Who would you like as new lfc manager - Houllier must go soon!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Who would you like as new lfc manager - Houllier must go soon!

GORDON STRACHAN
4%
MARTIN O'NEILL
70%
KEVIN KEEGAN
11%
JOHN TOSHACK
4%
GLENN HODDLE
No votes
DAVID O'LEARY
2%
VICENTE DEL BOSQUE
7%
GUUS HIDDINK
2%
PHIL THOMPSON
No votes
MICKY ADAMS
No votes

Total votes : 46

Postby Chinesegirl » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:26 am

KEVIN KEEGAN
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:37 am

In reply to 'Chinesegirl's' comments, Kevin Keegan was a good player, but as manager he will never deliver the Premiership title to any club - he's not that good.
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wendi Richter » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:21 pm

I want someone who is going to make the club a place where players like Louis Saha want to come to. For it to be their dream to play in front of the kop. Not with the Mancs.

Who ever can do that, bring him in.
I need a leg, I buy a leg. Not a lamp.
Wendi Richter

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:34 pm

'Here, here Wendi
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:35 pm

'Here, here Wendi'
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chinesegirl » Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:57 am

I think KEVIN KEEGAN  can live in LFC.
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby azriahmad » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:13 am

Kevin Keegan will be able to bring much more attacking play with the goals actually being scored, as compared to counting missed chances like Houllier does when dishing out his excuses.
However, King Kev is not known for his tactical acumen, in fact he is known for the OPPOSITE - a lack of tactical acumen. because of this, his team is more about attacking flair but will not set the premiership alight defensively. His player potential judgement has improved as compared to his time at Newcastle, Man City has bought good players and advocate attrative attacking play but comes undone by defensive frailities.
Unless he improves his tactical acumen, he is not the man to bring the glory days to Liverpool, I am afraid. I remember being a big fan of King Kev in the 70s and was actually devastated when he signed for Hamburg SV but then, Liverpool bought a gem of a player named Kenny Dalglish and the rest is history...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wendi Richter » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:47 am

Kevin Keegan is not clever enough.

Great player, poor manager. No thanks.
Wendi Richter

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:09 pm

I think Keegan showed at Newcastle just how far he can take a club and I don't think he has ever shown he can sort out defensive shortcomings. He has thrown money at attacking players and his teams have always been defensively weak. I suggest he would be no closer to winning the title than Roy Evans was.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:10 pm

Yes I agree with Owzat that Keegan has shown his managerial weaknesses and tactical shortcomings in his previous roles.
Initially he did a great job at Newcastle , taking over from Ardiles he saved them from footballing oblivion and transformed them into title challengers. However in his latter period there he displayed his tactical limitations and found the going a bit tough when the pressure increased owing to raised expectations.
The England period was a poor one . Despite having some great attacking players he was unable to find a winning formula. In the finals of Euro 2000 we led in all 3 games but could only hold out and win in 1. There were some baffling decisions too , frequent substitutions of Michael Owen , playing Southgate in midfield and playing Dennis Wise at all.
After 2 good seasons at Man City he is now feeling the heat with poor results and rumours of player unrest.
He was a great player for us but as a manager he is not a realistic option.
THEBARON

Postby 116-1065305004 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:39 pm

Kevin Keegan can stabilise a club but he can never deliver major trophies
116-1065305004

Postby bren77 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:54 pm

correct on keegan.... got to be mon. think he could get the best out of our many average players (biscan...heskey....diouf....diao....riise.....CHEYRWHO!....traore...any more?) bit like clough did with forest. he must have learnt somet off him? i settle for another couple of european cups? think we should get the king to work along tommo til end of this season........ :angry:  :angry:
bren77

Postby greenred » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:05 am

Mon must be the winner at this stage.Will we get him,who knows.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wendi Richter » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:57 am

bren77 wrote:.... got to be mon. think he could get the best out of our many average players

Is this seriously what we want? Someone to get the best out of our average players? This will not get us far imo and its not what I want. I want someone to cull our average players and bring in some quality.

To do that you need someone with an international rep, who has an eye for talent, and is a shrewd neogtiator.

Lets not paper over the cracks.
Wendi Richter

Postby long sleeved joe » Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:09 pm

The last season and a half have been way below where we should be. while houllier is constantly saying how the club is progressing i think its clear we are very inferior to the squad that won the treble. Think about how many chances we miss now compared to when we had McCalister, Barmby, Fowler and Litmanen. Experienced goal scorers as well as Babbel who was vital that year. at the same time though the signings of Kewell and Finnan were good and I might just be falling for Houlliers bull s**t but i think we are not far away from a very strong squad. At the moment though players are under achieving, not playing as a team and we are too inexperienced.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion