With the transfer money - Who do we get?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DrLiverpool » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:20 pm

pellegrino thats the one

i know he was released i just forgot his name (oh he was :censored: :D  )

i hope your right about rafa in the transfer market
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laurence_2k2 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:29 pm

Be patient!We have 2 have faith in the gaffer he knows what he is doin!Aimar is she-ite!i wouldnt have him about me,love 2 c ballack,baraja or xavi.Be interesting in the papers tomorrow see the press have to say.Cant believe all these ppl sayin sg has turned his back on us etc etc,he basically won the european cup 4 us,he could of been the biggest hero to come out of anfield but its his own choice,hope he goes to real!
The Rafalution Continues!
laurence_2k2

Postby mikopool » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:32 pm

I think Ballack would be good, I am angry about the lack of English talent, but Ballack would be a great leader for the midfield, we really need a leader as Gerrard carried the club as a leader, but unless he scored or someone else scored looked overly miserable. Ballack looks positive and driven all the times I have seen him, the only downer would be the decreasing English factor which bothers me to no end.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby DrLiverpool » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:00 pm

there is one great player from spain who i have watched a few times in la liga last year and also the confederations cup and i think he would be excellent for liverpool...

however he has just left barcelona and signed a 4 year dealk with villareal so his out of the question...
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:03 pm

would love to see xavi here but i doubt it even if we get 40m + for gerrard it just doesnt seem likely i dont know why. there are many other players that we can afford now who would be brilliant
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:03 pm

Ballack is some player but hes at a massive club already in Munich. Also unlikely to leave his homeland on the run up to the world cup finals being held there. Would be fantastic but cannot see it. Havent read all the items here, but I rate Van Bommel at PSV. Great energy in the middle, crazy Brian May style perm and all. Hes a guy we could get I reckon, link up well with Alonso. Can see that being all good and working.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby DrLiverpool » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:08 pm

bommel = psv > barcelona
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:23 pm

as well as the money to get some more new faces in- carra the real captain can now take his rightful place and lead a more united club onwards and upwards- at last a captain with a real passion for our great club- I for one am glad gerrard has gone- I really believe we will move on much faster without him- did anyone apart from our crowd shake their heads in disbelief at the amount of undeserved man of the match awards gerrard got?- now I would have been gutted if rafa-alonso and co had left!
teamleader1

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:56 pm

Rafa now has more freedom in his selection.  No longer does he have to play anyone for every game....i expect to see 2-3 special players with the Gerrard cash.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:08 pm

Van Bommel is excellent and would fit the bill but has joined barcelona, Ballack has recently voiced his desire to play abroad and only has one yr left on his contract. I see ur point with the world cup approaching tho - he is the german captain i suppose............not likely he'd leave in a hurry
ken_job

Postby L-type » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:11 pm

I'm not sure about this player's contract situation, but one player I would kill to have is Kaka.  He's brilliant.  In the CL final, through the first half he was MOTM, and in the confederation cup he played just as well.  He would do a good job in the midfield with alonso pulling the strings behind him.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:17 pm

He does pull the strings for A.C. tho, doubt they're likely to sell him.
ken_job

Postby ALONSO_14 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:20 pm

getting kaka for us would be a dream but its not goin to happen in a million years no matter how much money we have to buy him with
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:21 pm

some people are  :sleep
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:22 pm

hah yeah as I said earlier I have no idea what kind of situation he is, but apparently what we've all learned today is that players can be prised away if you have enough money.  That said, I'm sure Rafa could find someone else to do the same role.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion