot of our current issues are caused by the time it is going to take for the players we have to shake off the negativity of the Rafa years. A lot of them need to be completely re educated!

Its time to put the Rose Tinted specs away.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion