Transfer kitty jan 2011 - Do we have money to buy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alwayslfc » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:48 pm

Ciggy wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:To date we haven't signed any players yet. We've tried to get Adam and Suarez and have been scoffed at by their respective clubs for being so cheap. Contrary to what the new owners claimed, they didn't put up sufficient funds to buy those much needed players, plain and simple.

16 million for Adams, 30 million for Suarez, and now Villa have thrown a spanner in the works paying 24 million for Bent the worlds gone mad.

Our owners have every right to scoff at the asking prices.

Hope you're right about the owners' budget. Then I wonder why this Comolli is trying to bargain down the asking prices for Suarez and Adam.

I'm beginning not to trust Commoli, perhaps the owners have said to him if you can bargain down, you keep the change.

Suarez is worth his weight in gold because he can be a long term investment as well as being a formidable partner for Torres and takeover Torres role when he leaves in the summer because no CL foobtall next season or possibly Division 1 football (I hope not)
alwayslfc

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:53 pm

alwayslfc wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:To date we haven't signed any players yet. We've tried to get Adam and Suarez and have been scoffed at by their respective clubs for being so cheap. Contrary to what the new owners claimed, they didn't put up sufficient funds to buy those much needed players, plain and simple.

16 million for Adams, 30 million for Suarez, and now Villa have thrown a spanner in the works paying 24 million for Bent the worlds gone mad.

Hope you're right about the owners' budget. Then I wonder why this Comolli is trying to bargain down the asking prices for Suarez and Adam.

I'm beginning not to trust Commoli, perhaps the owners have said to him if you can bargain down, you keep the change.

Suarez is worth his weight in gold because he can be a long term investment as well as being a formidable partner for Torres and takeover Torres role when he leaves in the summer because no CL foobtall next season or possibly Division 1 football (I hope not)

Ridiculous

Because we havent immediately paid over the odds for a player Commoli is taking bungs ?  ???
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Agreed.

But it is purely the norm in world of transfers. They post a valuation, we make a derisory offer. The number in the middle of those two figures tends to be the actual value to complete the deal.

Which in Adam's case would be £8-9m, and Suarez would be £20m. Whether we can negotiate good payment terms and/or add on clauses may or may not reduce the transfer fee by 10-15% ??
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:01 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Ridiculous

Because we havent immediately paid over the odds for a player Commoli is taking bungs ?  ???

I know. What amazes me is how little some "fans" on here know about the club.

Kenny clearly was not refering to these novice supporters when he said -

“We know more about our fans than yourselves do so we know how they want to be treated and they know what we want, and they want us to treat them with respect.

“And they want us to treat them the way that Liverpool fans have always been treated by the club. And that’s if we’ve got business to do we’ll do it behind closed doors
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:16 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Ridiculous

I know. What amazes me is how little some "fans" on here know about the club.

Kenny clearly was not refering to these novice supporters when he said -

“We know more about our fans than yourselves do so we know how they want to be treated and they know what we want, and they want us to treat them with respect.

“And they want us to treat them the way that Liverpool fans have always been treated by the club. And that’s if we’ve got business to do we’ll do it behind closed doors

:laugh: at the bungs bit myself.
at last we are doing things the right way in not discussing every single conversation with other clubs regarding transfers via the media.the liverpool way.

whether we land these targets remains to be seen but the fact that the club are at least trying to negoitiate is promising.its like an auction and we are bidding and as fans we cant ask any more.im quite happy that we are looking at the right players to bring here long term rather than shopping in the bargain basement again.

darren bent for 24mil seems a lot but when you look at his stats they rival the best in the league and im sure no one would bat an eyelid or raise a question if we bid that for drogba.

if we make the right signings now and in the summer then torres wont be going anywhere.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:02 am

Well, less than a week left before the transfer window closes and we have not made a single one signing yet. This means either the owners and maybe KK thinks the current squad is good enough to remain in PL because we don't have high ambitions this season OR the owners in fact don't have the money and are waiting for good bargains in the summer.

Fair enough, let's us all get behind KK to climb up and pray we can get another 3 points in the next game.
alwayslfc

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:34 am

so what if there's no new signing? wait till the summer. at least then the clubs would be more willing to sell their players as the season has ended. selling a player now, especially if he is the captain of their team, is gonna cause some disruptions to their seasons. besides, we shouldn't be held ransom. i do like what NESV seems to be doing - start low, then slowly raise the figure. smart.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:41 am

There's barely been any big signings this transfer window anyway.  Dzeko but it was basically a done deal before the window opened.  Bent was really the only big surprise, but it was a waste.  Adebayor but it was expected he would leave.  Who else?  Carew? Van Bommel? My point is that everybody waits until the last days.  I'm pretty sure there are more deals made on deadline day than the rest of the days combined
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion