Gerrard houllier - Luckiest manager in the pl

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:48 am

I know this has been done to death but how can a manager like Claudio Ranieri have his job under pressure?  Chelsea is in 3rd place, albeit they won't win the title.  They reached the fifth round of the FA Cup (same as us) before going down to Arsenal, and lets face it, if theres a team you have to lose to, I'd rather it be Arsenal than say, Leeds or Wolves... or Portsmouth.  They beat Stuttgart 1-0 away in the Champions League.  So all in all Chelsea are doing pretty well.  Compare that to Liverpool, who are in sixth place in the PL, out of the FA Cup to Portsmouth of all people, out in the first round of the only thing we won last year and so on and yet GH isn't under pressur.  How can this be possible?  Have the mighty Liverpool fallen so far that this is as good as it gets for us?  Wtf is going on!?
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:55 pm

A club that has become so accustomed to being second best that it would rather settle for stability than take the risk and go for progress. For a club as big as Liverpool, finishing fourth in a league containing as much mediocrity as the Premiership should be a given right. Let's face it, Chelski, Arsenal and manu aside, there is not another side which can say it is bigger or better than Liverpool. Newcastle - no chance, Charlatan - no chance, Fulham - no chance, Everton - lmfao, Birmingham - not a hope. The media likes to stir up this whole "Liverpool is a joke" myth - if we're a joke, what does that make the rest of their beloved Premiership!?!?!?!?!?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:58 pm

raniei has spent the same in 1 year that houllier has spent in 5. however it's just the mentality thesedays that fans want immediate success. chelsea have too many players. i'd gladly take joe cole to anfield anyday. he'd excite the fans in the way mcmanaman used to.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ynwa » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:01 pm

joe cole is a good playeri just gh makes a bid players like cole if they no they just got another player
people say to me if u dont ask u wont get
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion