Gerard houllier - Newcastle manager?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zackboxer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:54 pm

If GH get's it then I wish him luck but I can't see the Geordie fans being happy if he gets the job.
Still, it might be a good thing, can't see GH putting up with antics of Dyer, Bellamy, Bramble etc.
Wonder how long Lee Bowyer would last?!  :D
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby long sleeved joe » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:10 pm

I can see Houllier wanting the job because he must feel he's got a point to prove and Newcastle is like us in that they are a passionate footballing city, great fans etc, but surely they wouldnt be that daft- but then again they did sack their manager after 4 games after a whole pre- season where they could of got someone in. Sometimes supporting Liverpool is frustrating but then i look at other clubs and I'm relieved i mean imagine supporting Man City for example.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby Dalglish » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:17 am

mynameisred wrote:Whatever happens Good luck to him. We need no longer to criticise his reign and we can reagrd him as a fan. Ive read several interviews with him since his departure and it seems he is having diffuculty letting go, not only of the club but the city, its inhabitants and everything else that goes with being manager of LFC.

Well said. About time people stopped crucifying the man.

History wil be kinder to Gerard Houllier and his reign at Liverpool than many fans have cared to be  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:30 am

Good luck to him, while i felt  a change was needed it , i bear him no malice and will always remember the joy of the treble season.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:33 am

KILL HIM IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO RE-BUY BISCAN AND TRAORE!!! :p :D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:18 am

haha, I'm sure the geordies would love seeing traore as their top defender  :D  :D
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Redrider » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:11 pm

Both Sir Bob and GH are great personalities, both are a class act as people, too good for Shepherd and the other phoney directors at NFC. :;):
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:22 pm

I work with a Newcastle fan.  He thinks it's a bad idea.  Don't blame him.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:22 pm

And I LIKED Houllier.
jonnymac1979

Postby redflag123 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:40 pm

being an exiled lpool fan living on the southcoast the rumours here are gh has bought an house in mudeford near christchurch about 25 miles from southampton it was also confirmed by some presenters on talksport read into it what you will.
redflag123

Postby Dalglish » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:44 pm

redflag123 wrote:being an exiled lpool fan living on the southcoast the rumours here are gh has bought an house in mudeford near christchurch about 25 miles from southampton it was also confirmed by some presenters on talksport read into it what you will.

Don't you just love football rumours  :D

Hoddle's going to Southampton

Shearer's taking over at Newcastle

I believe there is a vacancy at Everton coming up when Moyes realises what a  shower of gits in the boardroom he has to work with !!!

Seeing as we are discussing rumours whats the chances he would take the everton job !!!! :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:45 pm

Dalglish wrote:
mynameisred wrote:Whatever happens Good luck to him. We need no longer to criticise his reign and we can reagrd him as a fan. Ive read several interviews with him since his departure and it seems he is having diffuculty letting go, not only of the club but the city, its inhabitants and everything else that goes with being manager of LFC.

Well said. About time people stopped crucifying the man.

History wil be kinder to Gerard Houllier and his reign at Liverpool than many fans have cared to be  ???

And not forgetting he brought us 5 trophies in one season :):):):)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:47 pm

Well rumour has it that Martin O'Neill forgot to buy a house in Wirral and his kids never turned up at the school in Hoylake that everyone said they were going too.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:54 pm

hey Supersub , is there a section on here for "Rumours" ,. We could call it the Rumour factory like they do on 5Live :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redflag123 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:03 am

hey dont knock my rumour ive got about twenty mates back home betting gh will become saints tech director at 8 to 1 my name will be mud if it doesn't come off,im going jogging to see if i can find him.
redflag123

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion