Who would you like as new lfc manager - Houllier must go soon!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Who would you like as new lfc manager - Houllier must go soon!

GORDON STRACHAN
4%
MARTIN O'NEILL
70%
KEVIN KEEGAN
11%
JOHN TOSHACK
4%
GLENN HODDLE
No votes
DAVID O'LEARY
2%
VICENTE DEL BOSQUE
7%
GUUS HIDDINK
2%
PHIL THOMPSON
No votes
MICKY ADAMS
No votes

Total votes : 46

Postby gaz31 » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:24 pm

KK PLEASE HE HAS ALL THE THINGS WE NEED TO BE KINGS OF EUROPE AGAIN :laugh:
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby 116-1065305004 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:29 am

martiness wrote:Why we can not choose Alex Ferguson for a coach?  :D
:p
Seriously I think, Toshack would be good !

I cant believe you have been on this site one of the longest and only done 2 posts ???
116-1065305004

Postby 116-1065305004 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:30 am

gaz31 wrote:KK PLEASE HE HAS ALL THE THINGS WE NEED TO BE KINGS OF EUROPE AGAIN :laugh:

kevin keegan?
Nah he spent millions at Newcastle and did not win anything, I think he would keep us in the top four every season but he would not deliver the targets of Liverpool FC to win the title.
116-1065305004

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:02 am

Martin O'Neill is one of the most popular managers in British football, considering he has NEVER won a major trophy. I think his reputation far exceeds his achievements albeit with smaller clubs.

Martin O'Neill - Managerial career

Wycombe Wanderers (1990-1995)

FA Trophy winners - 1991, 1993
Conference Champions - 1993
Promotion to Division 2 - 1994

Norwich City (Jun-Dec 1995)

Resigned over money promises made by chairman

Leicester City (1995-2000)

Coca-Cola Cup winners - 1997
Worthington Cup winners - 2000
1st Division play-off winners - 1997

Premiership - 9th (96/97)
Premiership - 10th (97/98)
Premiership - 10th (98/99)
Premiership - 8th (99/00)

Celtic (2000-2003)

Scottish League Champions - 00/01, 01/02
Scottish  League runners-up - 02/03

Scottish FA Cup winners - 2001
Scottish League Cup winners - 2001

UEFA Cup runners-up - 2003
Scottish FA Cup runners-up - 2002
Scottish League Cup runners-up - 2003
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gary » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:20 am

i think mike walker is the ideal choice he has all the right credentials
gary

Postby azriahmad » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:31 am

O'Neill is doing a tremendous job for Celtic, especially in the Chanpions' League this season. Disregard the Scorrish Premier because of tis nature, it is always a two-horse race. If you compare Liverpool and Celtic, player for player, Liverpool have the edge but is stifled by a combination of rigid tactics, continuous starts by players who consistently gives poor contribution and gutless performance by the players in general.

Look at Celtic this season. I saw the Bayern game last week at Celtic and players like Thompson, Petrov, Sutton playing out of their skin for their manager. You never saw that in Houllier's Liverpool. We were outplayed by Celtic at Anfield last season in the UEFA cup because the team were gutless and had no passion plus the rigid strategy imposed by Houllier.

Perhaps if O'Neill were to become the Liverpool manager, he can sign on a few players to bolster the squad, get rid of some of the dead wood and galvanise the whole squad whith his enthusiasm and passion to break out of this underachieving mentality the whole club has been getting used to under the Kermit.

Don't compare him to Suoness, because Souness bought English based players, who are not exactly at their respective prime, to Rangers and overwhelmed Celtic. It did not work during his spell at Liverpool because he did not buy wisely and tried to replicate what he did at Rangers, and also the English league has more depth than the Scottish league. Souness tried too hard and tried to buy his way into instant success. Can't be done, unless Liverpool has the resources of Chelsea and buy the best from the region and not settle for players who are not exactly top notch (but good, nevertheless). For instance, Souness could have bought Shearer instead of Saunders as their respective transfer fees were only a few hundred thousand pounds apart.

I believe that O'Neill can do the job for us. I just hope he will come if given the chance.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:26 pm

azriahmad wrote:Don't compare him to Suoness, because Souness bought English based players, who are not exactly at their respective prime, to Rangers and overwhelmed Celtic. It did not work during his spell at Liverpool because he did not buy wisely and tried to replicate what he did at Rangers, and also the English league has more depth than the Scottish league. Souness tried too hard and tried to buy his way into instant success. Can't be done, unless Liverpool has the resources of Chelsea and buy the best from the region and not settle for players who are not exactly top notch (but good, nevertheless). For instance, Souness could have bought Shearer instead of Saunders as their respective transfer fees were only a few hundred thousand pounds apart.

Souness keeps going back to Rangers for players which he is doing now at Blackburn (Ferguson and Amoruso). The problem with so many managers is they do raid previous clubs which is ok if that club had quality to offer. Managing a guaranteed top two side to a top two spot is not exactly difficult, you should look more at the type of players O'Neill is using - Hartson, Lennon, Gould and Sutton. O'Neill might bring in top class players at Liverpool but there is always that danger he will turn to Celtic for players and possibly bar Larrson, there is not one Celtic player I would really want to see at Anfield. I think managing Rangers was poor preparation for Souness when he came to Anfield and I stand by my comparison with O'Neill. As for this marvellous record of O'Neill's at Leicester - two League Cups and 4 top 10 finishes are not that impressive, even Wimbledon managed better league finishes than that. Considering the League Cup was treated as a second rate competition by most top sides, even winning that isn't too impressive.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby istvan kozma » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:38 pm

I  THINK  IT  SHOULD BE  JOHN  ALDRIDGE  :D
istvan kozma

Postby dave » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:36 pm

my heart it say oneil,but my mind says del bosque,martin is a brilliant coach,but i think del bosque has a brilliant record aswell remember he has one the chapion league :)
dave

Postby leothelion » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:22 am

HOW BOUT SAMMY LEE LETS GO BACK THE BOOT ROOM THAT WORKED IN THE PAST WHEN EVERY TEAM WAS AFRAID TO COME TO ANFIELD .SAMMY HAS BEEN TRU GOOD AND BAD TIMES AND IS RUMURED TO BE INTERESTED IN MANAGEMENT
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:23 am

HOW BOUT SAMMY LEE LETS GO BACK THE BOOT ROOM THAT WORKED IN THE PAST WHEN EVERY TEAM WAS AFRAID TO COME TO ANFIELD .SAMMY HAS BEEN TRU GOOD AND BAD TIMES AND IS RUMURED TO BE INTERESTED IN MANAGEMENT
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:25 am

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:26 am

HOW BOUT SAMMY LEE LETS GO BACK TO THE BOOT ROOM ,THAT WORKED IN THE PAST WHEN EVERY TEAM WAS AFRAID TO COME TO ANFIELD .SAMMY HAS BEEN TRU GOOD AND BAD TIMES AND IS RUMURED TO BE INTERESTED IN MANAGEMENT.
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:27 am

HOW BOUT SAMMY LEE LETS GO BACK TO THE BOOT ROOM ,THAT WORKED IN THE PAST WHEN EVERY TEAM WAS AFRAID TO COME TO ANFIELD .SAMMY HAS BEEN TRU GOOD AND BAD TIMES AND IS RUMURED TO BE INTERESTED IN MANAGEMENT.
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:36 am

SORRY BOUT THAT LADS PROB WITH INT CONN
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion