Sack the manager before i shoot him - Houllier's bad management

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Frenchtype » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:44 am

Just a reminder for those who still believe that "Monsieur Houllier" is the right manager for this clulb;
*** France failed to qualify for World cup 94 under Houllier eventhough he had more or less the same team that won the trophy 4 yrs later +  he had the likes of Cantona & Ginola in the team? ???****
I believe the sooner he goes the better, as Liverpool needs to regain it's continental fame & status asap.
Frenchtype

Postby royal blue mersey » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:48 pm

Houllier MUST stay!!!!

Houllier DOIT rester !!!!!

We blues love the man. Please stay Gerard. You are loved on Merseyside.
royal blue mersey

Postby simic_ie » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:52 am

Houllier will be given another year to sort it out, in fairness this is his first bad year results wise. Although for the love of god the teams is boring, thats got to change, good football can't be that hard to play
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby royal blue mersey » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:28 pm

Please say he'll stay more than a year Simic. At least five anyway then you can enjoy the novelty of trips to Grimsby and Hull.
royal blue mersey

Postby bmnj » Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:59 pm

on average season in seaon out o'niell only faces the task of beating one good team in the scottish league which is rangers how mant good teams are there in the premier manu,arsenal,newcastle,chelsea even teams like blackburn,middlebourough,southamton.everton are nolonger push overs
bmnj

Postby Barneylfc » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:29 am

All u people r so full of *****. Houllier brought this team from the bottom and got us to the runners up spot last year. Fair enough weve gone backwards this year but he did say when he joined it would take him five years to win the title. This is his fifth season in sole charge but dont forget he was out for Seven months in the treble season. Next season we will see the best from the likes of Diouf, Cheyrou, Diao & even Traore is starting to play well.
And this guy who thinks France won the world cup in 98 with the same team as 94. WHAT R U ON ABOUT. Did Cantona or Ginola play in 98. No. Was Henry,Pires,Wiltord,Vieira & Thuram in that same 94 team? No. And Zidane only made his debut in 94. So dont tell me France won the World Cup with the same team that Houllier had!!!!!!!!!!!
Barneylfc

Postby supersub » Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:56 pm

Houllier master craftsmen or just wallpapering cowboy.Gerard took over Liverpool,hauled us out of mire,removed the dreaded spice boy image and regained respect for our beloved Liverpool F.C..2000-2001 was the pinnacle of his achievements.He had created a hard-working side that on occassions excited and thrilled us and gave me personally a season that can stand alongside past glories of the 70's and 80's.3 cups and a champions league place not bad.
BUT fabulous though that season was i for one could see there was still plenty to be done.Worthington cup we beat a 1st div. side on penalties.F.A.cup totally outplayed by Arsenal michael sneaked us a win.Alaves golden goal against a very mediocre spanish team.The league campaign was full of uninspiring games.Still we had won a treble.we are all happy Gerard will take us up and onward to greater things.2001-2002 the way we play the beautiful game doesn,t improve.To all but the red-blinkered brigade we have stood still.Yet the Mancs go awol and we grab runners-up.This season i believe all the cracks that were so successfully papered over have reurned as chasms and show what a huge gap there is between the way we play and the way the best of europe play.We defend and the cream of Europe attacks.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Frenchtype » Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:18 am

France had an even better team in 1994 than 1998 when they won the world cup( yes, I know what I'm talking about since I watched almost every single match France played for the past 25yrs!!!) in 1993/1994 Houllier already had players like Desailly, Deschamps, Petit, Blanc, Lizarazu..(all played in WC 98) + he had Cantona & Ginola ( I never said they played in WC 98) & the remaining players, like: Papin (best European player in 93), Sauzee, Pedros......were from the club of "L'Olympique de Marseille"the team that won the European Champions Cup in 1993(equivalent to today's Champions league). Not only Houllier didn't manage to qualify for WC 94 but France played the most boring football of its entire history (at least as long as i can remember) more like what we see at Liverpool today!!!!

Ps: Pires made only a couple of appearences in WC 98, while Wiltord didn't play at all in WC 98, so please try to get your facts right next time.
Frenchtype

Postby Michael Beach » Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:19 am

Frenchtype - what you are talking about French national team under Houliers command sounds very similar to Liverpool nowdays..... If things continues like this next season we start to loose players because they do not win anything. Like Steve McManaman few years back. Quality players do not want to stay with club.

And for the Toffees - too bad you did not have enaugh money to get proper stadium at King's Dock. I guess cashing out Rooney will get you few extra seats at Goodison Park.   :p
Michael Beach

Postby Cinderella » Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:40 pm

I think Liverpool are playing ***** as well. Who do you think should manage Liverool.
Cinderella

Postby emertoff » Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:16 pm

LFC. Here are the facts:

1. MURDERED 39 innocent Italians at Heysel.
2. Diouf SPAT at opposing fans on 2 occasions
3. Henchoz SPAT at Neil Warnock.
4. VANDALISED the Dixie Dean memorial with red paint
5. Play DOUR and UNATTRACTIVE football.
6. History only dates from 1961.
7. Have a manager who is UNPOPULAR and ILL.
8. VANDALISED Wayne Rooney's home more than once.
9. Have FICKLE and IGNORANT supporters
10. Have WASTED £100 M on rubbish signed by Houillier.
emertoff

Postby toffee-men » Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:09 pm

HISTORY GIRL FECK OFF YOU SAD KOPITE TW@T.
I HATE YOU ALL.
E.V.E.R.T.O.N  IS A FAR BETTER TEAM THEN YOU sh##e.
I HATE THE REDSHITE.
toffee-men

Postby supersub » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:25 pm

toffee-men sad example of whats wrong with certain elements of society :(
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby EURO CHAMPS BY 2005 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:06 am

EMERTOFF YOUR A SAD GIT.
TOFFEEMEN YOUR NOT MUCH BETTER,NO I TAKE THAT BACK YOU TOO ARE A SAD GIT.
THATS TWO SAD GITS.THE PAIR OF YOU COULD BE ANOTHER HARRY ENFIELD SKETCH (A PAIR OF BLUE GITS).  :D
EURO CHAMPS BY 2005

Postby supersub » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:22 am

Dragged this up...ONE year on and is it not a case deja vu?
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion