Sack the manager before i shoot him - Houllier's bad management

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby irish fan » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:02 pm

I think Houllier should get the sack right away he has been a really rubbish manager. So he wins afew ***** trophies like the league cup and charity shield. What i want and i think most liverpool fans want is the premier league and then the champions league not the uefa cup or Fa cup which are just second best and not what liverpool deserve. also he has spent 100 million and has only brought in three good players Hyypia and Hamman and Riise. Heskey's rubbish and scores only afew goals while the likes of Smicer and Traore aren't even good enough for the 1st division. Finally his tactics are so s**t he plays 10 men behind the ball and bores the kop to sleep. Please come quick Martin O'Neill before we get relegated OR BORED TO DEATH!
irish fan

Postby royal blue mersey » Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:53 pm

Irish fans of Mersey football should support Everton. Don't you know your history?

Oh ...and Houllier must stay !
royal blue mersey

Postby HistoryGirl » Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:24 pm

irish fan dont talk such ***** i would delete your post if i had the ability to. Houllier should stay end of story
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bmnj » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:17 pm

HistoryGirl wrote:irish fan dont talk such ***** i would delete your post if i had the ability to. Houllier should stay end of story

wake up history girl
bmnj

Postby cheesecakery » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:11 pm

Yes i think he is the best manager we have ever had , hes lovely bless him, i like his hair best, just compare it too shanklys and paislys scruffy tufts , long live houllier ,long live the king,
we dont need to be premier champions or euro cup winners as long as we have a manager with a decent rug , not just the winning that counts.
cheesecakery

Postby edwards » Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:47 pm

I totally agree with you that Houllier should go. He lacks a top quality of a very good manager who will bring constant successes every season. but not the odd and less important trophies every now and then. Liverpool FC should win the league more often, and we have not done that for 13 years or so, it is very bad for the club not to achieve the top trophy.  I do not care or worry what Everton's fan think or say. But the truth had to be said, Houllier, will not bring any more successes if he stays.

edwards
edwards

Postby bmnj » Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:26 pm

look at the condition of leeds and sunderland how many managers have they had in the last few months do you wanna see us end up like them. stability is the key to sucess you get stability by sticking by the manager, houllier just needs to be wiser with the players he buys and sells think bout it
bmnj

Postby Lester » Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:20 pm

Part of me is tempted to agree with the stability / avoid the Leeds and Sunderland pitfalls argument, but what guarantee is there that Houllier will buy the right players - to my mind he hasn't always done so in the past [ Traore, Diao, Smicer and even Diouf spring to mind] and struggling to get to 4th place by the end of the season is not what in the tradition of this club should be regarded as a success. It makes me wonder, particularly if his CV can boast a UEFA Cup success, what Martin O'Neill could do for this club, given what he has done for Leicester and Celtic.
Lester

Postby bmnj » Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:27 pm

what if we got o'niell and he failed we would all be sayin we should have kept houllier.  At the end of the day hes not a bad manager he got us 7 pionts off league title last season dont forget and out of the 12 game run we went on when we couldnt get a win only one out of the 12 did we desevre to win and that was when we played newcastle and went 11 pionts off the top
bmnj

Postby bmnj » Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:28 pm

what if we got o'niell and he failed we would all be sayin we should have kept houllier.  At the end of the day hes not a bad manager he got us 7 pionts off league title last season dont forget and out of the 12 game run we went on when we couldnt get a win only one out of the 12 did we desevre to LOSE (made a mistake in previous) and that was when we played newcastle and went 11 pionts off the top
bmnj

Postby Lester » Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:37 pm

Guest wrote:what if we got o'niell and he failed we would all be sayin we should have kept houllier.  At the end of the day hes not a bad manager he got us 7 pionts off league title last season dont forget and out of the 12 game run we went on when we couldnt get a win only one out of the 12 did we desevre to LOSE (made a mistake in previous) and that was when we played newcastle and went 11 pionts off the top

I hear what bmnj is saying but I don't think Martin O'Neill can be so quickly or glibly passed over - look at the way he has turned around the two top flight teams he has managed. Those who play for him describe him as inspirational. Think what he could do with some of the fantastic players this club has - do you think he would have stood for Stephen Gerrard's form at times during this season when in recent games we have seen the quality of the football he is capable of ?? If O'Neill can lead Celtic to a UEFA cup trophy, and I genuinely hope he does, then the Liverpool Board seriously has to think and act before Man U gets in ahead of us.
Lester

Postby bmnj » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:12 am

u got a point but at the same time the uefa cup is not exactly the champions laegue and there are only two decent teams in the scottish league and celtic are one of them, leicster did not exactly win the league under o'neill management only the worthington cup which is a joke of a trophy.  O'niell has passion but he's never faced a real challenge (FACT)
bmnj

Postby lester » Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:42 pm

The worthington cup may only be a joke of a trophy [your words bmnj] but it's the only one we have won this season - Celtic under O'Neill can at least stand a good chance of winning the UEFA cup - OK not the chamions league but its one better than we can do. For my own part, passion is precisely what this team needs and what has at times been conspicuously lacking during parts of this season. And I also think that O'Neill is more than just passion. There's a really good tactical brain in there too.
lester

Postby royal blue mersey » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:43 pm

No doubt MON is a top class adt. ask Stuttgart and Vigo as well as yourselves all top six major league teams
royal blue mersey

Postby Frenchtype » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:43 am

Just a reminder for those who still believe that "Monsieur Houllier" is the right manager for this clulb;
*** France failed to qualify for World cup 94 under Houllier eventhough he had more or less the same team that won the trophy 4 yrs later +  he had the likes of Cantona & Ginola in the team? ???****
I believe the sooner he goes the better, as Liverpool needs the regain it's continental fame & status asap.
Frenchtype

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion